Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 7th December 2011, 07:42   #1 (permalink)

Mirazz is just really nice Mirazz is just really nice Mirazz is just really nice Mirazz is just really nice Mirazz is just really nice
Mice

It's 6.30 a.m. and I am sitting here in my living room (totally unheard of unless I am catching a flight) crying my eyes out scared to move. I have had to get out of bed becasue I can hear a mouse/mice/rat whatever in my bedroom.

I knew I had a mouse a while ago. It lived under the floor in my bathroom and I never never seen it, just saw its teeth marks in my soap in the cupboard where I keep supplies etc. It never bothered me to be honest, if I didn't see it I was fine.

Sunday night I was asleep in bed and I could hear a scratching behind the bed. It sounded like something was in the drawers under the bed scratching to get out. I keep old size 10 clothes in the drawers that I'm obviously never going to wear again!! Anyway, it woke me up at 3.00 a.m. and I just lay until 7.30 a.m. listening, trying to bang the headboard against the wall to frighten it etc. becasue I was scared to get up. Went to Morrisons that night to get some mouse killer.

I put 3 trays of killer stuff down, one in the bathroom, one behind my bed, and one in the other room. Came in last night and the whole lot in the bathroom had been eaten, none of the others. Now at 5.30 a.m. I could hear the thing eating the poison behind my bed. I wrapped myself up so only my mouth was visible so I could breath I was so frightened. I plucked up the courage to get out of bed and put the lights on. I am terrified. It's one thing knowing they are there, but another thing listening to it/them in your bedroom when you are in bed. I am scared to move anything incase I find something dead but I am just sitting listening out all the time. I am frightened to go and get ready in my room and even more frightened to go to bed tonight.

I will phone the mouse man, but what will he do? Will he just put poision down the same way I have? I am frightened incase it is rats coz its either a big mouse or a whole flaming family judging by the amout of food its eating. Can a mouse eat a whole tray of food? Half of the tray behind my bed is gone and it hadn't been touched before I went to bed at 12.00 last night. Sorry I am rambling, I am just trying to take my mind of it
Mirazz is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 7th December 2011, 07:49   #2 (permalink)
LMD

LMD is just really nice LMD is just really nice LMD is just really nice LMD is just really nice
Re: Mice

Oh poor you, I know exactly how you feel........I think I would have to move house!!!
LMD is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 08:13   #3 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 21,098 Times in 7,183 Posts
shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute shirleyanntr has a reputation beyond repute

poor you..my mother was very brave when it came to getting rid of spiders for me...im terrified of them...but was scared stiff of mice
i just think mice are cute

but what you have there sounds more like a rat yuk
we had one in the apartment when we lived in antakya ..it was massive i used to leave the door open onto the garden and was warned many times that a rat might get in...yusuf caught it and killed it ..dont ask me how i didnt want to know

how do you think its got in ..you will have to get a rat-catcher to have a look in case theres a nest somewhere...sometimes they come up the drains
Old 7th December 2011, 08:18   #4 (permalink)

pembelu has a spectacular aura about pembelu has a spectacular aura about

i feel for you..we had a mouse problem in the UK yrs ago, the poison didnt seem to deal with the issue just made us anxious as it was so toxic i think...the downstairs neighbours could afford a sonar/noise thing (no idea technical name) which is supposed to work by keep them away as they cant take the sound but we were students who couldnt afford one..and landord ignored our plees. we moved out eventually & i havent had any since anywhere. My neighbours moved out eventually but say the device seemed to keep the majority of mice at bay..seeing as mice pee/poop while going around it seems the cleaner/ more environmental solution to have the sonar thing but id love to hear of opinions on how does it work & does it work?? for future ref!
pembelu is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 08:23   #5 (permalink)
R.I.P

Thanked 1,686 Times in 624 Posts
louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future louise17 has a brilliant future

I had mice once in the UK, I tried the sonic thing cos did not want to deal with dead bodies either, made no difference to my mouse! I spoke to rent a kill & they recommended rat poison which I put down, I never found any dead bodies & the mouse/mice did go, it did solve the problem. Do phone the mouse/rat man I am sure he will check the poison for you too so you don't have to deal with any bodies. I really feel for you Mırazz & I hope you get it sorted quickly.
Louise
louise17 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 08:27   #6 (permalink)

