Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 23rd October 2014, 10:03   #1 (permalink)

AndyIST is on a distinguished road
Couple of residence permit renewal questions

Hi guys

My RP is expires 31/12/2014 and I have a couple of questions about renewing it as I've seen all kinds of new info mentioned about RPs.

I had a 2 year RP from 01/01/2012 - 01/01/2014. In November 2013 we updated the RP as I got married (to a Turkish citizen) and had changed my address. We then renewed the RP in December 2013 as it was due to expire and they then only gave me a one year extension until 31/12/2014.

I've moved again (in July) and need to update my address in my RP before actually renewing the RP (so I'm told). When we moved I checked for the first apointment at the ilce where I now live and the earliest appointment was the end of November! So, I plan to go in November to have the address change made then apply for my renewal once done. I've just checked now to get a date to make my renewal and the only dates showing at the moment are the end of December and they are all booked. When the next appointment dates are published, they're going to be in January (or even later) meaning my RP would have expired and I'm not sure what to do now. Is this going to have repurcussions for my 3 year wait after marriage for citizenship?

The kick in the teeth is that the ilce where my RP is registered to has lots of empty slots available. If I can't get an appointment at the new ilce before I make the address change I did think about cancelling the address change appointment and just renewing the RP at the previous ilce then make the address change at the new ilce, but worried I may get in trouble.

As I have an appointment for the address change next month, could I just go there and do the change and renewal at the same time? I was told in the ilce in my previous area that first the address change had to be made, then you had to make another appointment for the renewal. I should have made the renewal appointment when I checked in July and saw how long I'd have to wait but stupidly didn't think to.

I currently have the little blue book RP. Once I've renewed my RP, will they be sending me a card of some sort?

When it comes to the health insurance required for a RP, we already have private insurance that we took out a few months ago. It's valid for one year and that means that it won't cover the entire period of my next RP. Will that be an issue? We plan to renew when the policy is due for renewal but there's nothing we can do about that now.

I've also seen somewhere someone mentioned about a Turkish course certificate required when they did their RP application.

I'm in Istanbul by the way.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by AndyIST; 23rd October 2014 at 10:47..
AndyIST is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:32   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 3,853 Times in 1,594 Posts
beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute beyazbayan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Couple of residence permit renewal questions

İ renewed mine for two years and used SGK not sure how you will go on re insurance. İ would renew then worry about address change. As they now do not allow any days of grace after expiry and several people have been fined. Re the language qualification İ do not believe anyone has been asked for that for a RP/İkamet feel it was confusion with the Kimlik. Re your Kimlik don't rush after your three years it will take almost as long again to get and with all the new rules for İkamet and Kimlik being introduced the new application are on the back burner.
beyazbayan is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beyazbayan For This Useful Post:
AndyIST (23rd October 2014)
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:21   #3 (permalink)

AndyIST is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply.

So even though the appointent is for an address change, I should be OK renewing instead? Problem is, on the appointment I've booked it clearly states RP address change on the form (İKAMET ADRESİ DEĞİŞİKLİĞİ).
AndyIST is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2014, 16:26   #4 (permalink)

jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold jakebeak is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Couple of residence permit renewal questions

I would definitely renew your Ikamet and worry about address changes later. As to the health insurance. We had a few weeks remaining on ours when we renewed and were told that it would not be valid and we had to renew it immediately.

As to the Turkish language course and certificate, this is a new requirement and we had to produce evidence we had attended and passed a course in Turkey. There is no confusion for me between the Kimlik (citizenship application) and renewal of the residency permit (Ikamet). In my town a new group of British people are taking a beginners Turkish course now and 30 other people took a two and half month beginners course in the summer. The level required is basic and you have to pass an exam in order to show evidence of language ability to live here. For citizenship you need a very good level of spoken Turkish and be able to converse with a big group of officials. You also have to have attended and passed an exam in reading and writing Turkish as part of the citizenship application.

The requirements for renewal of the Ikamet are new and only came out in September of this year in Didim. Please see my post regarding renewal of Ikamet were I have actually posted a copy of the requirements. I don't know if other towns or cities are doing the same thing as these things seem to be rolled out at different rates. This is just our experience of renewal.

Good luck with it all!
jakebeak is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakebeak For This Useful Post:
AndyIST (23rd October 2014), MiddleEarth (24th October 2014)
Old 24th October 2014, 11:29   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 1,804 Times in 808 Posts
Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future

What !!!!!

Are they now requiring Resident Permit holders to pass a language course as well or did I read that wrong?

If that's the case it's just bizarre. We have to jump through enough hoops as it is.

I feel your plight AndyIST, you are trying to comply with the rules but are forced to consider a "workaround" solution because they cannot provide you with an appointment in a timely manner.

A simple thing like change of address should be able to be done by post at minimum and if they can process 30 odd million Tourist Visas a year on line why can't they provide similar for change of address, this is supposed to be the 21st century for goodness sake.
howardian (24th October 2014)
Old 24th October 2014, 11:51   #6 (permalink)

Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold Neil_Denizli is a splendid one to behold

Once you have actually applied for an appointment you aren't considered an overstay so there's no fine. Either way, it won't be considered an interruption and you will satisfy the conditions for a passport without issue when the time comes.

In a similar position here, except mine ran out on 6 October while I was outside Turkey (2 years done, 1 year till 3 years married and will apply for citizenship) and I am back in on a Tourist Visa to avoid the fine. Will go to Emniyet Mudurlugu next week, but not really worrying about it ... I think we are lucky here in Denizli as there are so few foreigners they actually treat us well and the Yabancilar Subesi is not backlogged with 1000s of RPs. There are some advantages to living in Turkey's biggest village.

Changing address is simple now - just do it at the Nufus office and it's sorted. No need to update the blue book at all, it's all centralised. Keep the slip of paper with the new address )I stapled mine in the RP itself) and you've nothing to worry about.

Neil

Tags
couple , permit , questions , renewal , residence