Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 19th August 2012, 16:40   #11 (permalink)
Cat mad and unashamed

Thanked 2,086 Times in 660 Posts
Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wheat Belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyanntr View Post
thats great kim..
recently ive noticed that white bread gives me awful indigestion and so i cut it out and feel better
have a good time when you come but don't undo the good work.its not worth it...and its not easy to shift it as we know.

Have you tried rice noodles
I'm desperate for poca!!! I will have to have one or two but I won't be going mad. I don't easily forget my first hospital drama with pancreatitis came very shortly after pushing my luck on my holiday in Yalikavak!! Luckily I love lokanta food which is small portions so I hope I can rein in the greedy pig in me

I tried rice noodles a few days ago. They were ok if a bit gluey but it was the straight to wok type so I'll try the dried ones next. I've also had gluten free pasta which tasted fine and you need less - which is just as well at the price.

Murat has different issues to deal with. His list identified sugar as being his enemy no 1 which makes sense as diabetes is in his family. Also yeast and eggs. Plus other stuff. We both have a strong aversion to apples which made us laugh but Murat is miffed cos he loves to go apple picking in autumn. I was gutted as cherries and brussell sprouts are on my list and they are my fav fruit and veg. But I suppose it's true that we crave the things we are allergic to the most. MMmmm could murder a big slice of bread and butter...

Poor mam - her number one thing to cut out was butter and she is the sort of person who doesn't spread it on she slices it onto her bread Never mind she has been avoiding wheat with me and feels great so butter isn't such a temptation.
shirleyanntr (19th August 2012), Sunny Seasider (19th August 2012)
Old 19th August 2012, 19:17   #12 (permalink)
From"Gods Own Country"

Thanked 10,622 Times in 3,459 Posts
pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute pepperkat has a reputation beyond repute

Could you not use cornmeal for making a bread with?
Old 19th August 2012, 19:54   #13 (permalink)
Life is so precious

Thanked 22,150 Times in 10,008 Posts
Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute Sunny Seasider has a reputation beyond repute

I am finding this thread really interesting and thanks Kim for sharing. I have IBS, I buy Spelt Wheat and Rye bread that works for me, white bread kills me, but all the other dietary stuff you have listed especially as it is helping rid of that sluggish feeling that IBS also brings.
Old 19th August 2012, 20:08   #14 (permalink)

Thanked 1,591 Times in 859 Posts
Istanbul_expat has disabled reputation

I imagine it would have a rather nutty flavour if made with oatmeal. You can eat things like rice cakes I take it?
Istanbul_expat is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 22:09   #15 (permalink)
Cat mad and unashamed

Thanked 2,086 Times in 660 Posts
Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute

yes I can use cornmeal though most recipes combine wheat flour and cornmeal. I could eat ricecakes or have rice but it is also on my list as a medium intolerancy so I have to cut right down. It's going to be a bit hit and miss for a while as Murat has corn on his list But I am not daunted. I will rise to the challenge and am feeling really optimistic about the future.

I'm reading the Wheat Belly book and it's fascinating. The author is a cardiologist and his story is really interesting. It all makes sense. But the proof is in the pudding as they say so time will tell but the testimonies I have read have made me excited. Wish I'd discovered all this many years ago.
pepperkat (20th August 2012), Sunny Seasider (19th August 2012), yeniyildiz (20th August 2012)
Old 19th August 2012, 22:55   #16 (permalink)

doreen moss will become famous soon enough doreen moss will become famous soon enough

I watched the TV documentary of the clips that you have shown last week
and thought it most interesting at the time. I suffer a lot from acid
reflux and have a Hiatus Hernia and am on Proton pump inhibitors (Pantoprazole), was previously on Nexium. My abdomen is always swollen and is the one place where I just cannot seem to lose weight. I am beginning to think that I too may have a gluten intolerence as I always feel worse after having eaten bread, white or brown makes no difference. I did notice one time after I cut out bread and ate corn cakes instead that my acid wasn't as bad, unfortunately I didn't persevere in cutting out bread so I may just try this diet. Thanks for the information.
Doreen
doreen moss is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 14:38   #17 (permalink)
Can

Thanked 1,275 Times in 588 Posts
Can has much to be proud of Can has much to be proud of Can has much to be proud of Can has much to be proud of Can has much to be proud of Can has much to be proud of Can has much to be proud of Can has much to be proud of Can has much to be proud of

doestn really need wheat, corn and rice are more than enough
Can is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:19   #18 (permalink)
Els

Els is a name known to all Els is a name known to all Els is a name known to all Els is a name known to all Els is a name known to all Els is a name known to all

Thanks for posting that Peaceplant. I saw the 5-2 fasting programme as well and became inspired and have been following it for the past two weeks, in combination with no wheat products. I am not wheat intolerant, but there seems to be quite a lot of research indicating that the human digestive system in general still can't cope very well with wheat. It was just not something which was included in the diet of the hunter/gatherer I suppose.
The midrif fat rolls seem to be disappearing nicely and we have also bought one of the scales that measure your bmi, fat percentage and visceral fat, so hope to report back in a few weeks with good results.
Please keep us posted on how you get on.
Els is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:47   #19 (permalink)

lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold lesley northall is a splendid one to behold

I find this thread very interesting and my doctor did tell me to try a wheat free diet as they did diagnose Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Could I please ask what you have for breakfast if cereals and bread are off the menu? I am asking for a blood test when I return to the UK and also am ordering the 'Wheat Belly' book.
lesley northall is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:05   #20 (permalink)

Carol Lee has a spectacular aura about Carol Lee has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesley northall View Post
I find this thread very interesting and my doctor did tell me to try a wheat free diet as they did diagnose Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Could I please ask what you have for breakfast if cereals and bread are off the menu? I am asking for a blood test when I return to the UK and also am ordering the 'Wheat Belly' book.
I have been on a wheat-free diet for 20+ years. For breakfast I would have either a bowl of fruit with nuts/seeds, (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, melon etc. with linseed/flaxseed/sunflower/pumkin/crushed hazelnuts etc. You can have eggs: boiled/poached/scrambled/omelette. You can buy wheat-free crackers: Nairn's oatcakes are good (wholegrain oats).

Hope this helps.
Carol Lee is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carol Lee For This Useful Post:
evren (22nd August 2012), lesley northall (22nd August 2012)

Tags
belly , wheat