Sara-666

Turkish Citizenship
Hope this is in the right place?

Quick question, is it true that if one person, for example my husband wanted to apply for Turkish Citizenship, then myself and our children would also be expected to apply?

Thanks
Sara

Sara-666

Turkish Citizenship
Hi Beyazbayan, could you tell me what you mean please? He's been here on a residents permit since 2007, never been out of the country for more than 2 weeks a year, is in receipt of a pension.

Sara

Turkish Citizenship
Can he speak and read Turkish? An interview with a panel is conducted in Turkish, and he may also have to read a document or a newspaper. He also has to have a medical.

beyazbayan

Turkish Citizenship
All of the above and İ believe it's less than six weeks in the proceeding five years out of Turkey. You must have a resident permit when you apply with at least 1 - 2 years on it. You have a committee of 5 - 7 people who ask you questions all in Turkish. You have to prove you can fianancially keep yourself and also there is the medical. Plus police checks on you your home and your family. The way they deal with applications can vary a little from area to area and it's always best to check with your local Nufus (that the one in your administrative area) eg Antalya for Alanya -as to their requirements. Also the process can take up to 2 years from the beginning to end
also be aware if your children are male they will become eligible for national service.

Sara-666

Turkish Citizenship
Thanks for the above, although he is fluent in Turkish his reading of the language is not good, it all seems too much hassle for what we want it for to be honest, and too long winded, I thought it would only take 6 months or so, but thankyou for your replies

Sara

louise17

Turkish Citizenship
My English friend had just completed hers in 10 months, she's married to a Turkish guy so I have heard it makes the process easier, she did not have to read any Turkish & yes did have an interview with quite a few men there, her husband was allowed to translate as needed. Seemed to be some running around a few times in Antalya first for the paperwork, then the interview & then waiting for the answer.

beyazbayan

Turkish Citizenship
Lucky her İ was the only one spoken to had seven men asking the questions and my husband (Turkish) was not spoken to at all and was told it was me they would be questioning and as of three days ago it has been 1 year since my interview which was six months after starting the procedure. Two other people here in Alanya have just got theirs 15 months after their interview. İ have never heard that the husband was allowed to translate before and have several friends who have done it. İt certainly hasn't been my experience that being married to a Turk helps a single friend got hers through 3 months ago and she had her interview the same day and although she had several trips to Antalya she didn't have the same level of police interviews we had.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom