Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 7th July 2012, 20:08   #1 (permalink)
tjd

Thanked 1,443 Times in 820 Posts
tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future
Royal Heights Owners

Can you turn the music down please?

Its really much too loud tonight.

Thanks so much!
Old 9th July 2012, 03:56   #2 (permalink)

kate is on a distinguished road
Re: Royal Heights Owners

tjd,
I am bitterly disappointed that noise pollution is this year again a problem in the royal Heights and surrounding area particularly as the new tenants of the Royal Heights amenity area and beach assured owners when they took over on a 2 year lease that they would do everything in their power to control the noise and were sure that by relocating the disco from the pontoon to indoors in what was previously the beach cafe that this would solve the problem ----obviously it hasn't----
It is no good hoping that Rh owners can help you---- they failed badly last year----- perhaps Artev who are still the majority property owners in Royal heights might take note of a genuine complaint from someone like you ---- hwever if I recall your posts last year I think you have already tried this course with no success--- Looks like you will have to try the Gendarme --- last year they had the music stopped at midnight on a number of occasions
Gumbet and Bodrum have ample facility to accomodate these poor souls who waste their money on flights to Tuzla, sleep all day ,use none of the major tourist attractions in the area, contribute nothing except probably a considerable ammount to alcohol suppliers and then keep decent genuine holiday makers and their children awake in the middle of the night. Kate
kate is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kate For This Useful Post:
anne m (11th July 2012), Bill & Linda (11th July 2012), dod (11th July 2012)
Old 10th July 2012, 22:09   #3 (permalink)

DGNTR will become famous soon enough

Oh dear, heaven forbid anybody wanting to enjoy themselves on holiday. Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to enjoy yourself and even afford yourself a beers and a dance at a nightclub into the wee small hours.

C'mon folks let's have a bit of balance here, surely you want the complex to be a success and if that means selling alcohol and putting a few tunes on then where's the harm?

That said, blasting the speakers at 4am is perhaps over-stepping the mark. I am sure a sensible compromise can be reached.
DGNTR is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 22:11   #4 (permalink)

DGNTR will become famous soon enough

Last edited by DGNTR; 10th July 2012 at 22:13.. Reason: duplicate
DGNTR is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 06:05   #5 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 28,293 Times in 12,706 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Imho residential sites are no place for nightclubs. The number of times Jackie and self have been blasted in hotels by stupid owners who crank up the music is nobodies business.

I hope the folk the other side of the hill from us are able to stop the noise. Fortunately we cannot hear it. Good job too.

The rate at which owners are walking away from RH / Flamingo / Turquoise et al does not bode well for the future.

The buses queue up now , wait 'til the club 18-30 crew arrive... no thanks.

Steve.
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 08:28   #6 (permalink)
Senior Members

Super Splash Champion!
Thanked 1,881 Times in 604 Posts
Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute Bill & Linda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGNTR View Post
Oh dear, heaven forbid anybody wanting to enjoy themselves on holiday. Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to enjoy yourself and even afford yourself a beers and a dance at a nightclub into the wee small hours.

C'mon folks let's have a bit of balance here, surely you want the complex to be a success and if that means selling alcohol and putting a few tunes on then where's the harm?

That said, blasting the speakers at 4am is perhaps over-stepping the mark. I am sure a sensible compromise can be reached.
My what a little charmer you are!! blasting the speakers at 4am is PERHAPS over stepping the mark, too bloody right it is, unfortunately the world is full of people like you who think ME and forget the hundreds of people around who the row is upsetting, old people, people with young chldren trying to get them to sleep or just people who have been grafting all year and just want a nice holiday.

I thought the OP was polite and very restrained because if it was me the old Zabata would be knocking (very loudly to make themselves heard over the noise) on your door.

Last edited by Bill & Linda; 11th July 2012 at 16:55..
Bill & Linda is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill & Linda For This Useful Post:
Bill & June (11th July 2012), Ceni (3rd August 2012), dod (11th July 2012)
Old 11th July 2012, 08:38   #7 (permalink)
dod
Young At Heart

dod is just really nice dod is just really nice dod is just really nice dod is just really nice
Smile Re: Royal Heights Owners

Well said. I don't live anywhere near the aforesaid place but I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. No one is trying to spoil the enjoyment of others but those who are enjoying themselves need to think if they are!!
dod is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dod For This Useful Post:
Bill & Linda (11th July 2012)
Old 11th July 2012, 12:51   #8 (permalink)
tjd

Thanked 1,443 Times in 820 Posts
tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future tjd has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGNTR View Post

If you ever went to Royal heights you'd know it's a pier/pontoon where they hold the disco and no-one goes except for the Turkish knobs that play the music.

If it was a legitimate sound proofed nightclub I'd have no objection, but 400db at the end of a pier is too much.

These villas were probably over 100K Sterling each and I know the majority of the owners are not in your select group of clubbers.

You want loud music? Then head to Gumbet or Bodrums Bar Street NOT Tuzla.

Alternatively, join me for a beer and you can listen to the music from 2 bays away and just about be able to hear each other.
Old 11th July 2012, 13:18   #9 (permalink)
Tillyfloss

Tillyfloss will become famous soon enough Tillyfloss will become famous soon enough

We have a place on Turquoise and really sympathise with the poor home owners who are affected by this. It is noise pollution and you should call the local police. Even hotels often have signs up asking guests to respect local residents and keep the noise down. I would be furious to be kept awake night after night. Do all you can to shut it up, even if it means closing the nightclub down.
Tillyfloss is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tillyfloss For This Useful Post:
Bill & Linda (11th July 2012), Ceni (3rd August 2012)
Old 11th July 2012, 16:17   #10 (permalink)

Winchman is on a distinguished road

Just to clarify.....most of these comments posted are represent of the situation last year.
The disco is no longer at the end of the jetty/pier but now inside behind glass to minimise noise pollution outside.
And to say'no-one goes except for the Turkish knobs that play the music.' is also a miss representation of how things are this year....
Maybe the music was a little loud on one occasion promting the original post. I personally know someone who owns a second row villa and has been staying there for over two weeks now. The loud music last year was one of their main gripes as they could hear it blasting even from their villa...
They were made aware of this posting and were quite supprised as they have heard nothing in the way of noise pollution since their stay, I 'm sure if there was they would be the first to complain.
May I also remind everyone that this is an open forum that anyone can view and comments like 'The rate at which owners are walking away from RH / Flamingo / Turquoise et al does not bode well for the future ' can only harm the area, sites and your investments and are not strictly true.. After a somewhat shakey and slow start to the season, Royal heights has improved greaty this year and continues to do so with sales also continuing ......think of the potential knock on effect of what you say in writing before you post. ....it only goes to show that some are making jugements from postings made a year ago or more.

Last edited by Winchman; 11th July 2012 at 16:23..
Winchman is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winchman For This Useful Post:
DGNTR (11th July 2012), spot (13th July 2012)

Tags
heights , owners , royal