Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  Classified Ads
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 9th January 2017, 11:00   #11 (permalink)

Thanked 5,109 Times in 2,391 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4K Tv

What about the new tablet?
Old 9th January 2017, 11:03   #12 (permalink)

Thanked 18,304 Times in 9,049 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Finances currently on hold Sleepy
Go back to Valencia later this month to start big furnishing shopping so betwixt that and the piss poor /€ rate I am pleading poverty

If I told you what my beloved spent on an effin fridge you would fall off your pellet burner!!!!

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 11:45   #13 (permalink)
Leo

Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse View Post
Well to be honest having looked at the price of the 4K tellys and then when I tremble with tears in my eyes at the price of the pad wifey had us buy I reckon a black and white portable may be more in our budget

As regards the android box I simply use a Nexus 7 and Chromecast.

I find it a lot better than previous Droid Box I had

I have a paid App, 5 a month which gives me all fball inc 3 pm games

My Tv viewing in Espana will be a lot easier too as I can use a Freesat dish for all normal channels
Philip - just a thought given the apparant state of your finances.... but might be worth you looking into getting a KLIXX box - the English chap who produces and supports these (very well) lives in Spain. You make one payment for the box and can then get all programmes and films from Sky, BT, Amazon & Netflix, plus all footy, cricket and rugby (every pl match as it happens) along with a range of programmes from the USA - all for free. He also runs a series of fun competitions around the sports stuff almost every week. For more info he is available on a Facebook search.
Leo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:
saoirse (9th January 2017)
Old 9th January 2017, 11:52   #14 (permalink)

Thanked 5,109 Times in 2,391 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute

Leo is this an android box with kodi installed ?
Old 9th January 2017, 14:45   #15 (permalink)

Thanked 11,874 Times in 4,372 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Philip - just a thought given the apparant state of your finances.... but might be worth you looking into getting a KLIXX box - the English chap who produces and supports these (very well) lives in Spain. You make one payment for the box and can then get all programmes and films from Sky, BT, Amazon & Netflix, plus all footy, cricket and rugby (every pl match as it happens) along with a range of programmes from the USA - all for free. He also runs a series of fun competitions around the sports stuff almost every week. For more info he is available on a Facebook search.
https://tonkstv.com/instructions.html

https://tonkstv.com/

It's his own Kodi build, so you can buy a box and put a free build on such as Areswizad and Pulse and get everything he offers, but you will have to do everything yourself, if you want a set up system and support then KLIXX may be the way to go.

Tonks does have a good reputation though and offers true support. I know 3 people that use him and all praise him for the support he gives. He has Facebook and you can message him on it I gather, but as I have not used myself I can't really comment.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali

Last edited by bickern; 9th January 2017 at 15:00..
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bickern For This Useful Post:
Leo (10th January 2017)
Old 10th January 2017, 01:48   #16 (permalink)
Leo

Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold Leo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickern View Post
https://tonkstv.com/instructions.html

https://tonkstv.com/

It's his own Kodi build, so you can buy a box and put a free build on such as Areswizad and Pulse and get everything he offers, but you will have to do everything yourself, if you want a set up system and support then KLIXX may be the way to go.

Tonks does have a good reputation though and offers true support. I know 3 people that use him and all praise him for the support he gives. He has Facebook and you can message him on it I gather, but as I have not used myself I can't really comment.
Quite correct Norman. I have tried a couple of these boxes. Whilst they can be good I have found that the almost constant updating by some of the service providers means that the system needs pretty constant attention. Unfortunately the support from some systems is poor or nonexistent. By contrast, the Klixx system is constantly supported and like your mates experience, I have only heard good things about them. Just need to be clear that Tonks and Klixx split a while back and both now operate as separate companies. I have no experience of Tonks, so can only comment about Klixx.

Hope this is helpful.
Leo is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:
Akasya (10th January 2017), bickern (10th January 2017)
Old 10th January 2017, 10:25   #17 (permalink)

Thanked 11,874 Times in 4,372 Posts
bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute bickern has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Leo, I had heard something about a split and one of them no longer offering the build on PC's, but I don't know the full story.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.
Muhammad Ali
bickern is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 12:53   #18 (permalink)

Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of Smiler has much to be proud of

I bought a Samsung 6500 series curved screen 55" UHD Tv recently. I paid 750, when I first looked in April the same set was 1200. Coupled with my BT TV UHD box and on board IPTV App, I'm more than happy with it.
Old 11th January 2017, 13:43   #19 (permalink)

Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,342 Posts
esb1841 has disabled reputation

TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science

TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science

If buying a 4K TV you need to work out how far away you will be viewing the TV from if you want to see the benefit of 4K

example for 4K and you are sitting 5ft away tv size should be 55" upwards

for 1080P same distance tv size 37" upwards
esb1841 is offline send PM Reply With Quote