Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > Turkish Moves > Ask A Turkey Related Question > Turkish Legal Helpdesk

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2011, 23:12   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanked 7,804 Times in 1,919 Posts
Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb How to grant POA (power of attorney) from UK

Guide to granting a Power of Attorney (POA) from UK to use in Turkey.

1. Prepare your POA document in English, here is a sample for granting POA for selling your property in Turkey.

Quote:

POWER OF ATTORNEY

Certified Photograph of the Grantor
(Notary to affix photo, sign across and stamp)

Name xxxxxxxxx

Surname xxxxxxxxx

Place and date of Birth xx/xx/xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Passport Number xxxxxxxxxxx

Mother’s first Name xxxxxxx
Father first Name xxxxxxx

I HEREBY APPOINT xxxxxx xxxxx (full name of person), under the identity card number/passport number of xxxxxxxx (ID/passport no) and with his registered address located at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To act as my true and lawful attorney in-fact to; sell my property which is located in Aydin, Didim, Saplıada 123 plot number and 99 parcel number (change as required) under any conditions, at any price, to any persons he wishes , with or without shares as he wishes; to accept the prices thereof; to give and undersign absolute assignment statements given from my name at the local deed registry office or deed officers; to attach annotation on the title deed;to delete the annotations; deposite and/or accept any kind of taxes and charges regarding the transfer and registry of the real estate or real estate shares that I would sell through this sale; to represent me, correcting the mistakes in name, surname and father’s name, etc., to make any kind of amendments in Treasury Tax Office, Financial Office and all other legal offices; to make any kind of undertakings and consents in the deed registry office, municipality and tax offices,To apply and receive my tax number from Tax Offices in all aspects.

Signed: …............................... Dated:........................

(Notary's stamp and details below)
Full Name/Title:
Address:
2. Find a local Notary Public (Google 'notary public') fees I found to be around 50-100 for a simple prepared document as above.

3. Send off your stamped document to FCO to be Apostilled
Details here The Legalisation Office (FCO) - The only competent authority in the UK to issue apostilles and legalisation certificates.

....a. Download the form from here How to Apply
....b. Pay 36 (30 + 6 return postage via Fedex) online here https://secure.fco.gov.uk/en/secure/...-legalisation/
(print off the receipt to send with document)
....c. Enclose the original document (keep copy for yourself), receipt for online payment, self addressed A4 envelope and send it off to address below recorded delivery.

Legalisation Office
Norfolk House West
437 Silbury Boulevard
Milton Keynes
MK9 2AH

4. You should receive the document back after 2-3 days

5. Send your documents to Turkey (make copies 1st) using a courier service like DHL express.

....a. Find your local nearest service point here DHL SERVICEPOINT - Courier services for parcel delivery UK & International
....b. Take document with details of person you are sending to, including contact number and full address with post code.
....c. Fill in the form and hand over the document, the fee for sending A4 document to Turkey should be 22.99, you will be given a waybill tracking number which you can use to watch your document's progress here DHL | Tracking | English

That's it, the document should arrive around 2-3 days later at destination.

Last edited by Mushtaq; 21st July 2011 at 23:14..
Mushtaq is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mushtaq For This Useful Post:
dalyansteve (22nd July 2011), Helenm150 (22nd July 2011), juco (21st July 2011), judi (21st July 2011), lara (22nd July 2011), macfrazz (22nd July 2011), Nemesis (22nd July 2011), pldouglas (22nd July 2011), SonnyJim (22nd July 2011)
Old 22nd July 2011, 09:23   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 1,179 Times in 424 Posts
pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future
Re: How to grant POA (power of attorney) from UK

We did this a couple of years ago and found the process straight-foward, though we did have to travel a fair few miles in GB to find an Nottary, regular solicitors simply don't seem to deal with this sort of thing. We live in Hastings and found one in Eastbourne eventually, I seem to remember that the whole process cost around 500
pldouglas is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 09:26   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute Mushtaq has a reputation beyond repute

This one cost so far 120 in UK, in addition to this there will be a translation charge in Turkey which I expect to be around 100 Lira.

