Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 4th March 2020, 17:56   #1 (permalink)

Leirush is on a distinguished road
Residency Visa- Tax Fee?

Hi all,
Iím looking into a residency permit so as to stay a few extra weeks in Turkey past my evisa expiration, without becoming unlawful and receiving a bar to return. I was told by a helper agency that if Iím a US citizen, tax fees will be around 1500 TL - which is quite high for me. Is this based in nationality or income? And if income, how is it calculated?
Leirush is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 4th March 2020, 18:59   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 2,477 Times in 1,295 Posts
suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute suecheshireuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Residency Visa- Tax Fee?

Maybe ask the person that gave you the infomation, though I'm sure it wont be based on your income as all ex pats pay the same price for a residency permit regardless of income. xx
suecheshireuk is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2020, 19:20   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,057 Posts
REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute REDDERS has a reputation beyond repute

The Tax fee is US$80 for the one year,converted to Lira on the date you pay the fee into a bank,you'll also need a one year private health policy. Premiums depend on age.
If you only intend to overstay under a month,you wouldn't get the RP card through in that time,so altho' i never usually suggest this,you could just overstay & pay the fine on exit.
For a 30 day max overstay ,if the fine is paid in full on exit,theres very little chance you would be handed a ban.

Marriage is a workshop..where husband works and wife shops..
REDDERS is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to REDDERS For This Useful Post:
enoch (4th March 2020), shash (4th March 2020), suecheshireuk (4th March 2020), ted j (4th March 2020)
Old 5th March 2020, 14:26   #4 (permalink)

Thanks so much Redders. It's now looking like I'll stay a little more than 30 days over so I'll apply for the residency. I appreciate all your advice on both threads. I have no idea why this helper agency said 1500 TL! They didn't seem so responsive, this forum feels much more knowledgeable. Hopefully I'll be able to return the help once I've gone through the application process. Merci!
Leirush is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leirush For This Useful Post:
REDDERS (5th March 2020)
Old 5th March 2020, 17:31   #5 (permalink)

Thanked 8,445 Times in 3,646 Posts
Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute Kanga has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to seem cynical Leirush but the 'helpful' agency may have been looking to take advantage. It wouldn't be the first time. there are some true experiences on this forum that would make you weep, and if there was an Olympics competition for rip-off I suggest TC could be a serious contender for gold!

Worrying is a waste of imagination.
Kanga is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 22:20   #6 (permalink)

Hi Kanga, thanks so much, thatís sad but understandable.

I ended up getting someoneís help to apply for both the health insurance and the application, she seemed very wonderful and responsible and legitimate. Itís worth it for me because I caught a flu (or maybe corona, who knows- something that really knocked me out) right at the time that I had to apply for the residency, so it helped take my mind at ease because the whole process was intimidating for me.

I paid 350 lira for help with the health insurance and 200 for help with the residency application online. For the health insurance, she gave me an official looking document for health insurance Ė ď FERDİ SAĞLIK SİGORTASI POLİ«ESİĒ. But, I just noticed in that document, she put my address wrong, as being in a different city. Will that be a problem when I have a residency interview?

For the application, I got a PDF copy of the application and an application number. She said she requested an interview at one of their offices and I should wait for a text message when my date/time is assigned. Is that normal- itís okay to be waiting for an interview date, but not to have one set?

Curious if this all sounds normal. I felt a lot of trust in this person but still would love reassurance that this is how it works! Understanding that in these days, everything is new and different.. upended.

Thanks all and best wishes, stay safe and strong in these chaotic times,

L
Old 6th April 2020, 10:31   #7 (permalink)

Matrixca7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirush View Post
Hi Kanga, thanks so much, thatís sad but understandable.

I ended up getting someoneís help to apply for both the health insurance and the application, she seemed very wonderful and responsible and legitimate. Itís worth it for me because I caught a flu (or maybe corona, who knows- something that really knocked me out) right at the time that I had to apply for the residency, so it helped take my mind at ease because the whole process was intimidating for me.

I paid 350 lira for help with the health insurance and 200 for help with the residency application online. For the health insurance, she gave me an official looking document for health insurance Ė ď FERDİ SAĞLIK SİGORTASI POLİ«ESİĒ. But, I just noticed in that document, she put my address wrong, as being in a different city. Will that be a problem when I have a residency interview?

For the application, I got a PDF copy of the application and an application number. She said she requested an interview at one of their offices and I should wait for a text message when my date/time is assigned. Is that normal- itís okay to be waiting for an interview date, but not to have one set?

Curious if this all sounds normal. I felt a lot of trust in this person but still would love reassurance that this is how it works! Understanding that in these days, everything is new and different.. upended.

Thanks all and best wishes, stay safe and strong in these chaotic times,

L
I wish I saw your post sooner and I could help you to do both of them online from home as I did both of them 2 weeks ago.

The health insurance address mistypes won't affect your application because the application for residency won't go through if there's an issue with the health insurance policy. It's not gonna be an issue during your interview, but I suggest to call the insurance company and get your address updated.

When I applied online 2 weeks ago I was given a calendar to select a date/time for interview, but it's normal to wait for the interview date/time when a person/company apply on your behalf. Usually you get the date and time by text message. Also you can call 157 and choose English to speak to somebody to find out whether a date/time is set for your interview. All you need is your passport number.

