Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 4th September 2011, 10:59   #1 (permalink)
Been there,done that!!

Thanked 8,799 Times in 4,583 Posts
Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute
Kirk Pinar ?????

Just wondering....if anyone(Saoirse).... maybe) can recommend me taking the hike to this eating house, as I will be in Calis soon(9th/23 Sept ) been reading about it and looking at some stunning photos of the views around and about the area where it is, from what i can work out I will have to get bus from Calis to Uzumlu then a hike up the hill,I did read it would take a week to get there if a bus went up there, I assume because of the state of road?
Anyway can anyone help how far and how long (approx) would the walk take I am pretty fit so walking is not a problem,and will it be easy to find? And would it be worth it? Or maybe stay in Uzumlu and sample the delights of a eating house there?
Any help and suggestions on this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance:
Mo xx

Last edited by Mojive; 4th September 2011 at 11:03..
Mojive is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 4th September 2011, 12:35   #2 (permalink)
Going to get Thinner

Thanked 1,697 Times in 955 Posts
JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kirk Pinar ?????

Mo, maybe Trevor can take you up the hill, lol.

Jeannie
Old 4th September 2011, 12:45   #3 (permalink)
Been there,done that!!

Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute Mojive has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that Jeannie NIce One :
Mo x
Old 4th September 2011, 13:46   #4 (permalink)

Thanked 24,546 Times in 12,539 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Mo

I have never been to this restaurant. Going by the directions its in the Nif area which is quite a hike (car required) from us here in Uzumlu

Going from Calis to Uzumlu is easy-you can either go into Fethiye and come back out by Dolmus from the Dolmus station across from the Tuesday market or you can get a dolmus straight from Calis and get off at Gunlukbasi-the Dolmus to Uzumlu goes through there.

Imho you are better off just comming to Uzumlu as we have nice (few, but nice) eateries here and you are then not requiring a car

Need any more info just ask

KIRKPINAR RESTAURANT

Henrik er min hjelte.

Last edited by saoirse; 4th September 2011 at 13:49..
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
Mojive (4th September 2011)
Old 4th September 2011, 13:58   #5 (permalink)
Been there,done that!!

Thankyou for your help saoirse....so a visit to Uzumlu sounds the much better bet.
Thanks again.
Mo x
Old 4th September 2011, 14:03   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 5,330 Times in 2,143 Posts
Terry the Celt has disabled reputation

It looks like the restaurant that Lynne (Bibby) took us to about 2 years ago up in the mountains.
Its absolutely beautiful but its quite a long drive up and up AND up!!
Sheer drops one side and gravelly road if you get my drift Lol!!

As Philip says, Uzumlu village is beautiful with several lovely restaurants.
Its pure escapism and well worth the visit.
The last dolmus back to Fethiye used to be 10pm but it gets packed out the door and goes like hell down the hill so perhaps the earlier one around 7 pm is better!!!
Ask Bibby too
Have a lovely break Mo

Last edited by Terry the Celt; 4th September 2011 at 14:08..
Terry the Celt is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Terry the Celt For This Useful Post:
Old 4th September 2011, 14:07   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 24,546 Times in 12,539 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

just been reminded by "the boss" that I have indeed been there

It used to get a good name for Turkish breakfasts and I went there a couple of winters ago-I found it ok, nothing special.

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2011, 14:16   #8 (permalink)
Been there,done that!!

Thankyou Terry....what I shall more than likely do is get there mid morn and return early afternoon....and saorise thankyou for the update.And I just know I am going to have a good two weeks
Mo x
Terry the Celt (4th September 2011)
Old 4th September 2011, 14:21   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 5,330 Times in 2,143 Posts
Terry the Celt has disabled reputation

Uzumlu is about the nicest place we ever went to visit in the Fethiye area and the hospitality is wonderful with nice people.
I have very happy memories of times there and will always be grateful for that.
Have a great time Mo x
Terry the Celt is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Terry the Celt For This Useful Post:
Old 4th September 2011, 14:28   #10 (permalink)
Ferretbrain

Thanked 1,170 Times in 513 Posts
Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of Bibby has much to be proud of

Yes, Kirk Pinar is past Niff. Stay on the main road that goes from the Dalaman/Antalya road, then past Uzumlu and past Niff. The road comes to an abrupt halt and you are forced to turn right. The road heads downwards a bit, then begins to go up, there's a right hairpin (a 1st gear job) and the car park is on the right (this last bit is less than a quarter of a mile, I'd say.

Uzumlu is around 473 metres above sea level (our villa is, anyway), and the restaurant is at 1430 metres above sea level. The views on way there and back are stunning, road good.

Tags
kirk , pinar