Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 20th February 2014, 09:00   #1 (permalink)

jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold
Turkish Citizenship

Hi there, just wondered if anybody who has gained Turkish Citizenship knows whether you need to have a reading and writing certificate. Many thanks.
jakebeak is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 20th February 2014, 09:27   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 12,355 Times in 4,234 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Turkish Citizenship

Do you mean a Turkish reading/writing comprehension certificate of some kind? If so, then no.
The only kind of test you have is during your interview, during which they gage your ability to understand and speak Turkish. I've heard this is all but a formality for someone married to a Turk though, so don't panic if your Turkish is not past the beginner conversation stage.

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2014, 16:31   #3 (permalink)

jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Turkish Citizenship

Hi Teogirl, thanks for replying. I've got a good a level of spoken and a reasonably good level of written Turkish so hopefully I'll be okay. I'm not married to a Turk so I haven't got that advantage. We'll see what happens when we go for it.
jakebeak is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 09:56   #4 (permalink)

Bigeye2k is on a distinguished road

Had my interview in the end of January and it was very easy. Don't sweat it.
Bigeye2k is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 11:05   #5 (permalink)

teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute

jakebeak,

I'm sure you'll be fine.
On the day of my interview there was a British couple waiting in front of me. An official came out of the interview room and called their names, the woman seemed flustered because her husband had just popped to the car to fetch their passports. All she could manage to say was 'araba'. I felt really bad for her, but they were taken in together, and came out looking relatively calm.

Good luck,

Charlotte
Old 26th March 2014, 12:25   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

My interview in Antalya was seven men Hubby and me. They spoke only to me ignoring hubby , obviously in Turkish there was no reading test. İ did not find it easy and in fact found it very intimidating. İ have heard various reports so do not know what other areas expect.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 12:54   #7 (permalink)

I had my interview in Izmir, a few years ago now, but my husband wasn't allowed in with me. There was one woman and 5 men attending my interview, they offered me lokum and asked questions such as "How I met my husband, where we live now, if we have kids etc. When I mentioned that we met in Northern Cyprus one of the men said "oh I've been there, lovely place" and a couple of others started asking HIM questions about the Island, and started a discussion about how nice the Island is.
This chat lasted about 10 minutes and after that they called my husband in.

All very friendly and simple, but I've heard it varies from region to region, and even month to month! I guess it depends if you catch them on a good day or not.

BTW, I didn't accept the Lokum, I didn't want something chewy in my mouth while I was trying to answer questions.

Charlotte
Old 2nd April 2014, 13:17   #8 (permalink)

sunnyliving is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes from 'interview' to decision being made on citizenship?

I have heard that the police or equivalent visit you at home address?

Also, upon submitting my documents last week at the end he asked for my birth certificate as obv our parents names are not on passport.

I handed in the 'certified copy' that I used for our marriage papers. He started going on about it being apostille stamped etc etc. My original certificate which I also have given from hospital is very short and does not actually include either parents names!

The certificate I had to pay for from registrar was good enough to get married so I dont understand what they want from me!

Can I not just get the certificate I have translated?? Im angry at the thought of paying an extra 65GBP plus travel costs plus aggro of going to consulate to get a certificate I already have!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
sunnyliving is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:24   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they always request a full copy which must be translated by an official translator and stamped by an advocate then authorised by the British authorities used to be by the embassy here but believe this has now changed and you have to send it to Milton Keynes but ring the consul for their advice as things can and do change without warning. Re submission of papers to interview in Antalya which is busy it usually takes from three to 12 months, then anything from 1.5 to 2 years normally as they now do international checks on applicants. Also according to region you will have police checks and these can be anything from one to three without an appointment being made they will also interview your neighbours and sometimes your husband (if he's a Turk family) . It is not a quick or straight forward process.

The documents must legalıze by the FOREIGN&COMMONWEALTH OFFICE THE LEGALISATION OFFICE THE FOREIGN AND COMMONWEALTH OFFICE NORFOLK HOUSE (West) 437 SILBURY BOULEVARD MILTON... site is Gov.uk. Scroll through and you will find what you want.

Chek with them as said above all can change at any time.

Last edited by beyazbayan; 2nd April 2014 at 15:39.. Reason: addition
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:09   #10 (permalink)

Yes you do need to get the birth certificate apostillised in the UK. It costs 30 per document plus postal costs. This is normal and part of the application process. The list of things you have to do should have been given to you by the relevant Nufus Ofisi. You will need to order the long form of your birth certificate which has your parents' names on it, which you can do through the GRO - General Registry Office in the UK. Their website is available on the Internet. This costs some money and you can arrange for them to send it directly to the F&C Office in Milton Keynes for apostillisation. Best of luck! I hope I've helped you.
jakebeak is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
citizenship , turkish