Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 1st January 2014, 15:03   #1 (permalink)

Dawn Baydan is on a distinguished road
Visa help please!!!!!!

Hi there.
New member but would really appreciate some advice if possible.
I married my Turkish husband on 10 December in marmaris.
My husband is from Aydin and that is where he lives when I am not visiting him in marmaris. We always stay in marmaris cos my husband works there.
When I left Turkey via Istanbul on 29th December I was advised at passport control that I had overstayed by 1 day. Ie. 91 days over the last 180 allowed days. I have been too and from marmaris several times over the 180 days having to return to the UK for work commitments.

Anyway, I incurred a hefty 295 TL fine for 1 day which I paid immediately.
The visa control officer who dealt with me said that I could not return to turkey for 90 days or I had to apply for residents permit or apply for another visa at consulate office. I did not really understand what he was saying due to the fact that his English was not the best.

Questions:

1. Having searched on here and Google it would appear that a residents permit takes 6-10 weeks - is that correct?
2. I am desperate to return to marmaris to see my husband but will I be turned away at Dalaman if I overstayed before ?
3. We are going to apply for visa for my husband to come to UK in a few months but due to health issues with my husbands parents just not the right time to do it now. So if I return to marmaris before the 90 days referred to by visa officer at Istanbul, will I be turned away?
4. Also, if I am not turned away, can I apply in person (I assume at local police office) for residency permit while I am there? I will only be there for about 10-14 days though cos of work commitments so is there any way of getting permit done quicker than 6-10 weeks so I do not pay hefty fine when I leave again?

Just I am desperate to see my husband and to think I can't return for 3 months is hard.

Not sure if any of this makes sense but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dawn.
Dawn Baydan is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 1st January 2014, 15:14   #2 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visa help please!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Baydan View Post
Hi there.
New member but would really appreciate some advice if possible.
I married my Turkish husband on 10 December in marmaris.
My husband is from Aydin and that is where he lives when I am not visiting him in marmaris. We always stay in marmaris cos my husband works there.
When I left Turkey via Istanbul on 29th December I was advised at passport control that I had overstayed by 1 day. Ie. 91 days over the last 180 allowed days. I have been too and from marmaris several times over the 180 days having to return to the UK for work commitments.

Anyway, I incurred a hefty 295 TL fine for 1 day which I paid immediately.
The visa control officer who dealt with me said that I could not return to turkey for 90 days or I had to apply for residents permit or apply for another visa at consulate office. I did not really understand what he was saying due to the fact that his English was not the best.

Questions:

1. Having searched on here and Google it would appear that a residents permit takes 6-10 weeks - is that correct?
2. I am desperate to return to marmaris to see my husband but will I be turned away at Dalaman if I overstayed before ?
3. We are going to apply for visa for my husband to come to UK in a few months but due to health issues with my husbands parents just not the right time to do it now. So if I return to marmaris before the 90 days referred to by visa officer at Istanbul, will I be turned away?
4. Also, if I am not turned away, can I apply in person (I assume at local police office) for residency permit while I am there? I will only be there for about 10-14 days though cos of work commitments so is there any way of getting permit done quicker than 6-10 weeks so I do not pay hefty fine when I leave again?

Just I am desperate to see my husband and to think I can't return for 3 months is hard.

Not sure if any of this makes sense but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dawn.
Pretty sure you will get all the answers on here, everyone may still be recovering from last night.

Answer to question one: That seems a rather long period to wait for a residency but I know it varies in different areas. Can one be obtained from the Turkish Embassy in London?

Answer to question three: If there is an issue over paperwork ie visa, passport etc, you WILL NOT be let in to Turkey, that I am sure of.

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 16:52   #3 (permalink)

Thanks spurs. Appreciate the help.
Dawn Baydan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 17:02   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 1,185 Times in 308 Posts
Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of Duke has much to be proud of

Dawn I too got fined for an overstay but looking at yours I got off light at Bodrum ... I was 16 days over 263tyls fine!! I think they make it up as they Go along!!! As to your returning personal I would WAIT!!! Else your going to cause yourself un necessary aggro !! Wait the 90 days then as so as you arrive take all the relevant documents including 5 passport snaps copies of passport plus your latest visa stamp then I'm sure your hubby can deal with any other unforeseen problems ... As to getting him a visa for permanent stay in UK ??? Good luck but be prepared for huge disappointment !! Nota. Popular topic just now as I'm sure your aware!! Good luck girl!!! Once your 90 days have elapsed go on line & apply for the E-Visa I think it works out at about £12:50 got a 90 day in 180 day again!! However your new visa will last 12 months then every year you will need apply again etc etc..
Duke
Old 1st January 2014, 17:08   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Duke. I understand what you are saying and appreciate it. Just can't stand the thought of not seeing him for 90 days.
Dawn Baydan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 17:23   #6 (permalink)
Spurs

Thanked 30,614 Times in 13,090 Posts
Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute Spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Baydan View Post
Thanks Duke. I understand what you are saying and appreciate it. Just can't stand the thought of not seeing him for 90 days.
You may think different once you have been married for 30 years. Good things are worth waiting for, take Dukes advice, do your time

NO STRANGER TO DANGER
Spurs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 18:03   #7 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Thanked 1,543 Times in 640 Posts
Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future

I think the reason he said you needed to wait 90 days is that you may be caught out by the 'count back' system they now use. We always thought that when your 180 days were finished you could start again with a new visa but this isn't the case. as it depends where in the 180 days your 90 days in Turkey were. It's explained in this article.
Obtaining a visa to enter Turkey as a visitor · Kalkan Turkey · Kalkan Weather · Kalkan Information · Kalkan Map · Kalkan Turkish Local News
richbake (4th January 2014)
Old 1st January 2014, 18:39   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 1,953 Times in 945 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

The way i read your post Dawn,you have been banned from Turkey for 90 days & handed a fine.My understanding is that after the ban has finished you have to apply for a visa to come back via the embassy in your home country. I would go for the passport visa rather than apply for Residence Permit,then get your permit here as soon as you arrive. I know it seems silly to do it this way but there have been instances where the R.P. issued outside of Turkey for some reason has not been recognised by Border control in Turkey.I know no more than that i'm afraid.
If you do buy an e visa online & try to come back before the end of your ban,you will be turned around pronto back to your home country & probably fined & also given a longer ban.

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 21:20   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

Also a site which may help you is Turkish love it is a site for women married or involved with Turkish men and is a mine of useful information on visa etc Re hubby to Uk very difficult lots of hoops to jump through. Ring the Turkish Embassy to find out the deal re your overstay and you can also ring the Brit Embassy in Antalya the number is 0090 242 2432096 opens 10 am remember time difference that's 8 am Uk time. Ask for Jane Barr who is the consul and very helpful. Good Luck and keep us informed.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2014, 21:38   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 7,600 Times in 3,155 Posts
juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute juco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it sounds like the roll back system.
Dawn if you give me the dates for the last 6 months I will work it out for you and see if it agrees with what they told you.

Don't believe those who by wealth are sheltered from reality.
juco is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
visa