Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > Turkish Moves > Ask A Turkey Related Question > Turkish Visa's and permits

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2014, 11:44   #1 (permalink)

TurkInDenmark will become famous soon enough
Volunteering in Turkey - Visa - The money question

Hey fellas.

So my plan is to volunteer in Turkey beginning probably from march or april, and definately for more than 3 months.
I will need a tourist visa. Last time i stayed in Turkey, I had to show that I had money to support myself,
I don't remember the exact amount, but it was high.

My question is this: Are there other ways to show that I can support myself?
I'm doing this while I'm continuing my studies at Copenhagen University, studying by myself long distance.
In Denmark we get financial support from the government, and I've printed my support-plan, that proves that
I will receive around 1800 euros every month in 2015. Can this paper go as documentation for my ability to support myself?
And how much will it cost to get a visa?

I hope some one knows, thanks beforehand!
TurkInDenmark is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 20th December 2014, 13:40   #2 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Thanked 1,553 Times in 646 Posts
Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future Kalkan regular has a brilliant future
Re: Volunteering in Turkey - Visa - The money question

Think you might have a problem staying more than 3 months as visas are now only valid for any 90 days out of 180 days unless the rules are different for people from Denmark.
Old 20th December 2014, 14:13   #3 (permalink)
Just passing through

Thanked 4,145 Times in 2,395 Posts
oldfogy has disabled reputation

You also need to check if and what type of work permit you will need.

Volunteering, whether paid or unpaid is still working.
oldfogy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldfogy For This Useful Post:
Yildez Datca (22nd December 2014)
Old 20th December 2014, 15:46   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 7,713 Times in 2,854 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute

OF is right, you can´t just roll up and do voluntary work. People doing just that have been deported and refused re-entry for years.

What area of voluntary work did you want to be involved in?

Ian
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to immac For This Useful Post:
stuart (20th December 2014)
Old 20th December 2014, 16:17   #5 (permalink)

@Kalkan Regular,

I'm almost 100 % sure I can get a tourist visa up to a year. It was like that last year.

@Oldfogy and immac

Really? Are you sure about that? That surprises me alot, I was even at the Turkish embassy and told them I wanted to volunteer. Maybe they didnt register that. I'll have to contact them again this monday.

I'm planning to find some organic farm in the Mugla area, and do whatever they need done.
TurkInDenmark is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 16:39   #6 (permalink)
“Je suis l'humanité.”

Thanked 15,284 Times in 6,059 Posts
bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute bal canavar has a reputation beyond repute

Have you not thought about the Erasmus scheme it works for both Turkish students and European . I have put a two Student links one Turkish but in English and the other is in English which might help as it explains the visa situation you being a student.

ICEP burs vakf? work and travel aupair ve dil okullar?.

Internships and Placements in Turkey: advice on work experience

I hope it might help if this is the type of thing your looking for .
bal canavar is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 17:20   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 1,804 Times in 808 Posts
Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future

Visa Information For Foreigners

• As of April 17, 2013, electronic visa (e-Visa) replaces “sticker visa” which was issued at the border crossings. Applicants just need to log on to www.evisa.gov.tr , provide the requested information, (after the application is approved) make online payment and download their e-Visa.

• Please note that e-visa is only valid when the purpose of travel is tourism or commerce. Other purposes, such as work and study, require regular visa given by Embassies or Consulates.

• If you have a valid visa, you do not need a residence permit up to 90 days. On the other hand, foreigners who shall reside, work or study in Turkey, should register themselves at the nearest local police department upon their arrival in Turkey, regardless of the validity of their visa.

• Information on Work Visa: To work in Turkey, you must apply to the nearest Turkish mission to obtain work permit and visa. Your passport, visa application form and a letter from your employer are the necessary documents for your application. Other documents should be submitted to the Turkish Ministry of Labour and Social Security (MLSS) by your employer within ten working days after your application.

Denmark: Ordinary and official passport holders are exempted from visa for their travels up to 90 days.
Visa Information For Foreigners / Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs

So you do not need a visa but your max stay can only be 90 days and you are not allowed to work, even voluntary.
Of course I doubt any Turkish farmer is going to turn down the offer of free labour.

As a tourist you would not normally be asked to provide proof you can support yourself financially.

To stay longer than 90 days you would have to apply for a Residence Permit or Work Permit while you are here. Unfortunately that would mean a degree of red tape and providing proof of income, an acceptable accommodation, full medical insurance to cover the period of the R.P. and the required fees. You could get a R.P. for up to 12 months, which would be in addition to the 90 days allowed as a Tourist. The R.P. does not give you the right to work so you would still have that problem.

Work permits are as rare as rocking horse poo but not impossible. They are expensive for the employer so it is unlikely any farmer is going to back you for just a few months work.

I don't doubt you would be able to find a farmer to accept your generous offer of voluntary labour and would keep quiet about it, but you would run a risk.
pipermam (23rd December 2014)
Old 20th December 2014, 17:29   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 1,804 Times in 808 Posts
Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future Akbuk Rob has a brilliant future

Hang on a minute . . . . I think I misread your post.

Are You Danish or Turkish? Your username is TurkInDenmark.
If you are Turkish that would be a different ball game.
Old 20th December 2014, 20:03   #9 (permalink)

@ Akbuk_Rob

I'm a Danish citizen. A law in Denmark has just been passed in Denmark, which allow people to have dual citizenship. The law starts in nine months, so then I can be half turkish half danish.

I'm aware of the situation regarding visa, I dont need one for 90 days. What I meant initially was residence permit.

My question is, do I need to show alot of money on a bank account, or is it enough too show them my paper that prooves I get money from the Danish government every month for studying?
Old 20th December 2014, 20:04   #10 (permalink)

@Bal_Canavar

Thanks for the links. It's too late for me to apply for an erasmus exchange for the coming semester. But I'm def. gonna apply for the semester after that!

Tags
money , question , turkey , visa , volunteering