newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Green Pepper and Potato Dish
Thanks for the link arrian.

I had a green pepper left that I did not know what to do with (not so keen on green peppers) so this seemed ideal way to use it up without it going to waste.

I made it just now.

Was easy to make, really simple, no spices though I did add 1 clove of garlic and little paprika, the tomatoes and rice went well,but the pepper was a tad bitter so may need tweaking, that said green peppers are not my favorite. So thanks for giving me the idea!

DSC_0240-1-1.jpg

newhorizon

"Light Years Away"
Just to mention this tasted much better today i.e. the next day than it did when I made it yesterday.

The green peppers imparted its own flavour with the tomatoes to the rice, and although I still wasn't keen on the green pepper itself, the rest of the dish tasted much better today.

What I learnt though from this recipe is throwing in rice in the same dish and has given me ideas to try other vegetables, maybe like mexican style rice.

Think I will check out a few more turkish recipes they seem so easy and simple to make with minimal spices.

smithburt21

The combination of pepper and potatoes are bang on. I have also made this recipe which you have shown above. Now i am making green pepper along with garlic , potatoes and spinach. I come back with ingredient as soon as possible.

A89

This looks lovely!! and very easy!! My kind of cooking!! Im going to try this later this week.

Thanks very much.

alison

Hilsjw

Yes, I really like this as you can mix and match all the veg and even thow in a bit of meat if you wish. Very cheap to do and good enough to serve to friends. Thank you.

K

Kebab

For me Heartburn and Gaviscom!

bickern

Thanks for that arrian, it's on my menu for tomorrow. Looks yummy but simple, just my type of recipe.

arrian

R.I.P
with all that's been going on here at home, i'd forgotten about this recipe!!! so thanks to smithburt 21 for bringing it back! will try it this week. wonder if sweet peppers would work too?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom