kennynsue

Drug Comparisons
Hi Folks

I wonder if anyone can help me?

I looked on the forum a while back and found a website listed on a thread where I could input the name of a drug and it would tell me other drugs available with the same ingredients, the maker and the cost.

Has anyone else found this? I think it was something like "www.ilabak.com/indexen.php" but I cannot get through with this address and wonder if anyone else has another link?

it's okay - i found it!!!!! :25:

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

cheeky chops

lifes a beach
Drug Comparisons
kennynsue

have you used this website

i took a look at the website ,i know diffferent countries have different prices for medication we brought a load of different products back form india and saved a fortune

how do you get the medication from this place do you have to visit the doctor off the website or is it a price guide for turkey as the website states no medication is for sale on the website

anyone else used it
cheeky chops

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Drug Comparisons
It is just to check what drugs will cost you in the chemists here in Turkey. Prices are controlled by the Government.
My chemist usually rounds the price down.

Ian

cheeky chops

lifes a beach
Drug Comparisons
immac said:
It is just to check what drugs will cost you in the chemists here in Turkey. Prices are controlled by the Government.
My chemist usually rounds the price down.

Ian

immac
thats the way i read it

cheeky chops

angiesco

Drug Comparisons
This is a question for the ladies, in Turkey-does anyone know the name of a drug that stops your monthly cycle? I know you can get it in the Uk but I don't know its name. Having asked a midwife before, she recommended taking the birth control pill. I don't want to go down that road, so if anyone knows the name, can you let me know. ı would be most grateful. Angie.

babes123

Drug Comparisons
angiesco said:
This is a question for the ladies, in Turkey-does anyone know the name of a drug that stops your monthly cycle? I know you can get it in the Uk but I don't know its name. Having asked a midwife before, she recommended taking the birth control pill. I don't want to go down that road, so if anyone knows the name, can you let me know. ı would be most grateful. Angie.

Hi Angie the drug i take on holiday to stop mine is called primolut

hope this helps :D:D

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Drug Comparisons
There is no drug that stops your period. There is a drug that "delays" it though. You need to take it three days before you expect your period to start, you have to take the drug three times a day. The maximum you can take these pills for is 10 days. The name of the drug is Primolut-N

Price : 8,58 YTL. . .

Last edited:

angiesco

Drug Comparisons
Thank you to everyone who replied. A bit of an embarrasing subject really. I know I said 'stop' my monthly cycle, obviously I should have said 'delay'

Again thanks to you all.
Regards Angie.

heidi

Drug Comparisons
Angie I think you are looking for Lybrel, a birth-control pill made by Wyeth, and the generic name is : ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel .
Brand Names: Alesse, Aviane, Enpresse, Lessina, Levlen, Levlite, Levora, Lutera, Lybrel, Nordette, Portia, Sronyx, Tri-Levlen, Triphasil, Trivora.
Not sure which name is used in Turkey but it will be one of these. The pharmacists here are very helpful.
I am a qualified nurse and I do suggest you do not take it regularly as it gives a 75% increase in hormones. Just a one off for a trouble free holiday right?

angiesco

Drug Comparisons
Hi Heidi, thanks your for that info. Yes, it is just a one off, I have enough problems with my hormones-wouldn't want to make them any worse!LOL I am hoping to have a weeks holiday, before going to the Uk, so my dates are tied for as soon as the school finishes. Wouldn't be much fun explaining to my 3year old why I cant be in the pool with her. Again, thanks Heidi, much appreciated. Angie.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Drug Comparisons
Hello Angiesco and Heidi

The information I posted was given to me from my Turkish wife who is also a pharmacist here in Turkey. So the info should be correct.
Cheers

Latest Posts

Top Bottom