FORUM
  Home
  Forums
  Photo Gallery
  TLF Donations
  Forum Rules
  Register
  LINKS
  Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 12th May 2019, 22:23   #11 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive
 
yalimart's Avatar
 

Thanks: 14,048
Thanked 21,838 Times in 9,523 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AGM , who can attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDDRINGTON View Post
Yes Steve - it is interesting how different sites vary. We had a bad experience with the developer but our governing document is very liberal in terms of who can be proxy. Anybody off the street could be a proxy if an owner wants to give them their vote.

On other sites, it is the same as yours and much of that tended to be a ploy by the developer to limit participation especially as these sites tended to be almost 100% UK/ EU ownership.

As to your comment re your Baskan, surely he/ she will be limited to how many proxies they can use on the day?
Past experience tells me it is a maximum of 5% of the total can be carried by a proxy, albeit that was 12 years ago.

Martin
__________________
Born in Mancunia

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 22:35   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 695
Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,106 Posts
WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute WIDDRINGTON has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AGM , who can attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalimart View Post
Past experience tells me it is a maximum of 5% of the total can be carried by a proxy, albeit that was 12 years ago.

Martin
Yes Martin. My understanding is that a property has one vote but can also hold proxies - no more than 5% of the total properties eligible ( with no fractions ). So , in a site say with 99 properties then an owner could hold 1 + 4 votes.
WIDDRINGTON is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2019, 06:34   #13 (permalink)
Bodrum buddy
 

Thanks: 1,714
Thanked 996 Times in 617 Posts
alva5763 has much to be proud of alva5763 has much to be proud of alva5763 has much to be proud of alva5763 has much to be proud of alva5763 has much to be proud of alva5763 has much to be proud of alva5763 has much to be proud of alva5763 has much to be proud of
Re: AGM , who can attend

Think payment is covered under Condominium Law.
alva5763 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alva5763 For This Useful Post:
Leo (15th May 2019), shash (13th May 2019)
Old 13th May 2019, 07:25   #14 (permalink)
Postless Pointer
 
Akasya's Avatar
 

Thanks: 50,716
Thanked 29,781 Times in 13,592 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AGM , who can attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDDRINGTON View Post
Yes Steve - it is interesting how different sites vary. We had a bad experience with the developer but our governing document is very liberal in terms of who can be proxy. Anybody off the street could be a proxy if an owner wants to give them their vote.

On other sites, it is the same as yours and much of that tended to be a ploy by the developer to limit participation especially as these sites tended to be almost 100% UK/ EU ownership.

As to your comment re your Baskan, surely he/ she will be limited to how many proxies they can use on the day?
Our site is a former co operative so may differ , our baskan is a three person committee , elected two and three bi annually . I was advised by an english speaking co owner that the baskan could hold numerous proxies , they are declared and pre listed before the agm and noted if utilised . We do not attend our agm , it is of course in Turkish and is usually quite noisy . We are not fluent .


Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2019, 07:45   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 786
Thanked 1,491 Times in 811 Posts
akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future
Re: AGM , who can attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash View Post
While we are on this subject. Is there a going rate to pay a manager or president or vice president a yearly fee.?
A minimum of 50% of the site fees (by law)I receive a full years fees but use the money to help me carry out my duties like flights to deal with the notary and banks etc
akbukowl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akbukowl For This Useful Post:
shash (13th May 2019)
Old 14th May 2019, 16:44   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 359
Thanked 254 Times in 141 Posts
jearden is a jewel in the rough jearden is a jewel in the rough jearden is a jewel in the rough jearden is a jewel in the rough
Re: AGM , who can attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbukowl View Post
A minimum of 50% of the site fees (by law)I receive a full years fees but use the money to help me carry out my duties like flights to deal with the notary and banks etc
Can you provide a reference for this minimum 50% law for condominium managers. This is new to me and I'm sure many others.
__________________
John
jearden is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019, 20:41   #17 (permalink)
Leo
Senior Member
 
Leo's Avatar
 

Thanks: 1,814
Thanked 895 Times in 321 Posts
Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of Leo has much to be proud of
Re: AGM , who can attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDDRINGTON View Post
And those holding proxies Leo- surely?
Yes of course - but they are holding proxys for Owners - which is my point... ONLY Owners can attend - either in person or via proxy.

For the record, proxy voting can be a complex affair - which we have found a work-with system to follow. If anyone needs guidance on this, i am happy to assist.
Leo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2019, 22:18   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 786
Thanked 1,491 Times in 811 Posts
akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future
Re: AGM , who can attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jearden View Post
Can you provide a reference for this minimum 50% law for condominium managers. This is new to me and I'm sure many others.
Condominium Law PM me your email address and I will send you a copy
akbukowl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 13:15   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 359
Thanked 254 Times in 141 Posts
jearden is a jewel in the rough jearden is a jewel in the rough jearden is a jewel in the rough jearden is a jewel in the rough
Re: AGM , who can attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbukowl View Post
A minimum of 50% of the site fees (by law)I receive a full years fees but use the money to help me carry out my duties like flights to deal with the notary and banks etc
If your response to Shash is based on condo law then your interpretation is different to mine.
This is the section I assume youíre referring to-
(Amended: 13/4/1983 - 2814/art.13.)
The board of condominium owners decide whether the manager who has been appointed among condominium owners will participate to normal management expenditures or not, should he participate, in which proportion he will participate.
If no decision was made to this end, the manager does not participate half of the normal management expenditures of his share during his management period.

Note, that it refers only to property-owner managers, and the Board decide whether or not to grant a reduction in his/her site fees as compensation. There is no compulsion to grant anything.

But itís a moot point because in most cases a 50% reduction in site fees is such a small amount to compensate for a site managers duties and responsibilities that itís hardly relevant to most sites.
__________________
John
jearden is online now send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jearden For This Useful Post:
shash (16th May 2019)
Old 17th May 2019, 09:30   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 

Thanks: 786
Thanked 1,491 Times in 811 Posts
akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future akbukowl has a brilliant future
Re: AGM , who can attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jearden View Post
If your response to Shash is based on condo law then your interpretation is different to mine.
This is the section I assume youíre referring to-
(Amended: 13/4/1983 - 2814/art.13.)
The board of condominium owners decide whether the manager who has been appointed among condominium owners will participate to normal management expenditures or not, should he participate, in which proportion he will participate.
If no decision was made to this end, the manager does not participate half of the normal management expenditures of his share during his management period.

Note, that it refers only to property-owner managers, and the Board decide whether or not to grant a reduction in his/her site fees as compensation. There is no compulsion to grant anything.

But itís a moot point because in most cases a 50% reduction in site fees is such a small amount to compensate for a site managers duties and responsibilities that itís hardly relevant to most sites.
I don't disagree with that because I've based my answers on the Baskan being an owner the 50% is enforceable.
As I said I get a full years site fees as payment .
We also tender for grounds maintenance,security,pool management,and general maintenance.
akbukowl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akbukowl For This Useful Post:
Akasya (17th May 2019), IbrahimAbi (17th May 2019), shash (17th May 2019)
Reply

Tags
agm , attend


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2,000 attend 1916 Rising commemoration John O' Dreams News & Views 5 5th April 2010 03:17



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:55.
TurkishLiving.com tested by Norton Internet Security TurkishLiving.com tested by McAfee Internet Security
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Style Provided By: Wrestling Clique - Wrestling Forums
TurkishLiving.com


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155