Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 25th April 2012, 15:36   #1 (permalink)

TraceyK is on a distinguished road
Taking a child into Turkey that isnt biologically yours

Hello,
was reading the thread on divorced parents and the problems that not having permission from the birth father has caused.
I have a slightly different problem, in that Im a kinship carer ( I have full parental responsiblity of my grandson and he has lived with me now for two years ) and Im planning on moving over to Turkey to live this year.
The birth father isnt on the birth certificate and has no access or contact with the child.
Does anyone know if I will need anything other than my full parental responsibilty paper work to prove he is in my custody. I would beable to get a letter from his birth mother given permision to take him out the country, but know I couldnt and wouldnt beable to get this from the missing birth father.
I am married to a Turkish man but he wont be with me when I go over due to work commitments in the UK and the idea is for me to go over first and set up our home, so wont be there to help me with amy of this other than via a phone.
Any help or advice would be great.

Tracey
TraceyK is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to TraceyK For This Useful Post:
ChristineP (25th April 2012)
Old 27th April 2012, 18:58   #2 (permalink)

Howell's is a jewel in the rough Howell's is a jewel in the rough Howell's is a jewel in the rough Howell's is a jewel in the rough
Re: Taking a child into Turkey that isnt biologically yours

Hi Tracey
Sorry i dont know the answer but if i was you id call the turkish embassy in London and ask them.
Im not 100% sure but i think you will need to send your parental rights paperwork to the embassy for them to stamp to confirm the documents are all legal
Sorry i cant help anymore
Old 27th April 2012, 21:11   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

What is the childs surname? if its the same as yours no-one will question you. when I brought a relatives child over to Turkey from Cyprus I had to have a document from a solicitor signed by the parents giving me permission.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beyazbayan For This Useful Post:
RedBloodedHound (27th April 2012)
Old 27th April 2012, 22:31   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 3,594 Times in 1,857 Posts
tosmur has disabled reputation

I think you need the Turkish consulate, they deal with visas and validate documents. We went there to get documents validated. Check before you visit the validation has a time limit normally 3 months. But you can ask them questions.

Postal address:
Rutland Lodge Rutland Gardens,
Knightsbridge
London SW7 1BW,
United Kingdom

Telephone: 020 7591 6900
Fax: 020 75 91 6911

[email protected]
tosmur is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 22:57   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 1,980 Times in 921 Posts
culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute culturevulture has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be enough just to have an Affidavit from the childs birth mother, giving you permission to take him out of your country?

Mary.
culturevulture is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 23:38   #6 (permalink)
PostPositive

Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,156 Posts
RedBloodedHound has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyK View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know if I will need anything other than my full parental responsibilty paper work to prove he is in my custody.
I would beable to get a letter from his birth mother given permision to take him out the country

Any help or advice would be great.

Tracey
I note that you are the grandparent.

I've never had the slightest problem (as a lone parent) taking my children in or out of Turkey. Only once a problem at an English port of entry; trying to re-enter England.

I'd take Howell's and Tosmurs advice and ask at the London Turkish Consulate if your parental responsibility paperwork is sufficient. You will need to 'phone to get an appointment.

Best of luck.

Campaign to bring back Elevenses.

Last edited by RedBloodedHound; 27th April 2012 at 23:39.. Reason: Grammar
RedBloodedHound is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 23:47   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 1,748 Times in 802 Posts
cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future cork laurence has a brilliant future

flown cork to bodrum with my son, no problems on arrival, even though i have british passport son has irish. no questions asked. dont think you will have any problems unless a passport comes up at entry, as having had previous problems or alerted by police etc
i was arrested by interpol and sent home, but that was a diferent story!!!
cork laurence is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2012, 14:34   #8 (permalink)

Howell's is a jewel in the rough Howell's is a jewel in the rough Howell's is a jewel in the rough Howell's is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork laurence View Post
flown cork to bodrum with my son, no problems on arrival, even though i have british passport son has irish. no questions asked. dont think you will have any problems unless a passport comes up at entry, as having had previous problems or alerted by police etc
i was arrested by interpol and sent home, but that was a diferent story!!!
They would be fine if they was just holidaying here and didnt need to stay over the 30 days.
The problems will arrise when they go for residency
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:29   #9 (permalink)
Non Active Member

jackfatih has a spectacular aura about jackfatih has a spectacular aura about

hi
my details are exactly the same as yours my daughter is a single mother who lives in cyprus and no father on birth certificate. Unfortunately it was too expensive for her with sitters etc whilst she tried to work. So 2 years ago my grandson came to live with my self and my Turkish husband.

All i did was take the letter of daughters consent to translation office, into turkish then this to be taken to the notars office to be stamped and witnessed of your signature. Your daughter also needs to ensure that this is also signed at the same time. As in our case my daughter go this translated in Cyprus she signed it and then we took it to be countersigned at the Notars office.

Please make sure that it states that your name in full and your passport number (and your husbands name) if you want is on the document along with your daughters full name and passport. Also your grandchild full details. Stating that you are fully responsible for them.

Once you have this document you need to go to the foreign office (polis) and do his residency as normal. You will only have to pay for the residency book. They will need a translated birth certificate and this notarised paper.

If he/she is of school age i can give you more information just pm me. Or if you need further help.
jackfatih is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
biologically , child , taking , turkey