Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 20th March 2017, 09:23   #1 (permalink)

robertnelson133 is on a distinguished road
Buying A property

Hello,

I am flying out next week to search for a holiday home in the area, I was wondering if anyone has any tips?

I've read all the guides and understand all the fees ect involved and the actual buying process itself.

One thing that really confuses me is most of the properties are listed in GBP?

I had opened a Turkish lira account, so was hoping to buy in the currency, my main concern is the variations in price. I have seen the same properties for sale with different agents and noticed price differences of up to 80,000!

My 3 main areas for looking are Dalyan, Koycegiz or Calis

Thank you
robertnelson133 is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 20th March 2017, 09:33   #2 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 4,728 Times in 2,206 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buying A property

Whenever people post a similar post on Turkish forums, those who have been here and bought reply to rent first. At this time in particular, with no one knowing what the result and effect,of the referendum will be, it makes more sense than ever to rent first. This way you can find what areas you are interested in and see how they are out of season too.
bal canavar (20th March 2017), Hilsjw (21st March 2017), LauraB (20th March 2017)
Old 20th March 2017, 09:38   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,625 Posts
evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertnelson133 View Post
Hello,

I am flying out next week to search for a holiday home in the area, I was wondering if anyone has any tips?

I've read all the guides and understand all the fees ect involved and the actual buying process itself.

One thing that really confuses me is most of the properties are listed in GBP?

I had opened a Turkish lira account, so was hoping to buy in the currency, my main concern is the variations in price. I have seen the same properties for sale with different agents and noticed price differences of up to 80,000!

My 3 main areas for looking are Dalyan, Koycegiz or Calis

Thank you
Only advice most folks will give on here ,is try to avoid falling in love with buying a new build property . Buy a property on a established site ,and double check it has the habitation cert . ( you can get this checked at local Belideye ( council ) or look to see √ in the multiyeti box on the present owners TAPU . Too many people have come a cropper buying NEW builds.Good luck.
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 09:48   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 6,754 Times in 2,454 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever property you buy you must value it in the local currency no matter what it is advertised in. The discrepancy in pricing is created by the way sellers list property with multiple agents; the agent asks seller how much they want in their hand, then the agent prices it at the level he thinks he can sell it, and keeps the difference. You are not going to get bargains through agents; you have to do the leg-work yourself and buy direct from the owner to get the best deals. If everything is priced just in foreign currency you should expect to pay more because they are targeting foreigners, not locals. Donīt be shy about making much lower offers if the property is obviously over market price.

Advice to rent first then buy at leisure is sound advice. A small apartment will only cost you 6-8000 TL for a year, and that will give you a base from which to look around.

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to immac For This Useful Post:
pepperkat (20th March 2017)
Old 20th March 2017, 10:14   #5 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,226 Times in 12,886 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

I think I would look to see what members properties are for sale on here for starters.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spurs For This Useful Post:
evo80 (20th March 2017)
Old 20th March 2017, 11:38   #6 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 17,603 Times in 8,882 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of property are looking for Robert & in which area?
Old 20th March 2017, 11:48   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 7,329 Times in 3,011 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Advice to rent first then buy at leisure is sound advice.
I agree.
Then make sure when you do buy you do not part with a single penny until the tapu is in your hand!

Don't believe those who by wealth are sheltered from reality.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 12:44   #8 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,226 Times in 12,886 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

I cant argue with the attitude on renting first, I did it myself. I never rented though for some of the reasons that get posted on here, I rented whilst my property was being built. Knowing what I know now I will point a few things out.

I rented but we were committed to moving to Turkey, if we had found the right property, right location, right paperwork, right price, then I wouldn't have rented. The only way now I would buy off plan would be if I owned the land (we did) & that meaning the whole plot ie not on a potential complex, why? Buying into an off plan puts the buyer in dodgy territory, if the buyer of an individual plot then gets a problem with the builder, the name on the Tapu will still own that land, if you put the Tapu in your builders name.................he owns it, which is how it is on a complex.

There are bargains to be had in Turkey, if you see one, right location, right paperwork, right price AND your truly committed to moving to Turkey then "Go get em Floyd".

Is it racist to strongly recommend that you buy from a Brit or any type of "ist"? :-)

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 12:50   #9 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 4,728 Times in 2,206 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post

Is it racist to strongly recommend that you buy from a Brit or any type of "ist"? :-)
There are also many dodgy Brits. I am not so sure about Turkey as we do not live in a touristic area, but one of the most hated men on TRNC was a Brit who left a lot of people without their life savings and no Tapu to their homes. Dream over.
I would suggest that buying from a British/Western family who are relocating back home for good reasons and have the Tapu and habitation certificate may well be a wise idea.
Old 20th March 2017, 13:00   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,625 Posts
evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute evo80 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Buying A property

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
There are also many dodgy Brits. I am not so sure about Turkey as we do not live in a touristic area, but one of the most hated men on TRNC was a Brit who left a lot of people without their life savings and no Tapu to their homes. Dream over.
I would suggest that buying from a British/Western family who are relocating back home for good reasons and have the Tapu and habitation certificate may well be a wise idea.
I am wondering if person was from the Emerald isle.
evo80 is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
buying , property