Thanked 4,324 Times in 1,739 Posts
val2661 has a reputation beyond repute val2661 has a reputation beyond repute val2661 has a reputation beyond repute val2661 has a reputation beyond repute val2661 has a reputation beyond repute val2661 has a reputation beyond repute val2661 has a reputation beyond repute val2661 has a reputation beyond repute val2661 has a reputation beyond repute val2661 has a reputation beyond repute val2661 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone I know in the UK had a problem similar to yours and she called in the rat man. Hers was rats and she moved out while they dealt with it. You have my sympathies and I do hope you manage to get it all sorted before too long.

Val
val2661 is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 08:28   #7 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,235 Posts
altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute altinkum kev has a reputation beyond repute

Keep filling up the trays and it wont want to eat you.
mallin (7th December 2011)
Old 7th December 2011, 08:31   #8 (permalink)

Thanked 4,414 Times in 1,611 Posts
Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

We have one of the sonic thingys in our house in the UK. Does it work? Difficult to say. Caught a mouse in the kitchen this week, so it obviously didn't mind the "deterrent". Many years ago when my son used to go fishing, he (we think) brought a pregnant female home in his fishing basket. We were catching them almost daily! About twenty or so in all before it came down to the last one. Proved to be very elusive. Got him in the end, living in a shopping bag on the floor in the dining room. Took him off to some waste ground (a long way away) and let him go.

They say (who are these people?) that if you let a mouse go too close to your house, it will return. We catch them in the "get them alive" traps and release them. After all, they did not ask to be born mice did they? It is not their fault. They are extremely pretty creatures when you see them close up, which you can do through the sides of the traps. Poison is all very well, and I can understand why it's use is favoured. However, the mice have to die somewhere after eating it. I tried this once and came home from work to find a dead mouse in the middle of the living room floor! Fortunately, I do not mind them and picked him up in a tissue and buried him in the garden.

Having said all that, I do not want them in my home. They are destructive and carry all kinds of disease. I would rather they went somewhere else! Problem I think here is that they get in through the underfloor air vents and then find a way through the floorboards.

Tip here. Holes in floorboards and gaps are unavoidable because of pipes etc. However, the answer is to stuff the holes with wire wool. Mice will not eat their way through that. It will cut their mouths if they try. Since finding out about this trick, we have only had the one last week, in about two or three years. We too have the habit of leaving the back door open when the weather is nice, so maybe it got in that way.

Sorry Mirazz can't offer any advice to help you get rid of the rodent you have indoors at present, but if the poison has gone, maybe it will die - somewhere.

Maisie
Old 7th December 2011, 08:33   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 10,116 Times in 2,933 Posts
Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute Tess has a reputation beyond repute

Miriam go to B and Q and get the wee plastic mouse traps, they are grey and come in various sizes, they are not expensive, set them strategically around the house with some Snickers in the area to put bait.
Seems they love chocolate.
I have caught several this way.
In Winter they do their utmost to come inside for the heat and food and like Shirley I am always guilty of leaving doors lying wide open, therefore allowing a little furry friend access, having said that they can manage to get in if they want it would seem.
The last one we had was in a piece of carpet Mum kept for me in her garage until I was ready for it and the little dear was obviously inside it keeping warm, but trap down after we realised and we had him by bedtime.
I keep traps set in the Hot press and in the glory hole and in a couple of corners where they can't be seen just in case.
I always assume where there is a Jock there is a Jinny so even if you catch this one, leave the traps as a precaution.
I feel for you as I can work with any size of spider but the furry friends do my head in.
Tess is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 08:38   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 4,414 Times in 1,611 Posts
Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute Maisie has a reputation beyond repute

The one we caught last week had been eating it's way through a packet of shortbread biscuits I was foolish enough to leave on a shelf in a floor cupboard. If they are hungry enough, they will eat anything, including paper and plastic bags.

Maisie

Tags
mice