FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > The Meeting Place > Wildlife forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th November 2011, 14:56   #1 (permalink)
The Penguin Rules

Thanked 1,942 Times in 785 Posts
northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute
Birds in flock formation

During the period of living here in Bulgaria is one experience l have yearned for years.l am surrounded by a huge wealth of wildlife and open space.Every morning l take the dogs out for their walks armed with my trusty camera for that precious moment when mother nature display such an array of beautiful images.
Here is a huge flock formation of either tufted ducks or the velvet scoter.The time was 7 in the morning at a temperature of -10.But is was so fresh and crisp which l love so much

View My Video
northpole is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to northpole For This Useful Post:
kale (21st December 2011), lucie (30th November 2011), niyaz (30th November 2011), pepperkat (30th November 2011), RedBloodedHound (29th November 2011), Sunny Seasider (29th November 2011), willip (29th November 2011)
Old 29th November 2011, 15:11   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 5,719 Times in 2,712 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Birds in flock formation

Doing the double.
Sorry.

Last edited by SLEEPY; 30th November 2011 at 08:33..
SLEEPY is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 15:12   #3 (permalink)

Thanked 5,719 Times in 2,712 Posts
SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute SLEEPY has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff Bob.
How is life in rural Bulgaria,its been a while since I have seen any updates.
Old 29th November 2011, 15:23   #4 (permalink)

sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of

Briliant Bob, I need to start getting up earlier if I am missing sights like that. I hope you are both keeping well.

I love my computer, my friends live in it.
sharon and eric is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 16:15   #5 (permalink)
The Penguin Rules

northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute northpole has a reputation beyond repute

l know many are curious on how l am getting on.
"Well",think of the Waltons and that is similar to the way l live now without the huge family of course.But even though l was plagued with so many problems here.l still prefer this life anyday.
l am without a income and have very little money now.l have to carry on for my wife and l sake.But more importantly the dogs,since they are the innocent one's that relies on us.
l made a 2 hob stove out of bricks outside to biol up water for everyday chores.When the temperature is -minus 10 in the morning,there is no room for negative behaviour but to get on with it and do the chores.
We have no toilet and no shower.But once again l have made a state of the art dunny outside to sit with nature.Now when nature does call in the middle of the night when the air is cold and with no moonlight to help one see the path to the dunny is an experience of comical mishaps.
We have not showered for months.But only used what hot water we have from the homemade hob to wash ourselves.As for haircuts is really a hit or miss scenario.l tryed saving money by giving my wife a haircut.She told me she wanted that little bit off the top and smoothed out evenly around the edge.{well,something like that]The end result was she looked like someone from Belsen.She screamed and screamed when she looked in the mirror..shouting at me..LOOK WHAT YOU DONE.She kicked me out of the house and l moved into a caravan for a day.The next morning she calmed down and came to terms with my handy work.She said to me she will not go out anywhere until it grows back.l did all the shopping and other chores.But,,that's life when one has very little money.

How l got in this position is very long and drawn out,which was due to a law change in the kenneling of dogs where they now can be transported out from Turkey to the European countries without using Bulgaria.

l bought quite a bit of land for the purpose to give the dogs in my care a massive amount of play area with loads of foliage for them to enjoy.That has now gone pear shaped.So now l need to go to plan B.
The land l have in the village l am living in will remain with me.But the 2 properties l bought in Ustrem will be put on the market.

The things l have made as well was from natures materials which didn't cast me a penny.l made a breadboard,a towel holdall,a salt and pepper shaker and 6 tea coasters from cow parsley stems.

l have been sleeping on a concrete floor for about 2 months with the floors covered in dirt.The loft is populated with rats.Which l caught one in my self made humane rat trap out of a plastic bottle.l stood the bottle upright once l caught one of these rodents and what l saw amazed me.The small entrance of the bottle was about 2 inches wide.And this rat positioned himself just so under this opening and jumped right out level with my eyes.He was running around the room where our dogs were sleeping.But all these dogs were doing was trying to get away from the rat.They couldn't even bother to catch it.

Loads more adventures here in Bulgaria,which one day l hope to be in a position to send you my story and many other photo images of the amazing life lead now here in the open countryside of Bulgaria.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rambo 246.jpg (85.7 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg rambo 234.jpg (54.6 KB, 161 views)
northpole is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to northpole For This Useful Post:
Bubles1 (21st December 2011), kale (29th November 2011), lucie (30th November 2011), millilove76 (29th November 2011), pepperkat (30th November 2011), RedBloodedHound (29th November 2011), shirleyanntr (29th November 2011), SLEEPY (30th November 2011), Sunny Seasider (29th November 2011)
Old 29th November 2011, 18:56   #6 (permalink)

sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of sharon and eric has much to be proud of

Things are not sounding too good at the moment but hopefullly you will be abe to shift your Ustrem properties to release funds. I hope you get through the winter Ok Bob, it's going to be a hard one for you both, I am so sorry that things havn't gone as planned and truly hope that things change for the better soon. Good luck.

I love my computer, my friends live in it.
sharon and eric is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 19:12   #7 (permalink)
The Penguin Rules

Thanks Eric and Sharon.Times like this are to test us in life to see how we can achieve something better for the future.You never know,something might come out of this in my favour.
what l gain now is something of an achievement and makes me feel like l am progressing.So,l suppose what l haven't got today,will be more grateful to what l can gain later with a better understanding to what life is about.And that is to appreciate what one has got.l have my wife and my health and the dogs.The rest is a bonus.
l know this post is off topic.But this video will give you an idea of what my life is.And the funny thing is in all this..l actually enjoy it.l love it and always look forward to the next day to see what the next day that will bring me.
l have cut my alcohol intake by at least 90% and have lost quite a bit of weight as well.And l do think things will only get better for us two from now on.
l have a lot of land for growing crops for the new year.And what is on my mind is a field of parsnips and corn.The other field will be Christmas trees on a rota year.Where the forth year will be harvest and the last rota will be the more mature ones to harvest with trees at an average of eight foot.l do have ideas and hope they will work
View My Video

Last edited by northpole; 29th November 2011 at 19:25..
northpole is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to northpole For This Useful Post:
Sunny Seasider (29th November 2011)
Old 29th November 2011, 19:34   #8 (permalink)
Living in Paradise!

SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold SonnyJim is a splendid one to behold

Words fail me.
SonnyJim is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 20:22   #9 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Bob...for the report..the pics and your perpetual optimism.
take care and stay as you are ....well with a few more home comforts but im sure they will come soon
sharon and eric (29th November 2011)
Old 29th November 2011, 23:02   #10 (permalink)
PostPositive

Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,156 Posts
RedBloodedHound has disabled reputation

Good luck Bob.

Lovely looking dogs.

Campaign to bring back Elevenses.
RedBloodedHound is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
birds , flock , formation