Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 21st June 2015, 15:03   #1 (permalink)
istanbulK

istanbulkitty is on a distinguished road
Visa to Uk for turkish citizen

Hey all, probably wrong topic to post on. I'm looking for some info regarding a turkish citizen applying for a visa to live in uk.
We are wanting to set up life in uk after we marry, i know what we legally need but I'm struggling with any other relevant information.
Has anyone on the site been able to find this information and where did you find it? I know there are a few pages on Facebook however I am not on Facebook.
We are considering getting a lawyer but don't want the unnecessary cost if we could avoid.
Thanks in advance!

Kitty x
istanbulkitty is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 22nd June 2015, 07:39   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,093 Posts
Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Visa to Uk for turkish citizen

You don't need a lawyer, you need money. It's a very expensive and time consuming process, and the UK spouse needs to be earning an annual minimum of 18,000 without Benefits - may actually be more now. Google UK Visa for all the details.
Yildez Datca is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2015, 08:46   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 12,355 Times in 4,234 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who has experienced both living in Turkey and living in the UK with my Turkish spouse, I would say think very long and hard about it.
What does your spouse currently do? Good jobs are not easy to find in the UK, and Turkish men with qualifications and a career may feel undervalued suddenly becoming a washer-upper in the local kebab shop. Unless your husband can read and write like a native he'll most likely be stuck doing menial work. How you will support yourself and how your spouse will adapt to living in Britain are the main factors to consider, and need serious consideration. My husband found it difficult to accept the low pay and lack of job satisfaction, he wasn't happy, so we returned to Turkey. To be honest I'm so glad we did - we're business owners, he's in property development and real estate and we have a much better standard of living. 13 years later I look back on our 3 years in the UK and see how much of a struggle it was.

As Yildez says, YOU need to be residing in the UK and earning more than 18,000 pounds a year for your husband to even be considered. Which means you'll need to get married, go home and get a job and set up a life, before you even apply. The process can take months; I personally know 2 ladies who are struggling to meet the criteria and have been separated for more than 6 months already. It is a huge stress on a relationship, and after all that work, you will be supporting your husband and he may not even adapt to life in Britain.

My only advice is think long and hard, it works for some couples but the work involved in the process may not be worth the risk if you haven't considered all the pros and cons.

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
stuart (24th June 2015)
Old 22nd June 2015, 10:14   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 6,574 Times in 2,780 Posts
suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute suzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what you mean by "other relevant information". The link below contains all the information you need.

Charlotte and Yildes Datca's advice is good.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ent-form-vaf4a
suzyq is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:49   #5 (permalink)
istanbulK

I am lucky enough to have a job where I am earning enough and I can split my time between uk and turkey. I want to reside permanently in uk to be closer to my family, I am needed for health care. Given the circumstances my partner is agreeing with this decision.
I have seen people providing photos, boarding passes, phone bills etc. I have photos of course but I didn't think I needed to keep a document of our relationship over the past six years...! Do we really need all this? I know the move to uk will be terrible I am regretting it already, unfortunately given my recent family issues I have to return for a while at least. Wish me luck
istanbulkitty is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 05:26   #6 (permalink)
stuart

stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of stuart has much to be proud of

You will need more than luck am sorry to say as its hard enough for a Turkish national to even get a holiday visa for the UK.
stuart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 07:58   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,093 Posts
Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute Yildez Datca has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by istanbulkitty View Post
I am lucky enough to have a job where I am earning enough and I can split my time between uk and turkey. I want to reside permanently in uk to be closer to my family, I am needed for health care. Given the circumstances my partner is agreeing with this decision.
I have seen people providing photos, boarding passes, phone bills etc. I have photos of course but I didn't think I needed to keep a document of our relationship over the past six years...! Do we really need all this? I know the move to uk will be terrible I am regretting it already, unfortunately given my recent family issues I have to return for a while at least. Wish me luck
Yes, you do need it. You have to prove beyond doubt that the marriage is substantive, ie "real", rather than one of convenience in order for the spouse to enter the UK. It's particularly difficult if the male spouse is considerably younger. Good luck, you'll need it. And I speak from experience!
Yildez Datca is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2015, 09:20   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 12,355 Times in 4,234 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Kitty, do you work in Britain or Turkey? For some reason I thought you worked in Turkey.

You need to be working in Britain (ie. being paid by a British company) and be able to show money going into your account for a job which earns 18k or more.
If you have worked in Britain (ie for a British company but with the opportunity to travel frequently) for the duration of your relationship this may actually go against you, you won't be able to show that you have actually 'lived' together, ie have a permanent resident address in Turkey where you both reside and have a 'real' relationship.

The deck is stacked against you, this is the way the British government play it. It's no accident that it seems so contradictory.
The window of opportunity for residency in the UK is very small, it's a tiny little square and you have to make yourself fit it exactly.

Good luck, it can't be easy making these decisions when you have family commitments in the UK and a wedding to plan.

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
Akasya (28th June 2015)
Old 28th June 2015, 14:07   #9 (permalink)
istanbulK

Thanks for your replies... my job allows me to travel a lot. we have seven years of photos, engagement cards, passport stamps. We did try for visitors visa before but was denied as they thought he wouldn't return to turkey. I don't know if we should mention this? In our last application we both wrote letters detailing our relationship, should we do this again? I'm meeting with a mp next week for some guidance. Its not fun when visa is all you think about when planning your wedding but i know im not the first person in the world that this has happened to. My current situation i earn 21,000 i have 10,000 in savings. Everything is in my favour with the money side but you know the british government,do anything to keep people apart!
Thanks again!
Kitty x
istanbulkitty is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
citizen , turkish , visa , visa to uk