Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 7th March 2010, 20:07   #1 (permalink)

SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of
"IF" Conditional

I am finding this difficult and would like some examples to help me understand it. I know that there are 2 cases, Examples: (1) it can be done, (2) it's impossible. If it's sunny on Saturday, I'll go to the beach. (2) If I had wings, I'd fly through the universe.
Here are some endings, hope Shirley can point me in the right direction.
Sem, sam
sen, san
se, sa,
sek, sak
senız, sanız
lerse, larsa
seler, salar.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:37   #2 (permalink)

KEN MOFFETT is a splendid one to behold KEN MOFFETT is a splendid one to behold KEN MOFFETT is a splendid one to behold KEN MOFFETT is a splendid one to behold KEN MOFFETT is a splendid one to behold KEN MOFFETT is a splendid one to behold KEN MOFFETT is a splendid one to behold
Re: "IF" Conditional

Noreen Wish I could help but to late on a sunday night cant keep my eyes open LOL, ken is just back from home (Lisburn) hope you are both well and hope to see you soon. Jim
KEN MOFFETT is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 20:56   #3 (permalink)
Nadine in disguise

sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold

Hi Samimi,

I think your endings are right, and they are the same for both meanings but :

(1) for what '"can be done " you usely use the geniş zaman and one of the above mentioned endings :
examples :
- istersen, biraz konuşalım (if you want, we can talk)
- gelirsem, seni ziyaret ederim (if I come, I will visit you)
- tatilim olursa, plaja gideceğim (when I' on holiday I go to the beach)
(it does not necessarily have to be the geniş zaman, but that is most used with this constructions)
(one would translate this by the english "when")

(2) cannot be done : stem + ending
- cevabı bilsem, söylerim (if I knew the answer, I would tell it)
- zengin olsan, ne yaparsın ? (what would you do if you were rich)

here the verb in the second part of the sentence is mostly in the geniş zaman

I hope somebody can explain a bit more about this item, because there is more to it then what I just wrote
(like the use of eğer or keşke)

Selamlarla
Nadine
sparrow is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sparrow For This Useful Post:
SAMIMI (9th March 2010)
Old 7th March 2010, 21:18   #4 (permalink)

pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of

Merhaba Samimi, maybe this link will help
Turkish Language - Conditional Tense
pipermam is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipermam For This Useful Post:
SAMIMI (9th March 2010), whatsup (9th March 2010)
Old 9th March 2010, 08:30   #5 (permalink)

SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of

Merhaba Piperman,
What a great site! I have just added it to my bookmarks. This and the other website I use to learn Turkish should be of great help to me. I just need to pick up the Turkish accent now.................I listen to the radio, I can pick up just a few words. I listen to get the sounds right. The site I currently use to learn, is very good as they correct my homework but they speak far too quickly and do not pronounce all the words. I have to replay and replay!
Old 9th March 2010, 12:18   #6 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute

although SA SE '' if '' conditional suffix is here seen with verbs...it can also be added to a noun in everyday speech
for eg......hastaysam..if i am ill
SAMIMI (9th March 2010)
Old 9th March 2010, 14:41   #7 (permalink)

pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of pipermam has much to be proud of

Hi Samimi,
Glad you found it useful. It was recommended by our turkish teacher, if we wanted to points of grammar. What other website do you use?
Old 9th March 2010, 16:49   #8 (permalink)

Hi Piperman,
Here is the website, I use. It's free! I started at Course 102 but found I needed to go back and start at 101. They have pictures and sentences to match. You first learn the sentences and then you can test yourself by clicking and matching the pictures to the correct sentence. You can submit a vocal exercise and a native Turkish person will listen and correct it by submitting a recording of what it should sound like! depending on the person correcting your work, some speak too quickly and some more are really helpful. Try it and let me know what you think.
I have linguaphone too, so now there is no excuse for me not to learn Turkish!
Learn Languages and Practice with Native Speakers - Users
Old 9th March 2010, 17:44   #9 (permalink)

Hi Samimi,
I too use this site. I have made friends here and we chat regularly on msn or skype using both turkish and english. It has been very useful and my vocabulary has really improved. I also go to classes in Trinity in Dublin every week. The teacher is sponsored by the turkish government. But I find I need the regular practise, classes once a week are not enough.
Old 9th March 2010, 20:31   #10 (permalink)
Nadine in disguise

sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold sparrow is a splendid one to behold

Ah, now I recall this sentence (from a Hoca nasrettin story) :

If this is a cat, where is the meat ?
Bu kediyse, et nerede ?

so, se/sa can also be used after a noun......

By the way Samimi, I also use Livemocha, but personally I don't understand how somebody with no knowledge of the Turkish grammar, can understand the excersises, but I do like the site, however I have not been actually speaking to anybody, just on messenger
How do you do your conversations ? Completely in Turkish or partly Turkish/English ? In my experience my partners knew little English, so the conversation was completely in Turkish, much to my delight, but what is the gain for the other party then ?
How do you proceed with that ?

Kind regards from another zealous Türkçe öğrencisi
sparrow is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
conditional