Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 4th May 2019, 17:04   #21 (permalink)

Thanked 3,472 Times in 2,050 Posts
enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inheritance Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanabridge View Post
Not if the court case is judged under a foreign countries law, whether British,French,Spanish..........
I agree it should be ,but like Abi says it's down to the judge at the time .
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2019, 18:23   #22 (permalink)

Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,050 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

I have known of a case similar, the goods and shackles were divided up as per the UK will,but the property was under Turkish inheritance law. Thats not to say some of the other benefactors cannot ''sign over'' the property to the surviving party ,but it goes back to court for that again..

As for the scooter, as Tenpins other half & I discussed in a p.m. the other day if not being used, tax & insurance fines & debts are not payable until the scoot is sold....so bury it under the construction of a new hotel...lol...

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to REDDERS For This Useful Post:
Bramidan (5th May 2019), suecheshireuk (5th May 2019), Tenpin (4th May 2019)
Old 4th May 2019, 22:51   #23 (permalink)
The Yorkshireman

Thanked 1,249 Times in 637 Posts
Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of Tenpin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDERS View Post

As for the scooter, as Tenpins other half & I discussed in a p.m. the other day if not being used, tax & insurance fines & debts are not payable until the scoot is sold....so bury it under the construction of a new hotel...lol...
Forgot to mention that REDDERS.....That's likely to be the plan, but first we're going to give it one last shot at the Notary that said the outstanding debt could take a while to clear off, I think 3-4 days is sufficient.
REDDERS (5th May 2019)
Old 5th May 2019, 09:26   #24 (permalink)

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,284 Posts
suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
Not sure about siblings, I thought that if there are no children then the spouse collects the lot. (I hope so,as that is the case with us, and I have a really dodgy family!)
You need to have a read on the subject Ibrahim, you will find it goes through a process of who inherits what if there are no children.. it evens goes onto grand parents if there are any. xx
suecheshireuk is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suecheshireuk For This Useful Post:
Harem (5th May 2019), IbrahimAbi (5th May 2019)
Old 5th May 2019, 10:01   #25 (permalink)

Thanked 1,499 Times in 654 Posts
Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future Bramidan has a brilliant future

So on the deathbed how about transferring it to the surviving spouse for a nominal sum?
Ken Dodd married his long term partner on his deathbed to obtain spouse exemption in the UK!

Apart from timing is there anything to prevent this in Turkish Law. Please don't comment on UK law as it does not seem relevent on this post.
Bramidan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2019, 11:02   #26 (permalink)

Thanked 3,472 Times in 2,050 Posts
enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute enoch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramidan View Post
So on the deathbed how about transferring it to the surviving spouse for a nominal sum?
Ken Dodd married his long term partner on his deathbed to obtain spouse exemption in the UK!

Apart from timing is there anything to prevent this in Turkish Law. Please don't comment on UK law as it does not seem relevent on this post.
I understand after you are over 60 years of age to make a will you need to have a test to make sure have not got any mental problems and you need it stamped before the notary will sign it off . It' a standard thing even for the Turkish
enoch is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to enoch For This Useful Post:
suecheshireuk (5th May 2019)
Old 5th May 2019, 11:35   #27 (permalink)

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,284 Posts
suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enoch View Post
I understand after you are over 60 years of age to make a will you need to have a test to make sure have not got any mental problems and you need it stamped before the notary will sign it off . It' a standard thing even for the Turkish
I didn't know that enoch. That's worth knowing, though I'm assuming whether you have a will or not, it will still get divided as it should by Turkish law ? xx
suecheshireuk is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2019, 11:50   #28 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 13,332 Times in 6,357 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Note for diary: 'Don't fall off your perch at the weekend or Bayram'
Bramidan (5th May 2019)
Old 5th May 2019, 18:22   #29 (permalink)

Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,050 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

In that case neither is your first paragraph relevant as that's regarding UK law.

You cannot undersell a property here now, you must sell at least no less than the Belediye valuation ,also there's a new system, introduced a few weeks ago which again may affect the price a property can be sold for.....i'm referring to Turkey not UK of course...

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to REDDERS For This Useful Post:
Akasya (5th May 2019), enoch (5th May 2019), shash (5th May 2019), suecheshireuk (6th May 2019)
Old 3rd August 2019, 11:19   #30 (permalink)

spanabridge is just really nice spanabridge is just really nice spanabridge is just really nice spanabridge is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanabridge View Post
My wife died recently and the house etc were in her name. I have seen an International lawyer in Marmaris and because we are both foreigners and she left a will leaving everything to me which was apostilled in the UK. When it goes to court here in Turkey it will be judged under British Law and not Turkish Law. The lawyer estimates it will take 2 months and not years for a verdict.
I can confirm that my case went to a court case in Turkey to be judged under UK law rather than Turkish Law and the judge ruled that only my name should be on the Tapu. The new Tapu is now awaiting my collection when I return to Turkey at the end of this month,all paperwork completed.
spanabridge is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spanabridge For This Useful Post:
davem (3rd August 2019), enoch (3rd August 2019), IbrahimAbi (3rd August 2019), jearden (3rd August 2019), Kanga (3rd August 2019), LauraB (3rd August 2019), shash (3rd August 2019), SonnyJim (3rd August 2019)

Tags
inheritance , law