Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 30th November 2009, 10:22   #1 (permalink)

lakegl will become famous soon enough lakegl will become famous soon enough
Management Committee

Hi everyone
I am still concerned about the management fees and the use of them for the past year. And how we will manage from now on. Has anyone had an approach about the January meeting? I know Mary is keen to be on the committee.
It is going to need some managing if we are to have first choice and thomas cook clients there.
Should we think about having a meeting, say after christmas, over here. (or a few regional ones)? Maybe with a bit more formality - I would be happy to take minutes at the meeting i attend and circulate so we can be a bit more organised.
I am open to any ideas at all but we all seem to be a bit vague and as long as we are vague Ufuk seems to be in control!
glenda

Last edited by lakegl; 30th November 2009 at 10:23.. Reason: repetion from previous thred
lakegl is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 30th November 2009, 13:31   #2 (permalink)

Jon & Mia is a jewel in the rough Jon & Mia is a jewel in the rough Jon & Mia is a jewel in the rough
Re: Management Committee

Glenda

I think the problem we have is that we are all over here and it really needs someone who knows about the laws in Turkey. Ideally an ex pat who is living in Turkey permanently. I have to confess we were naive when we bought through Prime. We relied on them to tell us what had to be signed and when. Of course they did this for the initial purchase but now they have their "cut" their job is done. Nobody told us about all the ongoing expences, rules and requirements. They make it seem like buying a car, You buy it, use it and do a bit of maintenance here and there - but the reality is that it is almost a full time endeavour.
Is there anyone who is going to be resident on the site who is interested in taking on a committee role (No put your hand down Mr Ufuk !!!!)

Jon
Jon & Mia is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 18:44   #3 (permalink)

Bill & Cate is on a distinguished road

I agree with you Glenda - we desperately need to get the Committee organised. The question is how to organise ourselves. I have already asked for volunteers to get us started but Mary was the only one who put herself forward. So, in order to get it up and running I will volunteer also. I, personally, would like to see Jon involved (although he has already stated why he feels he can't) and also Lartisse (not sure how to spell it!). I also think Madwife and, you, Glenda would make excellent contributions.

The main problem is that we are not all on the complex at the same time. When I spoke to Utku about the January meeting he explained that "January" was just a suggestion because the site was supposed to be finished in "December" but as the site was late then the meeting will probably be June/July maybe. However, the longer we go with no input the worse it is for us.

If we could at least get volunteers from different areas in the UK then we could hold regional meetings here and then the "main guys" from each area could get together via e-mail, phone, etc. to give the feedback from these meetings. However, the "main guys" would have to be ones who are going regularly to Turkey or better still actually living there. These meetings would have to be "official" i.e. not just turn into a social occasion.

There are quite a few going over for Xmas/New Year so perhaps something can be done then? We were not planning to come over at that time but if something could be organised (re the committee) then we would gladly go to the expense of a trip over.

So come on - people who have an apartment on the Hillside please consider volunteering to be part of the committee so we can at least start getting organised.

One question though: Does everyone who owns an apartment on the Hillside come onto the forum. If not, then we would need to find some way of contacting them to give them the chance of standing as well. Any suggestions? (I assume that once we have a committee up and running this info would be available - but would if be readily available prior to the initial committee line-up because of data protection?).

Cate
Bill & Cate is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 19:33   #4 (permalink)

I still have that email that Utku sent last september to literally everybody who owed money giving us all each others email addresses.
Should one of us use that to make contact without divulging it publicly?
Glenda
lakegl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 20:04   #5 (permalink)

Good thinking - I had forgotten about that!

Is anyone interested in an active role on the Committee - or should we women just go ahead and start the ball rolling. I, for one, certainly do not want to tread on toes but we really do need to get cracking.

