rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Turkish citizenship what about me?
My husband and I have lived here in Turkey for the past 6 years continuously and now with the enormous increase in visa prices my husband has said he is seriously thinking about applying for citizenship. That is fine he is pretty good at languages something which I cannot get my head around so if he is successful where does that leave me? Am I married to a Turk and can apply for citizenship as the wife of a Turk?
I do not think I have ever seen this type of question on the forum so would be interested to know how I would stand.

Even as the wife of a Turk (and I've no idea whether you would be or not) you would have to pass the language requirement of the Citizenship process.

ChrisBobs

Rosewall, why not apply together? ...your husband gets the kudos for having a grasp of the language, and you get points for trying! :)
as see by the many posts about the subject, at the moment there is no 'set test' which may be to your advantage!

go for it!

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Hey Chris it has taken me 6 years to remember half a dozen words so what hope have I?

cweir

I married my Turkish wife in England. We had two daughters, the first was registered at the London Turkish Embassy as a Turkish citizen. We did not bother the register the second daughter as a Turkish citizen until we came over to Turkey some 13 years later. I applied and got citizenship 3 years ago. I had to go to Mugla and be interviewed for my Turkish language. My Turkish was non existant so I did not know much what was said but still they gave me my citizenship. I think it depends on how long you are married for and in my case my children were already citizens.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom