Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 5th September 2014, 13:11   #1 (permalink)

jayseadee is on a distinguished road
Residency renewal - more questions!

I'd be grateful for answers to the following.......

1. Friends who have residency and have bought a car are contemplating not re-applying for residency but coming in and out on E-visas. Does this work if you own your car or do you have to have residency to get tax/MOT/insurance?

2. In this connection, is your ID number (99.....) linked to residency or is it just an unrelated ID that can be used to get car tax/MOT/insurance in lieu of a residence permit.

3. If it takes up to three months to receive your residence permit, I understand that you can get a letter/receipt which allows you to leave Turkey for not more than 15 days. If you have to leave for more than 15 days, is it OK to just come back in on an E-visa, pick up your residence permit and carry on?

Thanks!
jayseadee is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 5th September 2014, 17:55   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Residency renewal - more questions!

The papers you get from the polis run form the date of your application to the date of its expiration therefore can be used just the same way as an İkamet.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 21:57   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 1,953 Times in 945 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseadee View Post
I'd be grateful for answers to the following.......

1. Friends who have residency and have bought a car are contemplating not re-applying for residency but coming in and out on E-visas. Does this work if you own your car or do you have to have residency to get tax/MOT/insurance?

2. In this connection, is your ID number (99.....) linked to residency or is it just an unrelated ID that can be used to get car tax/MOT/insurance in lieu of a residence permit.

3. If it takes up to three months to receive your residence permit, I understand that you can get a letter/receipt which allows you to leave Turkey for not more than 15 days. If you have to leave for more than 15 days, is it OK to just come back in on an E-visa, pick up your residence permit and carry on?

Thanks!
1..You do need a valid RP to buy & sell a car/scooter. I have never been asked to show my RP to insure ,tax or mot my scooter. If anything only the insurance broker may ask for your passport & kimlik no. [ 99****].
2.. your kimlik no. is issued from your first RP & stays with you whether you have a valid RP or not.
3..If you need to be out for more than 15 days,leave on the letter & return with an evisa. The GDMM actually stated this in a memo 2 months ago.

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to REDDERS For This Useful Post:
AndrewandSue (6th September 2014), mollag (6th September 2014)
Old 6th September 2014, 05:38   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 13,956 Times in 5,665 Posts
mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Martin, while you are doing nothing! , will be flogging our car at the end of the month to Yabancis, any major changes or pitfalls to expect ? I recall, I think, you know of a good agent who could assist.

Cheers Boss!
mollag is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 07:29   #5 (permalink)

beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute

No need whatsoever for an e visa see my post. İ have left and returned and stayed out longer than 15 days. The polis papers cover the same period as that of the İkamet you have applied for and can be used anytime over that period.
Old 6th September 2014, 10:04   #6 (permalink)

jayseadee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDERS View Post
1.. The GDMM actually stated this in a memo 2 months ago.
Thanks, Redders, this is everything I needed. Where do you find the GDMM memos and translation?
jayseadee is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 20:10   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 1,953 Times in 945 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

Jayseadee,all the info is on my Facebook 'Doc Martins Surgery' page,feel free to join please.

Beyazbayan,maybe you or someone you know was able to return without an evisa,but i only state information supplied to me from official offices of the GDMM or the British Embassy.

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..

Last edited by REDDERS; 6th September 2014 at 20:13..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to REDDERS For This Useful Post:
culturevulture (8th September 2014)
Old 7th September 2014, 06:36   #8 (permalink)

Not me only but anyone who has applied for an İkamet renewal can go to the police take their receipt a photograph and same day or next day the polis will have prepared papers which will allow you to leave and return for as long as you like and will carry the same dates as the İkamet applied for. Some polis ask to see copies of your flight ticket others don't. İ am not the only person who has used these documents here in this region dozens have used them. The polis at the airport told me they get dozens of these papers every day ( that was Antalya)

Last edited by beyazbayan; 7th September 2014 at 13:06..
Old 7th September 2014, 07:02   #9 (permalink)

ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold ChristineP is a splendid one to behold

..and the British Embassy are always so up-to-date with their information - surely they couldn't have got it wrong???
Kara_bag_lady (7th September 2014), Kingfisher (7th September 2014)
Old 7th September 2014, 13:08   #10 (permalink)

What British consul try the Antalya number and get a recorded message if you get any answer at all. Friend got a recorded message re-directing her to Portugal last week.
The Following User Says Thank You to beyazbayan For This Useful Post:
puddd4 (7th September 2014)

Tags
questions , renewal , residency