Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 10th February 2011, 16:33   #1 (permalink)

Peter J will become famous soon enough
Question Aidat Payments - Ayder Evleri

I’m trying to get an idea of what is a ‘normal’ Aidat payment in the Tuzla area.

The reason I ask is that ours has just gone up another 50TL per month and one of the excuses given for this is that there are many non-payers on site and it’s taking the committee some time to pursue these owners through the courts. I’m presuming that even if they can repossess properties to recover monies owed, properties will not be easy to re-sell at the moment anyway.

There are approx 119 houses on our site, a good size pool, tennis court (in a bad state of repair) a small football pitch and a basket ball court that has never been completely finished. We have a bar by the pool which sells snacks through the day and serves a limited menu in the evening. A proper restaurant was built, but was never opened and the small store on site was only open one season (about 3 or 4 years ago). The gym, running track and Hamman have never materialised although they were in the original sales blurb. Neither do we have the WiFi service or the inter site telephones that were promised.

Virtually everything shuts down when Ramadan begins and our Turkish co-owners leave which makes it very difficult for those who want to rent their properties. The site roads are in a chronic condition.

We are supposed the have 24 security but that’s dubious.

I get the feeling that those of us that do pay are being expected to fund those that will not or cannot pay. My concern is that the higher the Aidat fees, there will be an increased likelihood of residents being unable to pay, therefore there will be fewer and fewer shouldering the burden.

It will be useful for many forum members, I suppose, to have a view as to what an acceptable Aidat fee should be.

Please feel free to pm me if you would prefer not to divulge your fees via the forum. Views on our site that a monthly payment of 200TL appear to range between ‘perfectly reasonable’ to ‘scandalous’ especially as 5 years ago it was only 27TL per month.

Thanks, Denice
Peter J is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 10th February 2011, 16:53   #2 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Thanked 20,546 Times in 8,861 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aidat Payments

who is your management committee ? and do you use a site management company ?

martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 17:07   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 14,499 Times in 5,926 Posts
mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute mollag has a reputation beyond repute

We are on a Gumusluk sitesi of 98 houses---mainly Turkish with a small amount, 7 , yabanci properties.
Huge communal pool, 2 wells for potable water, 2 gardeners and night security.

Idat is 75tl per month
mollag is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mollag For This Useful Post:
Peter J (10th February 2011)
Old 10th February 2011, 17:22   #4 (permalink)
Efendi

garrym is a glorious beacon of light garrym is a glorious beacon of light garrym is a glorious beacon of light garrym is a glorious beacon of light garrym is a glorious beacon of light

My sitesi in Antalya is very simular to your set up.
120 apartments, very large swimming pool complex, tennis court, football, restaraunt, some shops, 24 hr guarding and 3 full time staff.

Over the last 4 years our aidat has gone up from 30tl to 60tl and I have been giving them hell (they do make a lot of "improvments").

There are rules about how all sitesi have to be managed. You and your fellow residents need to take control. If you elect a Baskan and employ the staff and security company you dont need a "company" to run somewhere your size.

Garry
garrym is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garrym For This Useful Post:
Old 10th February 2011, 17:22   #5 (permalink)

markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold markwilshaw is a splendid one to behold

Hi,Thats ok with 98 properties.
7350 TL per month in total.
Our complex is 10 villas,we pay around 130 per month on average
Mark
markwilshaw is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to markwilshaw For This Useful Post:
Old 10th February 2011, 17:25   #6 (permalink)

Thanks Mollag – think we’ll move to Gumusluk!

Martin, the site committee is made up of Turkish owners – there is no yabanci representation at all. Not even entirely sure how they were elected as the AGM is always up in northern Turkey in January and as far as I’m aware, no UK owners have ever managed to attend.

The site is managed by them and they employ any staff.

I should add that we have our own well on site and as yet don’t have to pay for water, so that could account for higher payments than the norm.

Denice
Peter J is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 17:28   #7 (permalink)
Efendi

garrym is a glorious beacon of light garrym is a glorious beacon of light garrym is a glorious beacon of light garrym is a glorious beacon of light garrym is a glorious beacon of light

Note: My sitesi is 12 blocks of apartments if your is "houses" a significant difference, but still alot.
garrym is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 18:36   #8 (permalink)

jearden is a jewel in the rough jearden is a jewel in the rough jearden is a jewel in the rough

The number of properties makes a hell of a difference to the division of operating costs but so do the rules of engagement. If you are on an established Turkish run site then the chances are they play by local rules with employees paid cash in hand, ignoring monthly minimum wage and SGK.
carolk (11th February 2011), Peter J (10th February 2011)
Old 10th February 2011, 18:48   #9 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Thanked 20,546 Times in 8,861 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter J View Post
Thanks Mollag – think we’ll move to Gumusluk!

Martin, the site committee is made up of Turkish owners – there is no yabanci representation at all. Not even entirely sure how they were elected as the AGM is always up in northern Turkey in January and as far as I’m aware, no UK owners have ever managed to attend.

The site is managed by them and they employ any staff.

I should add that we have our own well on site and as yet don’t have to pay for water, so that could account for higher payments than the norm.

Denice
I would ask to see the accounts, also ask them for the aidat accounts to find out who isnt paying, and then duck !! unless you are prepared to take them on
It isnt that difficult to place a lean on a non payers property, its my understanding that there is a precedent where a judge rule that an individual who hasnt paid for 3 consecutive months is deemed a "habitual non payer" and therefore easy to target, when the solicitors letters start flying the money usually comes in.

thats a bit of experience and info off a lawyer i am quoting

martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
Old 10th February 2011, 19:28   #10 (permalink)

In past years, we have seen accounts and also been given a spreadsheet showing the ‘non-payers’, but to be honest, the list is a bit ‘iffy’ as some were named on it who had definitely paid (I know they had because a several of the UK owners pay it together quarterly to save on bank transfer charges, so it does make you wonder if the whole list was questionable).

This year some of us were sent an email with a brief English translation of what happened at the last AGM and promising a full report when we go out in the Summer, so I guess we will get a copy of last year’s accounts then. It just seems that although we have quite a large communal area, apart from the planting, none of it seems to get looked after properly and an extra 50 TL a month is quite a hike. If we want our individual gardens looked after, we have to pay even more

Denice
Peter J is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
aidat , ayder , evleri , payments