Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > Turkish Property Forum > Rental Properties > Website Reviews and Resources

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th September 2012, 20:04   #1 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Thanked 1,988 Times in 769 Posts
Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute
Is your rental home being advertised against your knowledge?

We advertise with ownersdirect and hollidaylettings. We have found that our home is being advertised by the company Retreats Direct as are quite a number of other properties belonging to others in our development and town. We advertise with ownersdirect and hollidaylettings and it looks like the advert is cloned from ownersdirect from earlier in the year or the end of last year. It doesn't give owners contact details and you have to fill in a booking form. It might be worth checking to see if your property is on the site if you advertise it with ownersdirect. I have emailed the company and ownersdirect. The concern is that they take money for bookings or are after bank details. It certainly hasn't got our permission to advertise and take bookings for our apartment.
G&L (6th September 2012), Lindacm (6th September 2012), tosmur (7th September 2012)
Old 6th September 2012, 20:14   #2 (permalink)
Non Active Member

irishman has a spectacular aura about irishman has a spectacular aura about
Re: Is your rental home being advertised against your knowledge?

Thanks for that info Kalkan, I don't like what they do and for some reason or other I do not like, or trust their web site.
irishman is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 20:48   #3 (permalink)
G&L
G&L

G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold G&L is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that tip off, did you report it to holidaylettings? Luckily my one is not up there but yes I do recognise a lot of the others in the area.
G&L is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 20:53   #4 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute Kalkan regular has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't report to Holiday lettings as some on this cloned site aren't on HL and someone else has said that they have a picture on OD they don't have on any other site and that is on the retreatdirect site.
Old 6th September 2012, 23:20   #5 (permalink)

Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold Lindacm is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkan regular View Post
We advertise with ownersdirect and hollidaylettings. We have found that our home is being advertised by the company Retreats Direct as are quite a number of other properties belonging to others in our development and town. We advertise with ownersdirect and hollidaylettings and it looks like the advert is cloned from ownersdirect from earlier in the year or the end of last year. It doesn't give owners contact details and you have to fill in a booking form. It might be worth checking to see if your property is on the site if you advertise it with ownersdirect. I have emailed the company and ownersdirect. The concern is that they take money for bookings or are after bank details. It certainly hasn't got our permission to advertise and take bookings for our apartment.
Thanks for this tip. I have just checked the site and found our villa on there. I have just sent them an enquiry to see what happens.
Old 7th September 2012, 02:08   #6 (permalink)

Halanah will become famous soon enough

My property is on there too, I also sent a rental enquiry using a different email addy because my surname's on O/D profile & would identify me as the enquirer.

I think they have cloned from O/D as your able to save pics from their site whereas on Holiday lettings you can't.

Checked on whois & IP address comes up but no other info, scum!!!.

Last edited by Halanah; 7th September 2012 at 02:10..
Halanah is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 06:00   #7 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

I think all their propeties are bogus. They have 500 properties advertised in Kalkan alone and have about 50000 adverts worldwide. Someone has gone to a lot of trouble!
Old 7th September 2012, 10:52   #8 (permalink)

sasha will become famous soon enough sasha will become famous soon enough

Hi All,
Does anyone know if this id definately a scam? Has anyone had a reply from their actual agent? I would like to know before I tell my friend and send her in to a panic as her property is on this site and I am sure she does not use Retreats direct
Thanks
Sasha
sasha is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 12:03   #9 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

We don't know if anyone has been cheated out of money as they would have no means to contact the owner to let them know.
There is however a site that has taken a lot of work to do marketing 50000 properties worldwide, some at least, if not all, it has no authorisation to advertise. It isn't being done for the advantage of the owner! If it isn't a scam why has someone gone to so much effort?
I haven't had a reply from Ownersdirect, just an acknowlegment of receipt of the question.
sasha (7th September 2012)
Old 7th September 2012, 18:41   #10 (permalink)
The Golden Girls

Got this reply from ownersdirect today:-

'Thank you for contacting us.
We are aware that this website is advertising properties that are on Owners Direct.
Our legal department have sent a letter to the company to advise then they are not authorised to advertise the properties, but I can only advise that you contact them to remove your property.
Please feel free to visit our Help page if you have any further questions: Owners Direct Support
Kind regards,'

Tags
advertised , home , knowledge , rental