Time scale wise it has taken 4 days in UK from going to Notary and sending the document off to Turkey via DHL Express.
Old 22nd July 2011, 16:03   #4 (permalink)
dredboy

Price will become famous soon enough

Many thanks for this information. We have just been given POA to sell our friends villa for him and have just received it by recorded delivery from his Notary in West Bromwich, total cost was 180 and it is exactly the same, so nothing to worry about when the military checks are completed to finalise the sale of his villa.
Price is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 16:14   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 1,091 Times in 556 Posts
Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of Hunt 23 has much to be proud of

We have been advised by a Notary in the UK that we do not need a photo.

Has anybody experience of using a POA without a photo?
Hunt 23 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 16:18   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

The photo is or was required in Turkey, not sure if its changed or not, but I would play safe and attach it anyway, they can reject paperwork in which case it's a waste of time and money to redo it all.
Old 24th June 2013, 17:27   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 1,269 Times in 833 Posts
Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of

Never used a photo on my POAs . Many of the actions seem to open ended and not specific enough . There is also no mention of the process of transference of the monies or that the person appointed is merely acting as an agent and it is not time barred.
Chinook is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 18:14   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

You should be as specific as possible in the power you are granting.

It's up to you to dictate what you want to include or exclude in the document. You should NEVER give an open POA, only a Limited one which specify what you want actions you want the person to be able to perform on your behalf.
Old 24th June 2013, 20:16   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 1,269 Times in 833 Posts
Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of

I agree Mushtaq .Its always a problem how you phrase sample wording and I believe that you you should highlight in bold at the beginning that the words need tempering to suit the particular requirements and identify minimum inclusions such as giving a maximum time period to the document( it should not be a lasting POA);state minimum amounts below which the property cannot be sold ( in your wording it could be sold for 1TL;state where the money is to be received , if money is involved,and by whom;that the person receiving the POA is acting as an agent and acquires no rights including step in rights etc.

I also believe that you should further emphasise that the wording is a draft by highlighting the variable clauses above by for example them being in italics.

The worry is that someone naively takes and uses your document as drafted and ties themselves into an unscrupulous person not realising that what you have drafted is an open ended POA which is open to abuse.

Last edited by Chinook; 24th June 2013 at 20:18..
Chinook is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 20:34   #10 (permalink)
Jamster

Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold Jamster is a splendid one to behold

maybe something like:

POWER OF ATTORNEY (herein the "POA")

Certified Photograph of the Grantor
(Notary to affix photo, sign across and stamp)

Name xxxxxxxxx

Surname xxxxxxxxx

Place and date of Birth xx/xx/xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Passport Number xxxxxxxxxxx

Mother’s first Name xxxxxxx
Father first Name xxxxxxx

I HEREBY APPOINT xxxxxx xxxxx (full name of person), under the identity card number/passport number of xxxxxxxx (ID/passport no) and with his registered address located at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To act as my true and lawful attorney in-fact to; sell my property which is located in Aydin, Didim, Saplıada 123 plot number and 99 parcel number (change as required) at a price of not less than ________ to any person, wishes; to accept the prices thereof; to give and undersign absolute assignment statements given from my name at the local deed registry office or deed officers; to attach annotation on the title deed;to delete the annotations; deposite and/or accept any kind of taxes and charges regarding the transfer and registry of the real estate or real estate shares that I would sell through this sale; to represent me, correcting the mistakes in name, surname and father’s name, etc., to make any kind of amendments in Treasury Tax Office, Financial Office and all other legal offices; to make any kind of undertakings and consents in the deed registry office, municipality and tax offices,To apply and receive my tax number from Tax Offices in all aspects.

This POA shall last no longer than a period of x days, or once all owed funds are deposited in ________ bank account.

Signed: …............................... Dated:........................

(Notary's stamp and details below)
Full Name/Title:
Address:
Jamster is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamster For This Useful Post:
art2 (25th June 2013)

Tags
attorney , grant , poa , power