Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 13th April 2016, 19:59   #1 (permalink)

Thanked 4,630 Times in 1,948 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute
STRP Renewal Experience in Mugla

Just thought you may be interested in our experience of renewal this week. . .

We arrived in Datca last Thursday, 7th April. As our RPs are only valid until 14th April it made renewal a priority. We got all the documents together on Friday, including a new requirement of a 'crime free' letter from the Maliye; counter-signed and certified full year copies of our Turkish bank statements, translated and notarised copies of passports, and translated notarised advice of pension income for both, oh, and 4 photos. Did the online app with professional help and got an appointment in Mugla for Tuesday 12th.

Interesting experience. . . We were separated (perhaps because they were short of work?) and each asked how long we had spent in Turkey LAST YEAR. Luckily it was 8 months and our passports were inspected to prove it.(120 day rule getting closer to implementation?)
We were also both asked about our previous employment and our educational qualifications and this was entered on the computer.(Possibly for future reference if cross-checking ID?)
We were in hot water for only getting one receipt each from the tax office for our applications. . . WARNING; you need 2 separate receipts, one for the 55TL charge for the card and another for 229TL for the year's permit. (or maybe that's just Mugla's idea of fun.)

However we did get our temporary RP with the instruction not to leave for more than 15 days and a projected issue within 2-4 weeks. Naturally that required another stamp from another department before we could escape to sanity.

Phew, and all to do again next year!
Akasya (14th April 2016), eddie_c (13th April 2016), howardian (14th April 2016), Jaycey (13th April 2016), Kusann (15th April 2016), Maisie (14th April 2016), tintagel (14th April 2016)
Old 13th April 2016, 20:36   #2 (permalink)
To Young to be This Old

Thanked 5,962 Times in 2,151 Posts
TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute TNT123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: STRP Renewal Experience in Mugla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
We got all the documents together on Friday, including a new requirement of a 'crime free' letter from the Maliye; counter-signed and certified full year copies of our Turkish bank statements and translated notarised advice of pension income for both, oh, and 4 photos. Did the online app with professional help and got an appointment in Mugla for Tuesday 12th.

Interesting experience. . . We were separated (perhaps because they were short of work?) and each asked how long we had spent in Turkey LAST YEAR. Luckily it was 8 months and our passports were inspected to prove it.(120 day rule getting closer to implementation?)
We were also both asked about our previous employment and our educational qualifications and this was entered on the computer.(Possibly for future reference if cross-checking ID?)
We were in hot water for only getting one receipt each from the tax office for our applications. . . WARNING; you need 2 separate receipts, one for the 55TL charge for the card and another for 229TL for the year's permit. (or maybe that's just Mugla's idea of fun.)
got ours last month
didnt do the crime free' letter
didnt do the Turkish bank statements
we got 1 receipt from the tax office
Think you should have done it in Alanya (or maybe that's just Mugla's idea of fun.)

Trev
TNT123 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNT123 For This Useful Post:
Jaycey (13th April 2016), Kanga (14th April 2016), Maisie (14th April 2016)
Old 13th April 2016, 20:43   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 1,953 Times in 945 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

You should get a photocopy of your payment receipts to go with your Travel letter,so that if you do decide to travel outside of Turkey they must be shown at passport control with the travel letter.

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to REDDERS For This Useful Post:
Maisie (14th April 2016)
Old 13th April 2016, 20:58   #4 (permalink)
African refugee

Thanked 19,984 Times in 10,273 Posts
Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute Jaycey has a reputation beyond repute

Absolute nightmare, thank Heavens we’re out of all that!

- Passport translation
- Police clearance
- Bank statement
- Wedding certificate
- $20

And all sorted, PR for life, 12% on USD deposits and all the pork fat you can eat!

Ukraine anybody ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaycey For This Useful Post:
Akasya (14th April 2016), howardian (14th April 2016), Kanga (14th April 2016), Maisie (14th April 2016), TNT123 (14th April 2016)
Old 14th April 2016, 02:18   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 10,421 Times in 4,163 Posts
tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute tintagel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We arrived in Datca last Thursday, 7th April. As our RPs are only valid until 14th April it made renewal a priority. We got all the documents together on Friday, including a new requirement of a 'crime free' letter from the Maliye; counter-signed and certified full year copies of our Turkish bank statements, translated and notarised copies of passports, and translated notarised advice of pension income for both, oh, and 4 photos. Did the online app with professional help and got an appointment in Mugla for Tuesday 12th.

However we did get our temporary RP with the instruction not to leave for more than 15 days and a projected issue within 2-4 weeks. Naturally that required another stamp from another department before we could escape to sanity.

Whilst (sadly) the content of your post won't ever be relevant to my domiciliary status Kanga, would just like to say 'thanks' for a very relevant, informative post for many TLF'ers

Last edited by tintagel; 14th April 2016 at 13:19.. Reason: Typo
tintagel is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tintagel For This Useful Post:
Akasya (14th April 2016), Kanga (14th April 2016), Maisie (14th April 2016)
Old 14th April 2016, 08:31   #6 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 27,103 Times in 12,008 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

we were advise by a friend in Milas yesterday that a flight from the UK by Easyjet landed with just three passengers on board ( personally known to our friend ).

Turkey is in for a shock this year , i feel that both holidaymaker and strp attendees will be well down on previous years.

Still as long as all boxes are duly ticked , even if the total number is down , that will be ok then.

One pities poor Turkish folk trying to make a living in the holiday areas. Still , more room for the one bottle of water , 8 glasses and lets stare at everybody , city folk.

Steve

Last edited by Akasya; 14th April 2016 at 08:33..
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
howardian (14th April 2016), jakebeak (14th April 2016), JanetClarke (14th April 2016)
Old 14th April 2016, 18:43   #7 (permalink)

LezliG has a spectacular aura about LezliG has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I did my RP renewal at Mugla the same day and I have to say my experience was totally different to yours. I arrived about 20 minutes early for my 11am appointment, and was seen at 10.45am by a very nice gentleman who spoke good English. He checked my paperwork and commented that it was "excellent". He did ask how long I had lived in Turkey, but that was part of our conversation and I don't think he was "checking up" on me. The process took about 15 minutes and was completely pain free!! Just goes to show that it depends on who you get on the day!
LezliG is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LezliG For This Useful Post:
howardian (14th April 2016), stuart (15th April 2016), TNT123 (14th April 2016)
Old 14th April 2016, 19:35   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 4,630 Times in 1,948 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDERS View Post
You should get a photocopy of your payment receipts to go with your Travel letter,so that if you do decide to travel outside of Turkey they must be shown at passport control with the travel letter.
Yes, we are aware of that, thanks.
We were actually given a copy of the receipt each, stapled on to the temporary permit/travel letter by the officials who interviewed us. We also had to get it stamped in a separate office before we could leave. My husband was also given back his ikamet but mine was retained and stapled on to my dosya. No consistency at all!

@lezliG; we too got into our appointments early, they're not exactly overwhelmed with work at the moment. I didn't feel that I was being 'checked up' on exactly, but there was certainly a record made of my answers, which I put down to perhaps keeping some personal info which could be used if necessary to confirm my ID at a later date.

Last edited by Kanga; 14th April 2016 at 19:44..
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
experience , mugla , renewal , strp