Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 12th August 2013, 21:56   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute
Turks attention span

İs it me or do Turks have the attention span of a goldfish. İ have a Hubby ( nice enough chap) and currently two chidren staying one 11 and one 14 and have noticed they all have an incredible short attention span. İs the normal for Turks or am İ just being a complaining old bag.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 12th August 2013, 22:00   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 6,837 Times in 2,471 Posts
arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Turks attention span

not just Turks, it's a 'man' thing! lol (and kids are the same)
Old 12th August 2013, 22:05   #3 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Thanked 1,986 Times in 767 Posts
Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely a man thing! I used to think my lovely husband didn't listen to me but have realised it isn't just me as he frequently say to his grown up children 'you didn't tell me that' when we all know they did!
They can concentrate however when it's something important or interesting to them.
Old 12th August 2013, 22:06   #4 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 10,701 Times in 5,122 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, they actually do have a really short attention span
Last month, we were passing a bar and one called out to me "Hey , my brother, where are you from ?"

I walked over and told him exactly where Tyldesley was and declined his offer of a drink or some food and he lost all interest as I showed him various photos I had with me of historical sites around the area I currently call home, he even made up a pretty lame excuse that his mother had been taken into hospital and he would carry on the conversation the night after in the same spot, but guess what? He lied!! , I went back there and he was nowhere to be seen, Hmm, some "brother" he turned out to be

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ted j For This Useful Post:
Foxes Glove (13th August 2013), Mavisteve (13th August 2013), Sleekit (13th August 2013), willip (13th August 2013)
Old 12th August 2013, 22:07   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 4,441 Times in 1,462 Posts
kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute

The man thing is concentrate when it,s something that has nothing to do with them , then ignore when they should be taking notice
kale is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 22:19   #6 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,156 Times in 10,009 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted j View Post
Last month, we were passing a bar and one called out to me "Hey , my brother, where are you from ?"

I walked over and told him exactly where Tyldesley was and declined his offer of a drink or some food and he lost all interest as I showed him various photos I had with me of historical sites around the area I currently call home, he even made up a pretty lame excuse that his mother had been taken into hospital and he would carry on the conversation the night after in the same spot, but guess what? He lied!! , I went back there and he was nowhere to be seen, Hmm, some "brother" he turned out to be
Priceless Ted,
Mag (12th August 2013), ted j (13th August 2013)
Old 12th August 2013, 22:22   #7 (permalink)

trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold trevoro is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted j View Post

Was it something to do with the fact you said that you would bring the other photo albums
trevoro is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trevoro For This Useful Post:
shirleyanntr (13th August 2013), ted j (13th August 2013)
Old 13th August 2013, 11:28   #8 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 32,899 Times in 15,385 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

I just love it when you say , find the earth wire.... and the Ladies eyes just glaze over and a look of sheer terror supplants her usual physiog , as if you are talking about a gross perversion carried out in men only establishments.

Steve.
Akasya is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 12:07   #9 (permalink)
Bim

Bim has a spectacular aura about Bim has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyazbayan View Post
İs it me or do Turks have the attention span of a goldfish. İ have a Hubby ( nice enough chap) and currently two chidren staying one 11 and one 14 and have noticed they all have an incredible short attention span. İs the normal for Turks or am İ just being a complaining old bag.
Think your being generous- bet when it cones to money they are quite alert!!!
Bim is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bim For This Useful Post:
Yalides (13th August 2013)
Old 13th August 2013, 12:38   #10 (permalink)

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 10,701 Times in 5,122 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I have every praise for the local guys around our villa area.

One of the shopkeepers let me use his shop phone when ours stopped working (think they ended up being blocked after a couple of weeks, but they wouldn't work properly anyway), he also did a lot of translating for me over the phone (it's surprising how quickly the guy who is supposed to come back and finish off setting your pool up forgets how to speak English when you want him to turn up)

Another bar owner gave me loads of advice about pool maintenance and got me some chemicals to save me walking into town and Faruk, from Faruk's bar was a huge help in loads of things offering advice and "how to do it the Turkish way"

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
attention , span , turks