Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 14th September 2020, 09:25   #31 (permalink)

cigliboy is on a distinguished road
Re: residence permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleEarth View Post
I do not understand question 1??

My daughter, who lives in Kas, had to have two consecutive years of insurance to get a two year RP, as did a couple of friends of ours in the same area. There is some arbitrariness in the attitudes and "flexibility" of the ikamet officials it seems. Best to go prepared with two years of continuous insurance if you ask for two years.
Maybe we just lucky with our first interiew !

Question 1 relates to the postal application for renewals as opposed to first time applications.
cigliboy is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2020, 09:45   #32 (permalink)

Thanked 1,566 Times in 710 Posts
Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future Chasey has a brilliant future

We finished ours about four weeks ago

We got a two year RP so we needed to take out two year health cover

We did not need to provide any proof of income we didn't even give them bank details

We were told the police would visit our home but nothing as happened so far and we already have our 2year RPs

We had to do two separate applications because we didn't ring our marriage certificate

The web site crashed repeatedly I don't believe we ever managed to complete the on line application but we had help from a resident and she may have completed it for us

IMHO an interpreter was essential, especially one who knows where all the offices are

We got an up-to-date copy of our tapu and we had to get 8 photographs taken 4 of which were to a specific format different to passport pics. We told the shop doing the pics what we needed them for and they just did it for us

Whole thing took about two weeks and a further week to get the cards

After which I made the mistake of thinking i don't need to carry my passport with e any more but getting pulled over by the police and trying to sort out a sim in Vodaphone taught me the RP is not enough and you still need your passport

We got a Turkish phone wit our new RPs but despite having a permit they didn't register the phone to us and it will be cut off in 120 days
Chasey is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chasey For This Useful Post:
cigliboy (14th September 2020)
Old 14th September 2020, 10:02   #33 (permalink)

Thanked 8,025 Times in 3,494 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

I'm nervous about carrying my passport everywhere and we have had notarised translated copies made which we keep with us instead and they have always been acceptable.
They weren't very expensive, but sorry, cant remember how much.

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kanga For This Useful Post:
Chasey (14th September 2020)
Old 15th September 2020, 08:47   #34 (permalink)
MiddleEarth

Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,021 Posts
MiddleEarth has disabled reputation
Cool Re: residence permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
We did not need to provide any proof of income we didn't even give them bank details

We had to do two separate applications because we didn't ring our marriage certificate

The web site crashed repeatedly I don't believe we ever managed to complete the on line application but we had help from a resident and she may have completed it for us

IMHO an interpreter was essential, especially one who knows where all the offices are

We got an up-to-date copy of our tapu and we had to get 8 photographs taken 4 of which were to a specific format different to passport pics. We told the shop doing the pics what we needed them for and they just did it for us

After which I made the mistake of thinking i don't need to carry my passport with me any more

We got a Turkish phone wit our new RPs but despite having a permit they didn't register the phone to us and it will be cut off in 120 days
Even after several renewals I have to show an updated original of my social security pension for proof of income. Different offices have different standards not necessarily complying with the "official" rules.

Proof of marriage will be useful if you apply for SGK, a married couple only paysone monthly payment for Turkish health insurance .

We never had problems with the web site but a friend who uses a Macintosh computer had problems and came to us to use our (Linux) computer to do her form. We called the help line and they said to not use Macs. Strange though that my daughter has one and has had no problem with Firefox browser.

When I ordered updated photos I had the shop email me one for the online application which a lot of folks forget or do not know about until they get stuck on the first pages asking for one.

With most things police or bureaucratic or hotel, a passport is asked for and I have often been refused consideration of my ikamet. The kimlik number ("99 number for foreigners) is often asked for online government web sites, kargo deliveries, SGK, hospital or clinic visits. I keep scanned hi-res color photo copies of such documents including ikamet.

Regarding Turkish phone; the ikamet office does not do that. As best I know you can register even a locked phone, only takes money and form filling.
See these TLF Forums for more information:
Phone Registration now 1500 TL
AND
New mobile phone registration help?

Good Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiddleEarth For This Useful Post:
cigliboy (21st September 2020), IbrahimAbi (15th September 2020)
Old 16th September 2020, 20:02   #35 (permalink)

scotty1968 is on a distinguished road

Hi, We have aproperty in Kussdssi ,can we apply for a 2 year permit, 1st application, or is it only 1 year allowed, thanks
scotty1968 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2020, 09:17   #36 (permalink)

Well I managed to complete the renewal forms on the goernment website. When I came to make the appointments the time i requested was over ridden i think so i am not sure whether we are in at 10.30 or 8.30 as the system told us ?

Also our address changed by one flat number to 3 from 4.will this cause a problem ?

And our private health cover that we have already overlaps with the new ones we have taken out so the dates dont tally.i put in sgk as a work around will this be ok ?

We are ok for time as our appointments are on the day of expiry,nothing earlier was available.

Should I call the 157 number to check it is all ok ?

And how do I make this call from a uk vodafone number please ?
Old 20th September 2020, 09:39   #37 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 13,092 Times in 6,240 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Our house number is also different, I would not mention it, it did not cause a problem for us. I did, at some later point go to the nufus office and raise this issue, they said that the 'official' address was correct, even though we have the blue plate issued by the belediye with a different number on. Stick with the time given by the sitem you should also have a text or email from them to confirm this.
You will need a letter from the SGK to confirm your cover, I seem to recall that it was called a 'provizn' or something like that.
suecheshireuk (21st September 2020)
Old 20th September 2020, 09:52   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
Our house number is also different, I would not mention it, it did not cause a problem for us. I did, at some later point go to the nufus office and raise this issue, they said that the 'official' address was correct, even though we have the blue plate issued by the belediye with a different number on. Stick with the time given by the sitem you should also have a text or email from them to confirm this.
You will need a letter from the SGK to confirm your cover, I seem to recall that it was called a 'provizn' or something like that.
We don't have SGK cover I used that as a work round the complete the form.

We have private insurance for all the periods we need its just that they don't tally with our start and end dates for the renewed rp's

We haven't had any email to confirm yet as well.
Old 20th September 2020, 15:36   #39 (permalink)
I am not old but wise

friar tuck has a spectacular aura about friar tuck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcooke View Post
Will be doing mine and my wifeís this year

Been coming to Altinkum for 25 years and had property since you was allowed as a foreigner over 20 years ago

Itís time to spend a lot more time in Altinkum
Hopwas where the Witches dance in the woods
Old 21st September 2020, 09:07   #40 (permalink)
MiddleEarth

Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,021 Posts
MiddleEarth has disabled reputation
Cool Re: residence permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigliboy View Post
We don't have SGK cover I used that as a work round the complete the form.

We have private insurance for all the periods we need its just that they don't tally with our start and end dates for the renewed rp's

We haven't had any email to confirm yet as well.
I would be interested if that becomes a problem for you. May daughter goes through a "sond and dance" regarding insurance and overlaps. If this works for you I may suggest she try it also. Thanks

Tags
permit , residence