Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 24th February 2014, 14:35   #1 (permalink)

jimmy1969 is on a distinguished road
power of attorney

hello everyone can anyone advice me on how to go about giving my wife poa as i own an apartment in turkey and it is under my name only.does the person you give poa to has to be in the country or all information about her will be enough eg passport.also will this poa be good for her to tranfer my bank account on her name if something happens to me.any advice much appreciated
thank you
jimmy1969 is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 24th February 2014, 14:56   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 4,032 Times in 1,652 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: power of attorney

Why not just make the bank account a joint one then you both have access and automatically inherit without any hassle. A UK POA will not necessarily be accepted in Turkey without a notarised translation.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
jimmy1969 (24th February 2014)
Old 24th February 2014, 17:39   #3 (permalink)

stevecarol is just really nice stevecarol is just really nice stevecarol is just really nice stevecarol is just really nice stevecarol is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
Why not just make the bank account a joint one then you both have access and automatically inherit without any hassle. A UK POA will not necessarily be accepted in Turkey without a notarised translation.
Wrong!
Old 24th February 2014, 17:43   #4 (permalink)
ido

ido is on a distinguished road

A UK citizen wanting a power of attorney for use in Turkey must have it apostilled by the Foreign Office in London first.
Otherwise it will not be accepted here.
TBCCI

Turkish British Chamber of Commerce and Industry
HOME | SERVICES | SITE MAP | NEWS | NEWSLETTER | EVENTS | FAQ | CONTACT US
Türkçe English
MEMBERS LOGIN
Username
Password
HELP
HOME
ABOUT TBCCI
MEMBERSHIP
Members’ Benefits
Become A Member
Privilege Card
TRADE SERVICES
DOCUMENT SERVICES
SUPPORT SERVICES
BUSINESS GUIDE
LINKS
CONTACT US

[email protected]

You are here:
Home > Document Services > Powers of AttorneyI

POWER OF ATTORNEY (UK)
This section presents general information about Powers of Attorney prepared in the UK. Here you will also be able to find about Certification and Translation Services provided by our Chamber related with Powers of Attorney and a list of Turkish British Chamber of Commerce and Industry member Solicitors and Law Firms who can offer legal and notarial services.

For Power of Attorney executed in Turkey, select
Turkish Power of Attorney (in English)
Turkish Power of Attorney (in Turkish)

ADVERTISEMENT

Advertise Here

This section should be used as a guide only and you are strongly advised to seek advice from a notary public at an early stage when planning to arrange a Power of Attorney.

What is a Power of Attorney?
Powers of Attorney prepared in the UK
Translation of Powers of Attorney
TBCCI Member Notaries, Solicitors & Law Offices
TBCCI Certification Services
TBCCI Legalisation Support
TBCCI Translation Services
What is a Power of Attorney?
A Power of Attorney is a written authorisation by which one person enables an appointed person to perform specified acts for his/her behalf. The Power of Attorney may be granted (executed) as a general or a limited authority. The scope of the Power of Attorney will define what a court will enforce as being the scope of its authority. Powers of Attorney are useful and required in cases when
- You wish your personal or commercial business to be conducted in your absence, when for example, your business is in a different country
- You wish your personal or commercial business to be conducted by someone who has more expertise or technical knowledge than you, when for example, you are dealing with a legal matter
- You are alive but unable to look after your financial or legal affairs, for example, if you are in an accident or suffer a serious medical emergency.

POWERS OF ATTORNEY PREPARED IN THE UK
The Power of Attorney prepared in the UK must be correctly executed as a deed under English law. As explained in the next sections, there can be different procedures for Turkish citizens and for UK nationals for the use of Powers of Attorney in the UK or Turkey.

a) For use in the UK
- If the Power of Attorney prepared in the UK is to be used in the UK, the procedure below will apply both to Turkish and UK nationals.
- If you are in the UK and you intend to use the Power of Attorney in the UK, you can have a Solicitor prepare the Power of Attorney for you and have it notarised by a Notary (Notary Public). A Notary is an internationally recognised legal officer who can authenticate signatures on the Power of Attorney.
- We recommend that you ask a lawyer to draft your POA. For a list of TBCCI member Solicitors and Law Offices who offer Power of Attorney and Notarial services, click here.

Back to Top ^
b) For use in Turkey
If you are in the UK and you plan to authorise the Power of Attorney for use in Turkey, the procedure is different for Turkish citizens and for UK nationals:

b1) If you are a Turkish Citizen:
Turkish citizens in the UK wishing to authorise a Power of Attorney for use in Turkey, can have their Power of Attorney prepared and notarised at the Turkish Consulate General in London and must apply in person to the Consulate by prior appointment. Turkish Consulate notarised Power of Attorney arranged by a Turkish national can be used in Turkey without any need for further endorsement from a UK notary or any UK authority.

