Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > Turkish Moves > Turkish Life Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2017, 20:09   #21 (permalink)
stuart

stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold
Re: Another nail in the coffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by enoch View Post
The news is old this came in May 2015.
Not true.... Read the article..... what came in around that time was that expats living outside EEA countries were not entitled to free National health and had to pay for it. now they are saying that on top of that there will be an extra 50% charge. google... expat NHS entitlement and check it out for yourself,
stuart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 20:15   #22 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,389 Times in 4,508 Posts
kemerkid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Government U-turn on NHS access for expats - Telegraph
The link for the article as requested,
stuart the article is dated 29th May 2015.
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kemerkid For This Useful Post:
REDDERS (30th January 2017)
Old 30th January 2017, 21:00   #23 (permalink)
stuart

stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold

Yes, but was in todays papers, see top of page date what has not been mentioned in the past as far as am aware is having to pay 150% of the costs. the 50 % Punitive charge mentioned
Have also heard that a lot of hospitals are now asking to see passports.
You are not allowed free NHS if you have been out of the country more than 3 months I think it is, unless you intend to repatriate permanently, how they will prove that is another thing...
pensions next ? the are classed as a benefit by the government.
stuart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 21:15   #24 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 21,298 Times in 8,856 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Last week whilst booking in for a check up ECG at my local General Hosp ( Surrey ) i had to declare that i had not lived abroad within the last months.

I said i have been abroad several times for a total of nearly four months , what do you think i asked the manager ?

Dunno was the firm reply , have a look at my attendances , on the electronic register for clinic's and consultants here i said.

That is good enough for me was her reply , as she laughed.

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 21:27   #25 (permalink)
________

Thanked 9,389 Times in 4,508 Posts
kemerkid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yes, but was in todays papers, see top of page date what has not been mentioned in the past as far as am aware is having to pay 150% of the costs. the 50 % Punitive charge mentioned
Have also heard that a lot of hospitals are now asking to see passports.
You are not allowed free NHS if you have been out of the country more than 3 months I think it is, unless you intend to repatriate permanently, how they will prove that is another thing...
pensions next ? the are classed as a benefit by the government.
Waffle stuart, the article was dated 29th May 2015. If you had half a brain, you would have spotted that!
kemerkid is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 21:52   #26 (permalink)

Thanked 9,612 Times in 3,674 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The link for the article as requested,
Thanks Stuart, I think the confusion about how old the article is, is down to the Telegraph re-printing it now because it relates to changes that will occur in 2017/18.

"Government U-turn on NHS access for expats - Telegraph The Telegraph - Telegraph Online, Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph › News › Health › Expat Health
29 May 2015 - Friday 27 January 2017 ... Millions of British expats have been denied access to NHS care which they were promised before the election. ... treatment and this should be consistent with the principles of expat eligibility for UK ..."

"British expats from outside Europe must pay for NHS ... - The Telegraph
The Telegraph - Telegraph Online, Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph - Telegraph › News › Health › Expat Health 29 Apr 2015 - A bill for 150 per cent of the cost of treatment will be handed to Britons living ... Expats from outside Europe who return to the UK to use NHS hospitals ... They are part of a drive to save the NHS 500 million a year by 2017/18."

British expats from outside Europe must pay for NHS hospital care - Telegraph
Old 31st January 2017, 04:48   #27 (permalink)

Thanked 4,536 Times in 1,687 Posts
villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute

A friend in Brighton who has recently undergone a major operation had to show her passport prior to it being arranged and the times she had been in and out of the uk were checked.
villabaris1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2017, 06:48   #28 (permalink)

Thanked 6,238 Times in 2,088 Posts
Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute Hilsjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabaris1 View Post
Probably because like it or not, we are not entitled to it.
Obviously many people who live here permanently do go back for treatment, consultations and even pre planned operations and quote the oft repeated mantra of we have paid into it all our lives and we are entitled to it.
Deep down they know they are not entitled to it after choosing to live in another country.
Ironically the same people are often the most avid complainers about "foreigners" draining the NHS and "stealing our jobs"...often voicing their opinions from a barstool in a foreign pub.
I don't understand your take on this at all. If you have paid in all your life and want medical treatment when back in the U.K. surely you are more entitled to it than the many women who deliberately come over here to have babies on the NHS free of charge. The men who come over with AIDS but are not returned because they won't get the treatment back in their own counties or the people who are here on holiday and have a mishap and need treatment, they don't pay either, even though they have health insurance ! I really don't get it !!
Hilsjw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hilsjw For This Useful Post:
Akasya (31st January 2017), eliza (2nd February 2017), Jaycey (31st January 2017), Yalides (31st January 2017)
Old 31st January 2017, 08:24   #29 (permalink)

Thanked 4,536 Times in 1,687 Posts
villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont have any "take" on it. I am simply pointing out what expats are legally entitled to under the decisions taken by the elected UK government who I am also not entitled to vote for.
Of course i would love to think that after paying into the uk system all my working life I would be entitled to go back to Britain after living in Turkey permanently for 12 years and have an operation or whatever. But i am not entitled to do so.
Of course there are people who choose to do so and takeup a bed and the time of hardpressed surgeons which couldhave been used to cure or save the life of someone who has also paid into the system all their life but chosen to live in the UK permanently rather than opt for a life in the sun, and return to the uk for treatment happy to play the " I am entitled to it more than a foreigner " card. The bottom line is they are not entitled to it and two wrongs dont make a right.

Last edited by villabaris1; 31st January 2017 at 08:26..
villabaris1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2017, 08:36   #30 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 3,291 Times in 1,524 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

If we want the surety of NHS treatment whatever that entails, then we have to go back to live there. It really is a s simple as that.
stuart (7th February 2017), villabaris1 (31st January 2017)

Tags
coffin , nail