Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 7th January 2011, 19:35   #1 (permalink)

Alexander has a spectacular aura about Alexander has a spectacular aura about
Classical music in Bodrum

Hi All.
Me ad my half try not to miss any classical music event in Bodrum, but unfortunately we do.
We missed tonight the KARSANAT event, for example, because I found it on bodrumbulletin too late...
As far as I can understand no UNIQUE source of information about classical music concerts is available in Bodrum (Turgutreis, Gumusluk, Gundogan etc.), and there is no schedule for, let's say, the next month...
I hope to be wrong.
Any news? Any information?
Thanks in advance.
Alex
Old 7th January 2011, 19:40   #2 (permalink)

Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold
Re: Classical music in Bodrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
Hi All.
Me ad my half try not to miss any classical music event in Bodrum, but unfortunately we do.
We missed tonight the KARSANAT event, for example, because I found it on bodrumbulletin too late...
As far as I can understand no UNIQUE source of information about classical music concerts is available in Bodrum (Turgutreis, Gumusluk, Gundogan etc.), and there is no schedule for, let's say, the next month...
I hope to be wrong.
Thanks in advance.
Alex
I would be interested too Alex. If anyone has any advanced information that would be great.
Old 7th January 2011, 22:02   #3 (permalink)

dngood is a splendid one to behold dngood is a splendid one to behold dngood is a splendid one to behold dngood is a splendid one to behold dngood is a splendid one to behold dngood is a splendid one to behold

Hmm seems an impossible task; I've been struggling for a while now...

FYI, I'm now posting events like this as soon as I hear about them on the Bodurm Bulletin online calendar, and also sending event updates out via the Bodrum Bulletin facebook group, but it's very difficult to get hold of events information in advance.

I'll ask around and see if I can find out about anything else in the pipeline.

Dave.
dngood is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dngood For This Useful Post:
Alexander (8th January 2011), Lindacm (8th January 2011)
Old 8th January 2011, 06:46   #4 (permalink)

Yes Dave, thak you for that!
It was the Calendar that disappointed me last evening...
KARSANAT website seems to be of no use...
You might surely know other societies/associations/etc. that organize such events, can you please share this info, so that I can dig from my side?

Last edited by Alexander; 8th January 2011 at 06:51..
Alexander is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 09:09   #5 (permalink)

Sweetnighter is a jewel in the rough Sweetnighter is a jewel in the rough Sweetnighter is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
Hi All.
I hope to be wrong.
Thanks in advance.
Alex
There is a art and culture centre at Yakakoy which has classical concerts during the high season.Yakakoy is off of the road between Yalikavak and Ortakent.Google "DIBEKLI HAN" for more information.It's position is highlighted
on "wikimapia.org".Hope this is some help.
Sweetnighter is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweetnighter For This Useful Post:
Alexander (9th January 2011)
Old 8th January 2011, 13:34   #6 (permalink)

kate is on a distinguished road

Hello Moderator and other music lovers,
The only Advance notice of future musical events I can foretell is that if nothing is done in the meantime you will again be treated to an unwanted blast of ear shattering heavy metal type music if you visit the beach area below Royal Heights. This was emanating from the bar on the pontoon last summer at all times of day and night purely for the entertainment of the bar staff. Despite repeated requests from many holidaymakers to tone down the volume the mega decibel sounds continued.
While I am not advocating Handel's Largo or Bethoven Concertos , if he wrote any, for fear of stimulating a flood of objections from the heavy metal people. I would suggest that somewhere between the 2 diciplines would be acceptable to the majority of beach goers if presented in semi-mute mode---
I really was surprised that owners of the Artev built complex,s and indeed neighbouring complex's did not kick up mighty objections---- the day I went down people were doing a rapid u turn from the bottom cable car station and beating a hasty retreat to more tranquil locations.
Will be bring ear plugs with me next May
Kate
kate is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 15:10   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 12,355 Times in 4,234 Posts
teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute teosgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi alexander,

The Hurriyet daily news south weekly always have a list of upcoming events in Antalya, Bodrum and Izmir. You can view it online or purchase the paper edition every Monday:

Cultural events from İzmir, Antalya and Bodrum - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Charlotte
teosgirl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teosgirl For This Useful Post:
Alexander (9th January 2011)
Old 8th January 2011, 17:23   #8 (permalink)
tjd

Thanked 1,443 Times in 820 Posts
tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate View Post
Hello Moderator and other music lovers,
The only Advance notice of future musical events I can foretell is that if nothing is done in the meantime you will again be treated to an unwanted blast of ear shattering heavy metal type music if you visit the beach area below Royal Heights. This was emanating from the bar on the pontoon last summer at all times of day and night purely for the entertainment of the bar staff. Despite repeated requests from many holidaymakers to tone down the volume the mega decibel sounds continued.
While I am not advocating Handel's Largo or Bethoven Concertos , if he wrote any, for fear of stimulating a flood of objections from the heavy metal people. I would suggest that somewhere between the 2 diciplines would be acceptable to the majority of beach goers if presented in semi-mute mode---
I really was surprised that owners of the Artev built complex,s and indeed neighbouring complex's did not kick up mighty objections---- the day I went down people were doing a rapid u turn from the bottom cable car station and beating a hasty retreat to more tranquil locations.
Will be bring ear plugs with me next May
Kate

I'm with you Kate from 2 bays away - very loud music. Needs to be better controlled next year.
Old 20th January 2011, 08:51   #9 (permalink)

dngood is a splendid one to behold dngood is a splendid one to behold dngood is a splendid one to behold dngood is a splendid one to behold dngood is a splendid one to behold dngood is a splendid one to behold

FYI, I have just added 2 classical/jazz music events to the Bodurm Bulletin online calendar:

22nd January 2011: Gümüşlük Jazz Night - Emin Findikoğlu Quartet

19th February 2011: Karsanat Concert Series: Gönülden Nağmeler II

I will update with more information as I hear about it. If anyone knows of other events they would like me to add to the calendar, please let me know,

Dave.

Last edited by dngood; 20th January 2011 at 11:12..
dngood is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dngood For This Useful Post:
Alexander (20th January 2011)
Old 20th January 2011, 09:15   #10 (permalink)

Infinite thanks, Dave.

Tags
bodrum , classical , music