My interview is tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes. In the meanwhile, please let me know if you have any questions.
Matrixca7 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2020, 10:44   #8 (permalink)
Grey wisdom

Thanked 13,876 Times in 6,591 Posts
IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute IbrahimAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixca7 View Post

My interview is tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes. In the meanwhile, please let me know if you have any questions.
I think you will find that your interview will be delayed. As far as I know no applications are being processed at the moment. We were told at the GŲÁ idaresi that they may start again 'mid April' ours was due last month but they could not process the application. Good luck, let us know how you get on.
Old 6th April 2020, 11:28   #9 (permalink)

Thank you so much! This is really helpful. The person who applied for me saw the drop-down menu to choose a location for the interview, but then she said that I would receive a text message with a time and date. Is it normal that I haven’t received it for a week? I’m not in a rush, I just want to know that I’m legal and not breaking any laws here!

Also for the health insurance, the girl that did the application put her office in Antalya and her phone number as my address. Is that a problem? It’s not my home address and it’s not where I would see a doctor. She is saying it’s not a problem.

Thank you so much for offering with the help, it’s really no problem, I’m happy to contribute a little bit to the economy, I know that this is a really scary time for everyone and Turkey and around the world. But if I have an application number and I did get a text message from e-ikamet (It was just sending a passcode that I sent to the person who did the application online), And I’m theoretically waiting for a text message for an interview, then I’m legal right? Legally waiting for the interview? In the US I’m a lawyer and so usually I feel like I know things a little bit more directly.

Also would love to hear about your experience in the interview. Really I’m hoping to stay in Turkey because I love the culture, I love the city, I feel like I’m learning so much about history and the world and obviously trying to learn Turkish To be able to communicate with people. My work is remote editing and translation in America, so it’s OK to be here. The girl who helped me do the application, suggested that I say that I’m just here to learn Turkish. Do you think saying this stuff about really just appreciating the country and the culture is an OK thing to share?
Old 6th April 2020, 17:50   #10 (permalink)

Matrixca7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimAbi View Post
I think you will find that your interview will be delayed. As far as I know no applications are being processed at the moment. We were told at the GŲÁ idaresi that they may start again 'mid April' ours was due last month but they could not process the application. Good luck, let us know how you get on.
Which city are you in? I called 157 today to confirm and they called me back in the evening and said your interview date hasn't changed. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirush View Post
Thank you so much! This is really helpful. The person who applied for me saw the drop-down menu to choose a location for the interview, but then she said that I would receive a text message with a time and date. Is it normal that I havenít received it for a week? Iím not in a rush, I just want to know that Iím legal and not breaking any laws here!

Also for the health insurance, the girl that did the application put her office in Antalya and her phone number as my address. Is that a problem? Itís not my home address and itís not where I would see a doctor. She is saying itís not a problem.

Thank you so much for offering with the help, itís really no problem, Iím happy to contribute a little bit to the economy, I know that this is a really scary time for everyone and Turkey and around the world. But if I have an application number and I did get a text message from e-ikamet (It was just sending a passcode that I sent to the person who did the application online), And Iím theoretically waiting for a text message for an interview, then Iím legal right? Legally waiting for the interview? In the US Iím a lawyer and so usually I feel like I know things a little bit more directly.

Also would love to hear about your experience in the interview. Really Iím hoping to stay in Turkey because I love the culture, I love the city, I feel like Iím learning so much about history and the world and obviously trying to learn Turkish To be able to communicate with people. My work is remote editing and translation in America, so itís OK to be here. The girl who helped me do the application, suggested that I say that Iím just here to learn Turkish. Do you think saying this stuff about really just appreciating the country and the culture is an OK thing to share?
Don't worry, you're legal in the country until your interview date. Once you apply and have an application number you're legally allowed to stay until your interview date. If there's any issue with your documents on the interview day, they will give you 30 days to correct them. From what I understand it's normal to wait 1-2 weeks to get a text message for the interview date and time, but you can always call 157 to find out.

Which city are you in? I'm in Izmir and got an interview date within 2 weeks, but I know Istanbul interview dates are postponed to June.

For the health insurance, it's fine because if there was any issue your application wouldn't go thorough. Just ask the girl to update your address and phone number and give you a hard copy of the policy (you'll need the original one to submit on your interview day). On your interview date you need to have the following documents:

- printed application
- passport copy
- copy of the last entry stamp to Turkey
- E-visa copy
- 4 passport-size photos
- notarized copy of your rental contract. If your contract has many pages you can just notarize the first page if it has your information, landlord's and the complete address
- original health insurance policy

The application for the first year is a tourist application to give you a chance to discover Turkey. You can say I'm here to discover Turkey and its culture, learn the language and see whether I can stay here long term. They're worried about tourists working illegally here, but you can explain that you have a job and an income from US and working remotely. You don't need to provide any proof on the interview day. If needed, they would ask you for a proof and give you 30 days to submit (but it rarely happens).

Don't worry you're on the right track. Enjoy Turkey and the weather. I'll let you know how the interview goes tomorrow.
Matrixca7 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matrixca7 For This Useful Post:
Yerles (7th April 2020)

Tags
fee , residency , tax , visa