Cate
Old 1st December 2009, 10:24   #6 (permalink)

Cate
Well, I am certainly interested in getting involved in UK meetings. I would do more but can't see myself affording to go (time or money) over there more than a couple of times a year.
Let's get the ball rolling on that basis.
PM me your email address and I can re-send the Utku email to you and we can decide how we best approach everyone.
Glenda
lakegl is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 15:21   #7 (permalink)
Dreaming of Akbuk

Thanked 7,816 Times in 3,757 Posts
Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute Bill & June has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Glenda,
We agree with all that you and Cate are saying, much as we would love to get involved on the committee we just could not spend the time involved in Turkey. We do believe however with Cate that we need to make our voice heard as soon as possible.
Best regards,
Bill & June.
Bill & June is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 17:12   #8 (permalink)

Andrew and Mary is just really nice Andrew and Mary is just really nice Andrew and Mary is just really nice Andrew and Mary is just really nice Andrew and Mary is just really nice

Hi Guys,

Yes, I will be more than happy to be on a committe but not lets get carried away here. We cannot go forming committees without the consent of everyone who owns a property on the hillside. We do not have the e-mail for everyone. At least 6 of the addresses Ufuk used on that e-mail to the world and his wife were returned to me as 'not known'. There must also be people out there that didn't owe him anything and may not have been sent an e-mail.

Are you talking about actually running the site ourselves when you talk about a management committee or just a collective voice to the management people when they are established. We must remember that this is not just a committee to run the place. It must be run as a full blown business with all the responsibilites that go with it.Perhaps we should do some homework regarding how many sites are actually run by the owners. I think I am right in saying that that is how the co-operatives work but someone will put me right if I am wrong.

To run a site this size is no mean feat and I for one would not do it without some financial reward. We would pay an outside mangement team so why should we do it for free. It would also be impossible to do it from a distance. You must have people onsite or at least in Turkey most of the year if not all of the year. If we do manage to find the right people on site, how would we go regarding employment laws? We have looked into buying or running cafes in the past and you do have to have at least a Turkish manager. I do not know anyone I would personally trust with this role. Does anybody?

I know this reads as me pouring cold water on your ideas, but it is going to a costly exercise both in time and money to do what you are asking and it would be a shame to waste all the hard work that would have been done. If we did manage to get something off the ground, only to have it rejected by something or someone, I doubt we would put ourselves up to do it again and that would be a shame. We have some great characters here and they would be invaluable in anything we try.

I am still of the opinion thet Ufuk runs the site for 5 years anyway but will get he who should be obeyed to check that one out for me.

I would love to be on your committee and feel honoured that no-one has stood up and said "oh no not her"..... not to me anyway, but I also feel that we must tread cautiously.

We are over from 27th Dec till 4th Jan. We are going to try to pin Mr Ufuk down for a proper discussion about various bits and pieces. Not over a drink at his bar, but in the office where it is quiet, and we can take notes. We will be only too pleased to ask him questions regarding this issue if you like. He can be elusive at times as I know we all know. The Scarlet Pimpernel could have learned a trick or two from him!!!!!!!! but we will do our bestest.!!!!!!!

Duck Andrew....incoming................................ ............
Old 1st December 2009, 17:41   #9 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Thanked 24,901 Times in 11,026 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys, I have been reading your thread with interest having been through it myself.
I can tell you that in Turkey at the Agm you only need to establish a quorum to vote on decisions. A quorum in Turkey is a simple majority ie 51 % in other words if 51 % of owners attend or give proxie votes then the decisions can be made and must be entered into the decision book (which will probably already exist) and should be notarised, you should also have a site management plan.
It does need to run on a business footing and can be very time consuming.

but good luck with it

martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
Andrew and Mary (1st December 2009)
Old 1st December 2009, 20:24   #10 (permalink)

Hi Martin

This is a new complex with only about half the apartments sold. All we know is that we are supposed to form a committee to attend to the management of the complex. As we are all scattered, i.e. none of us actually live in Turkey we don't really know what to do.

Any advice, guidance, etc. you can give us will be most helpful. To date the builder is maintaining the site but we have been told there will be an AGM in January and I am under the impression that we need to form a committee. Is this right?

As I said above any help and guidance will be most appreciated.

Cate

Tags
committee , management