Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > Turkish Moves > Ask A Turkey Related Question > Turkish Visa's and permits

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2015, 19:41   #1 (permalink)

Ks6bass is on a distinguished road
HELP! First time residency application for problem

HELP!! Been trying for days to get into the First time residency applicationform but it is not loading??

e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr[/url]

After selecting FIRST TIME button and then choosing Province we have been led to then expect the Application for itself.

However, it pops up an already seemingly full calendar for next 3 months and then that's that...

We have tried it on iPads, on laptops via internet Explorer, Chrome and also Firefox...to no avail

Please let us know if you have any new or can offer help in any way.
Ks6bass is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 17th September 2015, 20:02   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 1,986 Times in 965 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HELP! First time residency application for problem

You cannot continue until you have booked a appointment. If you are continually getting all dates booked for 3 months,i suggest you try a friends computer with a different IP address as most offices are only booked up for 4 or so weeks.

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to REDDERS For This Useful Post:
yalimart (17th September 2015)
Old 18th September 2015, 10:02   #3 (permalink)

12remember is on a distinguished road

Same has happened to me...calendar totally booked up. Been trying for weeks. Had enough and have now given up. Our RP runs out shortly and cannot deal with the stress this has caused....same story from many others we have spoken to.
12remember is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2015, 07:45   #4 (permalink)

I called the Turkish consulate and after them trying there the First timer route and getting nowhere suggest it was either broken.. Or it would not allow me in because I was trying outside of Turkey. I said if it was the latter, wouldn't it defeat the whole purpose of providing this service for foreigners who neede to book appointments far in advance and she said...maybe. !!

Martin.... Are you able to access any non crossed/dates??. I have tried 3 laptops with Internet Explorer, as well as Chrome and Firefox iPads. No joy...

12Remember - are you also trying from UK?
Ks6bass is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2015, 14:24   #5 (permalink)

REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

Ilive in Turkey & have a Facebook help group for expats in Turkey to assist on this and other subjects.
When on the calendar look at the red header were the month name is,you will see a very small arrow to the right of the month name. Click on this and it will move you on to the following month.
If not over 65 you will have problems completing the online application,as you need to insert your health cover dates and this cover must be from a Turkish insurance company or one affiliated to Turkey.ie having offices in Turkey. A foreign company or travel insurance is no longer accepted.

Last edited by REDDERS; 19th September 2015 at 15:58..
Old 19th September 2015, 14:44   #6 (permalink)
Glad I got out

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,392 Times in 4,488 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

We went to Aydin yesterday and did ours
We had gone to a guy called Sami Isik who, apart from being the guy who translated for us when we bought, is also very well known for helping folk out with various problems and has a service he offers where for a small fee, he does all the paperwork and running round for you and can arrange a car service to take you to Aydin , stay with you and bring you back

Originally, we were supposed to go last month on the day after I tripped and broke my leg , so I rang him up and cancelled that appointment
Fast forward to last week and we went down to his office and asked about re-booking . He told us that because we had originally booked, we didn't need to re book and could just go and turn up and wait our turn
We also got the phone number of the guy (Husnu) who would take us (he actually called round the night before to check he had our address correct)

We were picked up at our place the following day and went in 2 cars along with another couple who were also doing residency ...We arrived at the building and went in, to be greeted by a tall blond really polite policewoman, who got us queing tickets, we only waited about ten minutes and then were called in
We were seen by a pleasant young lady who checked all our paperwork and then told me , I could have the full 12 months permit , but she could only do an 11 month one for Kath as Kath had got medical insurance dated from last month, so the insurance has to run for the term of the residency permit
she then gave us our temporary permits , we went and had a coffee along with the other couple and came home
The whole experience was a lot different (more pleasant) than I imagined

ted j is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2015, 15:06   #7 (permalink)

12remember is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ted J - congratulations on a successful RP - very informative but doesn't address our problem.

Redders - as with Ks6bass, we have been trying from outside Turkey - but thanks.

For the Embassy to be unable to access the RP booking system as well indicates a serious and fundamental flaw in the system (can't say that we're particularly surprised though)!
Also, whats the point when you need documentation (health insurance evidence) that can only be acquired inside Turkey?

We had intended to book early (5 weeks before RP expiry) in order to minimise possible need for an eVisa later but were presented with a monthly calendar that went to Dec 5 but didn't allow us access so we had to abandon that intention!

We have now decided that we'll learn to live within the limits of the eVisa process - in part because of the 120 day rule although the inability to access the system from the UK was the final straw!,!.!.!. Although it's a step down, it is so much less hassle!! Apparently the view of a number of others that we've had contact with.

Last edited by 12remember; 19th September 2015 at 15:19..
12remember is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2015, 08:04   #8 (permalink)

Redders- yes have certainly been searching ahead through the months as you kindly described. That doesn't seem to be the problem for us.

Re possibly having to be in Turkey to fill in form. I Haven't read anywhere on any helplines about the online application being country specific, but it wouldn't surprise me...

If anyone has a spare minute ...actually takes about 30 seconds...please let us know if you are in Turkey and can access any dates. It certainly would answer one big question and save us all going round in circles.

- Select First time button

- Fill in anti spam verification letters at bottom on next page it shows

- Select province - mulga is ours - but have also tried a few others with no joy

Then...

Does it give you a calendar with date available?? As Redders said you can select the next month with arrow top right.

Yours appreciatively....
Ks6bass is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2015, 08:47   #9 (permalink)
Glad I got out

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,392 Times in 4,488 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

The 4th, 5th and 6th of October are showing
and 4 5 6 9 10 11 12 13 16 17 18 19 20 23 24 25 26 27 30 of November and 1 2 3 4 of December ...accessed from Turkey and I put in Mugla province

ted j is online now send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2015, 18:55   #10 (permalink)

Ks6bass i wasn't suggesting the application was country specific,but if you are under 65 therefore needing health insurance,how are you going to put in your Health cover dates from the UK,when most probably you will need to be in Turkey to purchase a policy?

Tags
application , ikamet , problem , residency , residency application , time