Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 15th May 2014, 17:57   #1 (permalink)
Non Active Member

jackfatih has a spectacular aura about jackfatih has a spectacular aura about
Travel ınsurance for famıly vısıtor

Does anyone know wıth all the changes recently wıth vısa etc whether ıt ıs copulsory to take out a travel medıcal ınsurance for a famıly vısıt of 5 days. ın the past my son has never bothered but wondered ıf thıs ıs a must now.
jackfatih is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 15th May 2014, 18:23   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 1,269 Times in 833 Posts
Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of Chinook has much to be proud of
Re: Travel ınsurance for famıly vısıtor

No but you are daft if you dont. Its only a few pounds for 5 days for total piece of mind
Chinook is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 18:27   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 20,479 Times in 10,356 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfatih View Post
Does anyone know wıth all the changes recently wıth vısa etc whether ıt ıs copulsory to take out a travel medıcal ınsurance for a famıly vısıt of 5 days. ın the past my son has never bothered but wondered ıf thıs ıs a must now.
Why in gods name would anyone be so dumb to travel abroad on holiday with no insurance cover??????

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 18:27   #4 (permalink)

paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of

I presume this is for travel from the UK to Turkey.

In my opinion anyone going abroad from the UK is an idiot if they don't take out travel insurance as any medical costs will be high especially if you are involved in an accident. I dread to think of what the cost of an air ammbulance would be.
The cost of holiday insurance is cheap.

Sue

A Dog Is For Life Not Just For Christmas
paddington bear is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 19:01   #5 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Thanked 1,551 Times in 645 Posts
Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future

Sometimes people think they won't get ill if they are only away for 5 days and if they do they will manage until they get back. but that's not so appendicitis for example can come on very quickly. Also you may have an accident and be seriously hurt. Why would anyone risk having crippling medical bills for the want of a few pounds for insurance.
Old 15th May 2014, 19:05   #6 (permalink)
20 - 12 - 3

Thanked 20,031 Times in 8,649 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of ours paid around 22000 for an air ambulance, don't take the risk.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 19:27   #7 (permalink)

SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of SAMIMI has much to be proud of

We had a medical emergency here in Turkey recently, all we kept hearing was "have you got insurance? have you got Insurance??, again and again. We were lucky we have insurance. Please don't take a chance, you can feel fine all the time with wonderful health and suddenly out of the blue, something can happen........better to have peace of mind.
Old 15th May 2014, 19:35   #8 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 4,102 Times in 2,368 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation

I will admit I used to be one of those that never bothered with travel insurance, but for some reason I finally succumbed to the thought that if anything did happen then I could quite well see all my 'very hard earned cash' having to be use on maybe just one instant, gone in a flash and all for the sake of trying to save maybe about 20.

For anyone with pre-existing ailments.
Don't forget to declare them, or else the 'whole' of the policy could become invalid should they/you need to make a claim.

All that happens is the declared ailments will usually not be covered, but you will be covered should anything else arise or happen.

Even people on this forum have said about family members/friends that suffer from heart problems have still found cover at reasonable rates.

Here's a list of medical charges, old it maybe, but hopefully show people just what they might be letting themselves into without having cover.
http://www.saglik.gov.tr/SaglikTuriz...overs-he-.html

List of Holiday, Travel and Property Insurance companies

Last edited by oldfogy; 15th May 2014 at 19:41..
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
jackfatih (15th May 2014)
Old 15th May 2014, 20:06   #9 (permalink)
Non Active Member

jackfatih has a spectacular aura about jackfatih has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everyone for respondıng but ı dıdnt quıt make ıt clear ın my thread. my son has a prıvate medıcal ınsurance wıth hıs mortgage and assumed thıs would also cover hı abroad. ı told hım about the recent changes to rp and vısa here and suggested hı should take out a cheap travel ınsurance just ın case as ı dont know what hıs other ınsurance covers. lıke you saıd for the sake of a fıver ıts peace of mınd. But wıth all the changes aybe the hospıtals here may get choosy on these.
jackfatih is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 20:19   #10 (permalink)

paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfatih View Post
Thanks everyone for respondıng but ı dıdnt quıt make ıt clear ın my thread. my son has a prıvate medıcal ınsurance wıth hıs mortgage and assumed thıs would also cover hı abroad. ı told hım about the recent changes to rp and vısa here and suggested hı should take out a cheap travel ınsurance just ın case as ı dont know what hıs other ınsurance covers. lıke you saıd for the sake of a fıver ıts peace of mınd. But wıth all the changes aybe the hospıtals here may get choosy on these.
Medical insurance with your mortgage has nothing whatsoever to do with travel insurance, for gods sake for the sake of a few pounds take out travel insurance. I cannot understand your comment that the hospitals here may get choosy.
Sue

A Dog Is For Life Not Just For Christmas
paddington bear is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paddington bear For This Useful Post:
saoirse (15th May 2014)

Tags
ınsurance , famıly , travel , vısıtor