Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 21st April 2017, 12:58   #41 (permalink)

Thanked 3,520 Times in 1,424 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Rental Regulations in Turkey

Anything that controls short term lets is a blessing in my experience. We had a lovely pent-house in Cardiff, one of 5 on the top floor with big balconies and fabulous views across to Somerset. The building is small, 5 floors, undercroft parking, electronic entry for car and front doors, and lift. Close to shopping, restaurants and city centre, nice.
Our life was made hell by a neighbouring owner who rented his pent-house out on laterooms.com and other similar hotel room sites. (This was before airbnb). Most weekends there were groups of rowdy drunks who damaged the lift, partied into the small hours, and parked anywhere. They fooled around on the balconies hanging rugby and football banners off them. They had codes for all the doors and left firedoors wedged open, one actually deactivated the fire alarm. Complaints made no difference, even though the lease only allowed 6 month shorthold tenancies for letting. Typical cost was £250 for 6 for a Saturday night.
In the end we had to get the management company in. They posed as potential renters and when they got into the place with the owners they then warned them that the freeholder would withdraw their lease if they didn't stop, and refuse access to the property. (This legal and part of all leases). They did stop but then stopped paying the service charges. We eventually took them to the Residential Property Tribunal (RPT). That was excellent. There's a hearing with a barrister in property law and a registered surveyor and both sides have to put their case in writing, and then in person. We were the first ever to use the RPT in Cardiff for nonpayment of service charges. After a 3 day hearing the owners were found in breach, and paid up all the backlog that afternoon.
Not an experience we would want again, and the damage was an extra expense we all had to find from service charges.
This is being replicated all across flats and apartment blocks and is hell for residents.
Akasya (21st April 2017), Hilsjw (21st April 2017), IbrahimAbi (21st April 2017), LauraB (21st April 2017), shash (21st April 2017)
Old 21st April 2017, 13:16   #42 (permalink)

Thanked 1,387 Times in 510 Posts
eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of eliza has much to be proud of

Very interesting account, I hate letting and all the rest of it, that is because of tenants' behaviour in England, people do not know how to behave. In general I also think that this new legislation is quite logical for Turkey in view of the refugee situation in particular. Probably the anomalies for foreign owners will be ironed out eventually ... I don't think there is a particular vendetta against foreign owners ...
eliza is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eliza For This Useful Post:
shash (21st April 2017)
Old 21st April 2017, 14:17   #43 (permalink)

Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

To add to the previous, apparently 61 landlords in UK have been fined up to £1,000 for non-compliance since the 'Right to Rent' law came in.
Old 21st April 2017, 14:31   #44 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 3,965 Times in 1,832 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

I have never heard of the 'right to rent' law in the UK . Just googled it. I suppose our agents check on our behalf but it is worth following up on.

Last edited by IbrahimAbi; 21st April 2017 at 14:33..
IbrahimAbi is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 15:26   #45 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 17,182 Times in 8,647 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

But getting back to topic...

1.These new regulations will increase costs to owners that will be passed on to renters

2.They cannot be fulfilled by absentee landlords

3.They will not stop property damage by bad renters

Imho they are the death knell for property owners seeking income from their investment and property prices will decline further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza View Post
... In general I also think that this new legislation is quite logical for Turkey in view of the refugee situation in particular. Probably the anomalies for foreign owners will be ironed out eventually ... I don't think there is a particular vendetta against foreign owners ...
1.Refugees, renting? Connection?

2.I donít see these regulations being aimed at foreign owners as they apply equally to Turks.

If I expressed my opinion in English I would, quite rightly, be banned so Iíll just say wat 'n bloedige gemors!
Old 21st April 2017, 16:42   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
I have never heard of the 'right to rent' law in the UK . Just googled it. I suppose our agents check on our behalf but it is worth following up on.
Any professional management company in UK should be aware of it and should automatically be vetting potential tenants.I dont think you need to worry!
IbrahimAbi (22nd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:01   #47 (permalink)
Side

Michelleelleray is on a distinguished road
Re: new renting legislation

I have been in touch with our management company and i dont know how correct they are but they say that guests/ renters do not have to be registered at gendarma if from abroad as they are registered when they come through passport control. He is going to check with local council ( side/ manavgat) he also says that if it was correct and they did all have to be registered then it would be their job as management team to do this. Like i say dont know how correct it is and it does go against some of the rules in the article ie: if on a complex you cant let your apartment. Will update if i am told anything different.
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:13   #48 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 18,304 Times in 7,865 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: new renting legislation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelleelleray View Post
I have been in touch with our management company and i dont know how correct they are but they say that guests/ renters do not have to be registered at gendarma if from abroad as they are registered when they come through passport control. He is going to check with local council ( side/ manavgat) he also says that if it was correct and they did all have to be registered then it would be their job as management team to do this. Like i say dont know how correct it is and it does go against some of the rules in the article ie: if on a complex you cant let your apartment. Will update if i am told anything different.
I have never had to register where I am staying in Turkey at passport control.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
enoch (23rd April 2017)
Old 23rd April 2017, 13:30   #49 (permalink)

Thanked 7,206 Times in 2,957 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have never had to register where I am staying in Turkey at passport control.
Could this be regional interpretation meaning you are logged on the computer at passport control = registered.

Don't believe those who by wealth are sheltered from reality.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:41   #50 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 18,304 Times in 7,865 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juco View Post
Could this be regional interpretation meaning you are logged on the computer at passport control = registered.
That's not the address though is it, it's just you have arrived into the country, the threat is they will seal houses/villas that are not properly registered and place heavy fines on the owners.
What happens when your clients get home after being evicted, will they sue you ?
It's a minefield I wouldn't want to be walking across, I think there will be major traumas for those who don't register and haven't paid the taxes due in Turkey.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
Akasya (23rd April 2017), enoch (23rd April 2017)

Tags
laws , legislation , regulation , regulations , rental , renting , turkey