Click here to see the documents required for Power of Attorney
Click here for an online Consulate appointment. Address: Rutland Lodge, Rutland Gardens, Knightsbridge, London SW7 1BW
Tel.: 020 7591 6900,
Fax: 020 7591 6911,
E-Mail: [email protected]

Beside the procedure described above, Turkish nationals may also follow the alternative route explained in section (b2) below. In this process called the “Apostille”, instead of the Turkish Consulate executing the Power of Attorney, POA is first notarised by a Notary in the UK, and then the notarised document is legalised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

Back to Top ^
b2) If you are a UK national or a corporate entity registered in the UK:
UK nationals in the UK or a legal entity registered in the UK intending to authorise a Power of Attorney for use in Turkey should:
ido is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ido For This Useful Post:
Old 24th February 2014, 19:21   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 3,594 Times in 1,857 Posts
tosmur has disabled reputation

We got POA at the Turkish Consulate in London.

Last edited by tosmur; 24th February 2014 at 19:21.. Reason: typo
tosmur is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tosmur For This Useful Post:
Old 24th February 2014, 19:37   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 1,269 Times in 833 Posts
Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmur View Post
We got POA at the Turkish Consulate in London.
So did I and as far as I am aware you still can . Mind postulation was easier as you could do it at the foreign office iat Marble Arch in those days.

Not certain what Stevecarol is saying "wrong" to without explanation . We have a joint account for the very reason stated by Kanga . The money would be transferred by the surviving partner before anyone knew officially.
Chinook is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinook For This Useful Post:
Old 24th February 2014, 20:05   #7 (permalink)

Akbuk will become famous soon enough Akbuk will become famous soon enough

you can do in nearest public notary

sample of content
I HEREBY APPOINT and authorise SEVİM ..........., with the Turkish citizenship number .......... ( date of birth........ father’s name ......) and in the address of Atatürk Bulvarı No:117 Didim/Aydın Turkey.To be my representative to sell any real estate registered in the boundaries of Republic of Turkey ,

As my attorney to be powered and authorised to sell my/our rights and shares that I hold on my properties completely or partly to anybody with any terms and conditions, for any price, either by way of mortgage or not, to receive the mortgage monies to be released on my name from any bank branch within the borders of Turkish Republic, to sign the relevant documents in the bank branches, to ask the monies on my behalf, to sign the official title deeds transfer documentation to the purchasers’ names on my behalf, to prepare property tax declaration documents and sign, to pay for taxes and appeal, to obtain my tax number from the related tax office, to correct name and surname mistakes and all the other mistakes in my statements, to obtain registration and records from land registry office, to carry out type change process, and to transfer the electric and water subscriptions on the name of the buyer on the mentioned property with any price and terms and conditions, to take the deposits back, to close the water and electric connection, to follow up all the official transactions in BELEDIYE, TEDAS, AYDEM and water association. Also transfer all the powers that has been mentioned in this power of attorney to third parties and authorise them that she deems necessary and cancel these powers and parties if necessary on my behalf.

PS: The Power of Attorney must be signed by the appointer and by the public notary. ‘Apostille’ document must be attached to it, otherwise it won’ t be valid
jimmy1969 (24th February 2014), tosmur (24th February 2014)
Old 24th February 2014, 20:08   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 3,594 Times in 1,857 Posts
tosmur has disabled reputation

We got POA in London about a month ago it was quite cheap, I know when we got a POA in Turkey it cost more than it cost in London.
tosmur is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tosmur For This Useful Post:
Old 24th February 2014, 20:14   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 1,269 Times in 833 Posts
Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of

Akbuk that looks like a perfect example of how not to write a POA with the generality of the instructions ,to enble the agreement of amounts without reversion, to receive monies without instruction as to what to do with them , to have the ability to pass the powers on to third parties and for the POA to have an unlimited life etc etc . Tell me it is tongue in cheek.
Chinook is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinook For This Useful Post:
Old 24th February 2014, 20:29   #10 (permalink)

Akbuk will become famous soon enough Akbuk will become famous soon enough

I don't bother try to make sense of it
this sample given by legal translator (sami)
I never had problem with it in deeds office

deeds office require certain content
don't forget POA gets translated and notary approval in Didim
must be makes sense then

Tags
attorney , power