FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > Turkish Music

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:25   #1 (permalink)
Shake It Baby...

Thanked 2,243 Times in 863 Posts
ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute
Turkey Eurovision entry

Some info on the Turkish singer and song chosen for this years Eurovision Song Contest in Helsinki. Incidentally, Turkey and Malta are joint favourites to win, but that means nothing in this competition !!

Kenan Doğulu was born on the 31st of May 1972 in Istanbul. He is one of the most popular singers of the Turkish pop industry. He started piano and flute classes from the early age of five having very high scores. He continued his education in drama and rhytmic instruments, and he carried on singing in the children's chorus. Later, he successfully attended "Kultur college" and afterwards he went to USA where he graduated "Hesser College" from the state of New Hampshire. Today, he is preparing to represent Turkey in the Eurovision Song Contest, and is the early pace setter on the 2007 BigPoll, leading Malta by a single point!
In the summer of 2006, Kenan Dogulu released his new album titled Festival which already has a number one single called Cakkıdı, which became a summer hit.

In December 2006, TRT, the Turkish broadcaster has chosen Kenan to represent his country for the Eurovision song contest with the song shake it azekerim which became shake it up shekerim, to make sure that everyone outside Turkey knows how to pronounce the song title. (The title was changed from Shake it up şekerim to Shake it up shekerim to make sure that non-Turkish speaker can pronounce it. 'Şekerim' is Turkish for 'my honey' or 'my sugar')

These are the lyrics of the song:

She smiled at me said Would you like a sweet in love
I know a place where we can Take it nice and slow
I know what you're thinking
Don't stop I need that sweet thing
Telling you now,
this is real

Shake it up şekerim I know what you're feeling
Shake it up şekerim I got what you're needing
Shake it up şekerim Tell me what you're thinking
Shake it up şekerim You're my only sweet thing

She said in a sexy lazy low key Can I make it right?
You put your twist in me I take you through the night
Don't keep me waiting Not sure you're understanding
Just how much I pray for you

All the time I got lots of candy to make you mine
I got lots of candy for you
All the time I got lots of candy to make you mine
I got lots of candy for you

Source ; esctoday.com

It's possibly lost something in the translation

C
ceemac is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 23rd March 2007, 18:41   #2 (permalink)
ade
Non Active Member

ade will become famous soon enough ade will become famous soon enough
Re: Turkey Eurovision entry

blimey ceemac
are you after Terry Wogan's job?
ade is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 18:50   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 1,999 Times in 812 Posts
kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute

Crumbs - that's a very suggestive song, can't wait to hear it and I hope the singer is hot too!!!
By the way what on earth is his 'twist'. Haven't heard it called that before!!!!!!!
kaplumba is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 19:31   #4 (permalink)
Paul&Linda

I confess to being a Eurovision addict. Never missed one since I was a kid. Just love Terrys quips and even the music! I even tape it so I can watch it the next day without my son and husband talking over it and spoiling my sorry little pleasure! I need to get out more!
I will be rooting for Turkey. The British entry is crap.
They might as well stay at home.
send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 19:59   #5 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute

i love the show..mostly because of Terry Wogans comments..he's great.
i hope they win again..this guys real nice..and a good vioce.

and yes..whats a twist..hmmm
shirleyanntr is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 23:39   #6 (permalink)
Shake It Baby...

Thanked 2,243 Times in 863 Posts
ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute ceemac has a reputation beyond repute

He's obviously having to give her loads of sweeties before he gets his twist in her

C
ceemac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 01:44   #7 (permalink)
ade
Non Active Member

ade will become famous soon enough ade will become famous soon enough

I think ceemac is terry wogan. thats it! i am off to do my lemming over the cliff. i did not buy a property in Turkey for them to win the bloody eurovision pong contest.
pahhhh
bring back ozzy, now there's a real singer. anyway off to bed as i am off up the mountains tomorrow, whoops, its today now, night night
ade is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 08:27   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,607 Posts
parrot has disabled reputation

Another political farce,Norway and Sweden,vil,sorry,will vote for each other,Greece and Cyprus will give each other maximum points,Ireland won't give U.K. any points,the Baltic states will vote for each other,Spain,Portugal and Italy will stick together,nobody will vote for France or Germany,'cause they're always crap,and the U.K.will get few points because of jealousy of our world dominance.How anyone can enjoy this is beyond me,and Terry Wogan needs a new syrup.
parrot is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 09:20   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 1,878 Times in 771 Posts
maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute maggie has a reputation beyond repute

i happen to like the english song i think the bit something to suck on sir on landing is quite funnie well i would ha ha lol maggie
Old 24th March 2007, 09:49   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 1,999 Times in 812 Posts
kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute kaplumba has a reputation beyond repute

You can listen to the Turkish entry on Youtube. I like the song and the singer is quite nice but no sign of his twist, (sorry I'm feeling mischievous today). To me he doesn't score quite as high as Tarkan on the 1-10 scale of making my toes curl. Probably a 7.5! Hope he wins.
kaplumba is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
entry , eurovision , turkey