Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 10th June 2010, 14:46   #1 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 6,837 Times in 2,471 Posts
arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute
DIETS!! and help with....

okay, 2 years ago i was in full time employment, my hubby was not well but could manage during the day.
i walked to work every day, 3 miles. working in printing and photocopying meant i was on the go all day.
then 2 weeks after my 60th birthday an arsonist destroyed the building and i eventually was made redundant.
since then, my hubbys' health has deteriorated and i have had problems with my knees which meant surgery and the possibility of knee replacements.
as a result of inactivity, greed etc etc i have put on over 2 stone in weight, and had already seen it creep up by 2 stone as my boss was always bringing in cakes, biscuits, chocolates and pasties!

i now want to lose this weight as it effecting my health. my knees ache all the time, my breathing isn't as good as it should be, and i look a mess!

if anyone wants to join in or help me, i welcome all suggestions.
looking forward to anything!!!!!
Old 10th June 2010, 14:47   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 22,067 Times in 11,324 Posts
saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIETS!! and help with....

I am not in any way up on the science and tricks of dieting so I just decided to do a low calorie one.

Fellas should take on 2000-2200 calories a day so I aimed at 1000-1200 plus for the first time in my life regular exercise. It is nowhere near as daunting as it sounds as my exercise was walking (eventually jogging) for approx 30mins 4 times a week. I actually got to enjoy it eventually and cannot stress enough that like the dieting itself once you get past the 2 week mark it is 100 times easier

Henrik er min hjelte.
saoirse is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
arrian (10th June 2010), Terry the Celt (10th June 2010), tinkycarol (10th June 2010)
Old 10th June 2010, 14:57   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,734 Posts
bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute

Am away a few days Arrian but i will join you . Have to get my life back in order too ,so im game love Berniexxxxx
bebs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bebs For This Useful Post:
arrian (10th June 2010), Terry the Celt (10th June 2010)
Old 10th June 2010, 15:00   #4 (permalink)

saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute saoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Now Bebs dont you be comming up with Big City Dub type diets that us poor relations cany keep up with!

Dont be all spa treatments and 200 a throw dietary "Sex in the City" style tips

My diet food was mainly from lidl! (I kid you not)

Henrik er min hjelte.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
arrian (10th June 2010), bebs (10th June 2010)
Old 10th June 2010, 15:12   #5 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 6,837 Times in 2,471 Posts
arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute arrian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs View Post
Am away a few days Arrian but i will join you . Have to get my life back in order too ,so im game love Berniexxxxx
good, the more the merrier!!
Old 10th June 2010, 15:12   #6 (permalink)

sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of

I will have my first weigh in on the 18th of this month, that's my moving day. I won't put my weight on here but will get Eric to weigh me every Friday and I will report my losses each week. Yes they will be losses lol.

Are you going to get weighed the same day Arrian, it would be great to read the results every week.

I love my computer, my friends live in it.
sharon and eric is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sharon and eric For This Useful Post:
Old 10th June 2010, 15:16   #7 (permalink)

Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,734 Posts
bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute bebs has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea if we all start the same time Sharon , are we allowed a few units of alcohol on this diet Philip? ........Bebs
bebs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 15:26   #8 (permalink)

I gave up booze totally during my diet as beer is high in cals

However if you like the odd one have it as the worse thing you could do is give up every pleasure just to diet-you wont stick to it

For example my weigh in day was a Sat morning so as a treat if I had lost weight that week I had chicken and chips on a Sat night-thats another thing I can promise you. When you diet for a good while your sense of taste becomes much sharper and some foods like fast foods taste very different

ps one of the VERY most important things is support. My wife (has been size 8 , 7 stone 12 since day we married) encouraged me all the time so if your partner backs you it is a massive boost

Henrik er min hjelte.

Last edited by saoirse; 10th June 2010 at 15:29..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirse For This Useful Post:
Old 10th June 2010, 15:29   #9 (permalink)
Going to get Thinner

Thanked 1,697 Times in 955 Posts
JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute JEANNIE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Arrian, i've been going to a personal trainer for the last 12 weeks with my eldest daughter.
I really only started it for her sake but i did need it myself. I have lost 1stone 1lb [ CAN'T DO THIS KILO STUFF} and 11 ins off my body. Boy do i feel a hundred times better. I have not deprived myself of anything, i still have my curries and my bevvie on a Saturday night. I just pay more attention to what i'm putting in my mouth, well how much that is.

I know you have a problem regarding your knees and i think the best thing for you would be swimming, if you can, then there would be no weight on your knees.
I stopped buying biscuits aswell, if there not in the house , you can't eat them. I know it's not a lot of weight to lose in 12 weeks but i prefer it this way, not depriving myself of anything, just taking it slowly and everyday as it comes. I'm not gonna get stressed over it like i used to when i was younger cos then you just eat all the more.
Good luck Arrian, i'm sure you will do it.

Jeannie
arrian (10th June 2010), saoirse (10th June 2010), suecheshireuk (13th June 2010), Terry the Celt (10th June 2010)
Old 10th June 2010, 15:32   #10 (permalink)

sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of

I have got the full slimming world diet with me so might have another go at that. I will save up my sins for wine. I can eat loads of pasta and rice with a tiny amount of protein on my green days and then chicken or any other meat or poultry with salads and a little amount of carbs on my red days. If I have 5 small meals/snacks each day, this seems to work best for me. Little and often.

I am so glad the fat lady in Arrian's other post is so stupid and selfish as she has given us a kick up the bum and with a good support network of diet buddie's we may do well.

Long live TLF Fat Fighters.

I love my computer, my friends live in it.
sharon and eric is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharon and eric For This Useful Post:
arrian (10th June 2010)

Tags
diets