Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > The Turkish Living Times

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2016, 05:55   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 12,336 Times in 4,231 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Foreign landlords, tax obligations.

Foreign landlords in Turkey must file taxes by March 25 - ECONOMICS

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 11th March 2017, 17:18   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 9,787 Times in 3,809 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Foreign landlords, tax obligations.

I spotted this info about new Turkish Renting regulations & obligations which may be of interest to some members.

Blooming heck! they aren't making it any easier to invest there............

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PROPERTY OWNERS

Summary of New Regulations for the Daily rental of houses, villas & apartments.

After the terrorist attacks in Istanbul, the Ministry of Internal Affairs has changed the regulations.

Summary of changes for daily weekly rental properties:

1- The Owner of the property must apply to Police or Jandarma & register the property, as a rental property.

2- After registration, you will be given a password.

3- You will have to buy a dedicated computer program & install it in your computer. The cost of program will be approx, 300 tl per property.

4- After you've installed the program, you have to send the list of people staying in the property between the hours of 24.00 -02.00, to the authorities every day.

5- You must send a (blank) list, even when there is nobody staying in the property on that day.

6- At the end of the season you can apply to Police, Jandarma to suspend your account until the next season.

Attention

If you start renting your Property on daily/weekly basis before applying to the Jandarma, you will be liable to Fines, starting at 10,000 tl.

If you don't send your guest list for one day (even when there is nobody in the property) the fine is 5,000 tl.

If anybody stays as a guest in your property and you don't inform the authority's & don't send the list daily to the them, you will be fined again.

Police will send your accommodation lists to tax office, you have to be careful to keep all documents, receipts for each entry and pay the tax. It's not clear yet if they will tax you under a 'simple tax declaration', or ask an accountant to register you as a business.

These new rules do Not apply to, Long term rental contracts, only short stays.

Last edited by tintagel; 11th March 2017 at 18:15..
tintagel is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tintagel For This Useful Post:
IbrahimAbi (12th March 2017), shash (11th March 2017), teosgirl (12th March 2017)
Old 11th March 2017, 21:08   #3 (permalink)
stuart

stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold stuart is a splendid one to behold

Good as far as am concerned. not much different from what hotels already have to do..
If it had been in place a couple of years ago in Ovacik near Fethiye might have stopped a particularly nasty spate of burglaries when the crooks rented a villa they operated from. the more security the better these days. imo.
stuart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stuart For This Useful Post:
Kingfisher (12th March 2017)
Old 12th March 2017, 11:39   #4 (permalink)

teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
Good as far as am concerned. not much different from what hotels already have to do..
If it had been in place a couple of years ago in Ovacik near Fethiye might have stopped a particularly nasty spate of burglaries when the crooks rented a villa they operated from. the more security the better these days. imo.

If these 'security measures' are so good, why does Turkey continue to have such terrible terror attacks. Which terror attack was prevented (or burglary) because of such regulations?
I work in a hotel in the UK and we don't even ask to see ID, let alone hand any information to the police.

There should be freedom within a country without the governments police force being able to spy on people every minute.
This is just another excuse to do just that...I don't mind paying tax for money earned but this information is surely against peoples privacy rights.

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
tintagel (12th March 2017)
Old 12th March 2017, 11:47   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 3,430 Times in 1,377 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Is this perhaps to do with the airbnb system of short term lettings where people are not declaring income and not paying tax?

From a security perspective, surely the police need to know where to go urgently if there's a serious security incident.

Life has changed for everyone. I think this is part of a general discouraging of short term bolt-holes but I would be very uncomfortable about installing a prog on my personal computer.
Old 12th March 2017, 12:45   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 6,523 Times in 2,328 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

Despite all the high minded reasons given, which may be an excuse to act, I think this is mainly down to making sure they collect as much tax as possible.

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to immac For This Useful Post:
Old 12th March 2017, 13:56   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 4,127 Times in 1,678 Posts
Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute Kingfisher has a reputation beyond repute

I have no issue to showing ID at check-in at hotels. It used to becompulsory in UK and stil is in France and Germany. I don't know why it is no longer obligatory in the UK?
Kingfisher is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 14:05   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 4,634 Times in 1,710 Posts
villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute villabaris1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by immac View Post
Despite all the high minded reasons given, which may be an excuse to act, I think this is mainly down to making sure they collect as much tax as possible.

Ian
Surely nobody is suggesting that expat landlords who are renting their properties out for often £1,000 a week and more aren't paying taxes! I am sure this will just be a small admin issue for them and they will continue to pay their taxes to the authorities.
villabaris1 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to villabaris1 For This Useful Post:
REDDERS (12th March 2017)
Old 12th March 2017, 19:58   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
I have no issue to showing ID at check-in at hotels. It used to becompulsory in UK and stil is in France and Germany. I don't know why it is no longer obligatory in the UK?
I have no idea, I didn't even know it used to be compulsory in the UK. Are you certain it's still compulsory in France and Germany and not just part of the old system protocol?
All I know is that nowadays we simply take a name for the reservation but never ask to see ID.

Charlotte.
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 01:37   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 9,787 Times in 3,809 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosgirl View Post
I have no idea, I didn't even know it used to be compulsory in the UK. Are you certain it's still compulsory in France and Germany and not just part of the old system protocol?
All I know is that nowadays we simply take a name for the reservation but never ask to see ID.

Charlotte.
Hi Charlotte, my own recent experience of booking a hotel room in England is that; Home address, Full name, Contact numbers are requested on initial booking. On arrival, payment in full &/or Credit card details are required for hotel payments & services.

I would add that I have no problem with an accommodation provider (Hotel, B&b etc) securing identity checks.

To my knowledge this information/registration is still required across the EU & in Turkey.

https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/con...ation-business

Tags
foreign , landlords , obligations , tax