Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 12th November 2006, 20:03   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member Has-Been

Thanked 8,529 Times in 3,195 Posts
immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute immac has a reputation beyond repute
New terror warning

From today's SABAH Newspaper in Turkey.

England warns its citizens against terror in Turkey

British Ministry of Foreign Affairs Foreign Travel Information Service has shown Turkey as one of the most 27 dangerous countries to visit due to possible terrorist attacks. Ministry of Foreign Affairs has sent a letter to tour operators, putting Turkey among risky countries to visit such as Afghanistan, Lebanon and Iraq. The letter indicated English victims of the last terrorist attack (HSBC Bank and English Consulate bombing on November 23, 2004) in Istanbul and asked travel agencies and tour operators to warn their customers about the high risk of terror before they confirm any reservations.
immac is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 12th November 2006, 20:11   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 5,330 Times in 2,143 Posts
Terry the Celt has disabled reputation
Re: New terror warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by immac
From today's SABAH Newspaper in Turkey.

England warns its citizens against terror in Turkey

British Ministry of Foreign Affairs Foreign Travel Information Service has shown Turkey as one of the most 27 dangerous countries to visit due to possible terrorist attacks. Ministry of Foreign Affairs has sent a letter to tour operators, putting Turkey among risky countries to visit such as Afghanistan, Lebanon and Iraq. The letter indicated English victims of the last terrorist attack (HSBC Bank and English Consulate bombing on November 23, 2004) in Istanbul and asked travel agencies and tour operators to warn their customers about the high risk of terror before they confirm any reservations.
27 countries at risk and getting higher all the time.
After the London tube bombings they consider going there is risky too
The recent problems in India re terror alerts at airports have now brought that country into play.
Where shall we go next
Antarctica looks nice!!!
Terry the Celt is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 20:17   #3 (permalink)
Non Active Member

canim has a spectacular aura about canim has a spectacular aura about canim has a spectacular aura about

We got sent a list of places we had to 'advise' about terrorist threats to our customers, (I work in business travel)

yes Turkey was on the list, but so was the UK, Spain, France, Germany, Egypt etc etc .. i could go on!!

The listings are sent round to the travel companies, so that they are covered incase any 'activity' takes place... they have officially told their customers, that attacks are possible.

if you check on the FCO website, the threat level for Turkey has not changed.

Last edited by canim; 12th November 2006 at 20:22..
canim is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 22:08   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canim
We got sent a list of places we had to 'advise' about terrorist threats to our customers, (I work in business travel)

yes Turkey was on the list, but so was the UK, Spain, France, Germany, Egypt etc etc .. i could go on!!

The listings are sent round to the travel companies, so that they are covered incase any 'activity' takes place... they have officially told their customers, that attacks are possible.

if you check on the FCO website, the threat level for Turkey has not changed.
Thanks Canim
a sensible realistic comment as it wont be long before every country is included!
A month is a long time in the terrorist world so who knows!!
I aint going to wreck my life and freedom worrying about it 24 hours a day
Old 13th November 2006, 00:48   #5 (permalink)

mavi will become famous soon enough

warnings or not..S**T happens in every country!!

my one and only sister was murdered in paris almost 5 yrs ago whilst there for a 'romantic weekend'

take care, keep a lookout...but at the end of the day - we cant become reclusives...no where is safe!
mavi is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006, 09:00   #6 (permalink)
aka Kym Ciftci

Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of Ms Who has much to be proud of

OMG Mavi that is terrible - My heartfelt sympathies with you.

Editor of 'On The Ege' magazine. Associated with Didim Beach Homes & Rentacar Didim
Ms Who is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006, 10:00   #7 (permalink)

jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of jcrian has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavi
warnings or not..S**T happens in every country!!

my one and only sister was murdered in paris almost 5 yrs ago whilst there for a 'romantic weekend'

take care, keep a lookout...but at the end of the day - we cant become reclusives...no where is safe!
You never think it is going to happen to you or one of your friends or family.
This happened to my brother recently.They used a base ball bat and he ended up in hospital with a broken jaw,operation to have two plates inserted and jaw wired together for the next 6 weeks.

DID YOU SEE BRICKET WOOD ASSAULT?
By Susie ODea

POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted in Bricket Wood on Sunday October 22.

The incident occurred in Russell Court around 11pm. A 57-year-old man from Buckinghamshire noticed a group of youths standing near his unoccupied vehicle. When he approached and spoke with the youths, he noticed two men alight from a nearby light coloured vehicle. The man turned to walk away and suffered a number of blows to his head. He fell to the ground and received another series of blows to his face. The offenders then entered the vehicle and made off in an unknown direction.

Offender one is described as a white man, approximately 5’10” tall, of slim build, aged in his late teens/early 20s. He had short black hair. Offender two is described as a black male.

The remaining group are described as all white, one male aged 18-19 years, around 5’, with long hair; a female around 16-18 years old and 5’ tall, with short black hair; and another male. These people may not have been involved in the assault but may have witnessed it, and police would urge them to get in touch as soon as possible.

DC Andy Boyer of the Area Crime Unit said: “This was a vicious and thuggish attack on a man who was simply safeguarding his property. To assault him when his back was turned was a particularly cowardly act.

“We would like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time or who may have seen the offenders either arrive at or leave the scene.”

Anyone with information should contact DC Boyer on 01707 638 8237 or telephone Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Your call will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.

There are no problems in life,just solutions
jcrian is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006, 10:26   #8 (permalink)

Freda will become famous soon enough

Mavi and jcrian, I'n so sorry....thinking about you.
Freda is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006, 10:37   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freda
Mavi and jcrian, I'n so sorry....thinking about you.
Jcrian and Mavi
Can I endorse Freda,s comments
I am really sorry
Old 13th November 2006, 12:22   #10 (permalink)
Wer'e not really here

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,006 Posts
peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute peter the postie has a reputation beyond repute

Wont put us off going to Turkey. I still feel a lot safer there than at home.
I remember saying to my wife last summer when all the bomb attacks were happening, that we'd just be extra vigilant and keep clear of the obvious places. We weren't vigilant of course, nor did we avoid anywhere. We just relaxed as usual.

Last edited by peter the postie; 13th November 2006 at 12:25..
peter the postie is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
terror , warning