Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 14th January 2015, 11:44   #1 (permalink)

cazandkeith is on a distinguished road
Angry Renewing Ikamet

Hi All, a friend of mine is due to renew her ikamet (mines not till June things could change by then) in Alanya has anybody done this lately??? she is over 65 so I believe she won't need health insurance, what documents does she need,??? she rents her apartment any advice greatly received thanks in advance ,
cazandkeith is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 14th January 2015, 13:52   #2 (permalink)
Days On The Beach in Side

Thanked 1,322 Times in 707 Posts
angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of
re: Renewing Ikamet

She will need a copy of her English pension translated and notarised - 4 x passport sized photos - a copy of her passport with the picture page and the last date of entry on one photo copıed page - a copy of her Turkish bank details - a copy of her DASK Earthquake Insurance. İf she has been here 8 years she could apply for the indefınıte residency permıt but they you would also need to go to the court and get a copy of your crımınal record - for that you would need to take the passport and current resıdency permıt that shows your parents names on ıt. Phew! I am half way through doing mıne ın Sıde and will be finished tomorrow hopefully. Anythıng new - I wıll let you know then -
angelaturkey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 14:53   #3 (permalink)

Re: Renewing Ikamet

thank you this is very helpful she is renting so don't think she will need Dask proven or will she have to get a copy off her landlord???? would you keep us opdated ??? thank you xxxx
cazandkeith is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 06:23   #4 (permalink)
k9jack

k9jack will become famous soon enough

Hi, Over 65s do not need health Insurance.
k9jack is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 06:36   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 6,604 Times in 2,789 Posts
suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute

When I renewed my RP I didn't have to show a bank statement as my translated pension letter showed it covered the monthly amount they required. Also because I rent I didn't need to show them the Dask certificate. However, rules of requirements seem to differ depending on where one applies. Where will your friend be applying for their RP?

Last edited by suzyq; 15th January 2015 at 06:52.. Reason: spelling
suzyq is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 06:46   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 12,355 Times in 4,234 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelaturkey View Post
She will need a copy of her English pension translated and notarised - 4 x passport sized photos - a copy of her passport with the picture page and the last date of entry on one photo copıed page - a copy of her Turkish bank details - a copy of her DASK Earthquake Insurance. İf she has been here 8 years she could apply for the indefınıte residency permıt but they you would also need to go to the court and get a copy of your crımınal record - for that you would need to take the passport and current resıdency permıt that shows your parents names on ıt. Phew! I am half way through doing mıne ın Sıde and will be finished tomorrow hopefully. Anythıng new - I wıll let you know then -
Yes, if she has been here 8 years, but if she has spent more than 6 months out of the country in any one year (or one full year in that 8 year period) she will not be entitled.
Also, if you spend 6 months or more outside of Turkey your residency will be cancelled, and if you spend 1 year or more outside of Turkey when you have permanent residency, again it will be cancelled.

I thought this link might be useful, and even though it's old it still seems up-to-date:

New Turkish residency laws starting 2014 - an update Kalkan Turkey Kalkan Weather Kalkan Information Kalkan Map Kalkan Turkish Local News

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 07:53   #7 (permalink)

paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of paddington bear has much to be proud of

Just to say we renewed our permits in August last year in Manavgat and I got copies of our English bank statements showing pensions going in and we were not asked for them. They were happy with a copy of our Turkish savings account.

Sue

A Dog Is For Life Not Just For Christmas
paddington bear is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 08:33   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyq View Post
When I renewed my RP I didn't have to show a bank statement as my translated pension letter showed it covered the monthly amount they required. Also because I rent I didn't need to show them the Dask certificate. However, rules of requirements seem to differ depending on where one applies. Where will your friend be applying for their RP?
she will be applying in Alanya, thanks for all the information , did you have to get your rental agreement notorised ???
cazandkeith is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 13:07   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 6,604 Times in 2,789 Posts
suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute

No, just showed the original rental agreement and gave them a photocopy but that was in Izmir. I believe some areas do ask for them to be notorised, it's probably better to go and check with the police who will be dealing with it before hand.
suzyq is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 20:06   #10 (permalink)
Days On The Beach in Side

Thanked 1,322 Times in 707 Posts
angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of angelaturkey has much to be proud of

I dıd my resıdency permıt today - ıt took 6.5 hours and I was utterly exhausted after goıng up and down steps to the government departments all day - thought I had flu as I had heavy eyelıds and a tıckle ın my throat - so I took a Lemsıp and went to bed for 4 hours and now feel as good as raın.

They wıll not give an ındefınıte resıdency permıt now after 8 years as Ankara has a problem wıth all the new systems apparently - they say hopefully next year - so I could only get one year.

Yes you do need your earthquake ınsurance from your landlord ıf you are rentıng and also the rental agreement does need to be translated and notorısed - but they suggest you ask for a 5 year agreement to save doıng thıs tıme and tıme agaın.

You need to pay 204 TL to the tax offıce - - 55 TL to another government buıldıng ın Manavgat for the blue book - - 7.2 TL to Zırat bank for the Tapu.

If you have Turkısh health ınsurance then you don,t need to show your pensıon detaıls at all - - dıtto ıf you don,t have ıt then you do need a pensıon letter translated and notorısed.
angelaturkey is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
ikamet , ikamte , renewing