Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates

Go Back   Turkish Living Forums > All About Turkey > Bodrum Forum > Yalikavak Forum

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2008, 15:06   #1 (permalink)
LOVING MY LIFE

Thanked 3,166 Times in 1,506 Posts
luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute
Dogs banned from yalikavak public beach

Whilst walking along the sea front in Yali this morning I noticed several signs on the beach banning dogs !
This is so stupid - Can the street dogs read I wonder ??
Its a sad day when it comes to this.
Always . when I am walking my dogs I carry a few small plastic bags and if they foul ANYWHERE i pick it up - same as you have to do in UK
Yesterday on the beach I saw a Turkish woman with a little dog under her arm - she lifted the dog onto the beach - it did its business and she promptly picked the dog up - but left the mess on the beach !
Last night - straight in front of my restaurant - which was packed ( unusual this season ! ) a man walked by with a rather large dog and it stooped to do its business right in front of my customers - I asked him very politely if he would clear away the offending - ( rather large ) mess and he just laughed at me and walked off - Turkish of course !

I would like to see notices around the village banning the Turks from clearing their throats and noses in that rather disgusting way they have and spitting in the street and beach

[I welcome your views on this subject please .

Last edited by luckycat68; 19th September 2009 at 09:51..
luckycat68 is offline send PM Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 20th July 2008, 15:31   #2 (permalink)

Thanked 1,179 Times in 424 Posts
pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future pldouglas has a brilliant future
Re: Dogs banned from yalikavak public beach

Quite agree Sue that this seems as daft as some of the ideas the 'little grey men from the council' come up with in GB. Okay, I may be a dog lover, but I do understand people don't want dog mess etc on beaches or public paths, but how on earth is this to be inforced due to the geography of Yali, as you say, are they going to fine the street dogs - forfeit one biscuit per poo!! It also seems to me they ought to teach the local residents about littering before they start on the animals.
pldouglas is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 15:38   #3 (permalink)
Non Active Member

Plops Champion!
Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,022 Posts
bobthenob has disabled reputation

l have to agree with what you have posted here.lt isn't the dogs that should be banned,it should be the arrogant,closed minded people that should be banned.
l saw this many times here in Akbuk,when irresponsible people are with their dog[whether its Foriegn or local]and they just don't care about the nuisance their causing to others.
This kind of behaviour always effects the responsible people,with restrictions enforced by the authorities,that has been put upon them.
lt doesn't take much to show acts of consideration to others,how would they like it if l trained my dog to crap on their doorstep.They would cry out filth,and yet they themselves have an attitude of filth.l can't stand hypocrites
bobthenob is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobthenob For This Useful Post:
Serdar (17th September 2009)
Old 20th July 2008, 17:08   #4 (permalink)
Non Active Member

luvmarmaris has a spectacular aura about luvmarmaris has a spectacular aura about

I would like to see notices around the village banning the Turks from clearing their throats and noses in that rather disgusting way they have and spitting in the street and beach

Maybe you should get a full list together and drop in to the Turkish Government offices, i'm sure they would be more than happy and help in any way they can to change YOUR country. How about banning those nasy men who take money off you when you enter.
luvmarmaris is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 17:49   #5 (permalink)
LOVING MY LIFE

Thanked 3,166 Times in 1,506 Posts
luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute luckycat68 has a reputation beyond repute

And how about banning those nasty little men that have taken thousands from my
Turkish husband to enter UK !!
I DO NOT wish to change " MY " country - i live here and normally respect this country and culture - though God knows there has been times when i have wanted to shout from the roof tops about things !
Luv marmaris - I would be interested in learning just how long you have lived in this " country "
and "YES " i am sure that the Turkish Government will go out of their way to help me LOL
Old 20th July 2008, 17:54   #6 (permalink)
Non Active Member

luvmarmaris has a spectacular aura about luvmarmaris has a spectacular aura about

You don't want to change the country, why post the remark then?

I've lived in Turkey for 12 years now, my job takes me back to the UK for 3 months of the year, next question
luvmarmaris is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to luvmarmaris For This Useful Post:
zuberdust (16th September 2009)
Old 20th July 2008, 18:04   #7 (permalink)
Cat mad and unashamed

Thanked 2,086 Times in 660 Posts
Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute Peaceplant has a reputation beyond repute

The beach issue has always annoyed me. Restaurant owners along the promenade frequently complain every year how quiet it is but despite being over-run with staff the beach fronts are sometimes disgraceful. Why don't they shift the sunbeds every morning, rake the beach of pebbles, litter and dog muck (ok not their problem but surely it is all about their customers who may enjoy the street dogs playing on th beach but not the feel of poo underfoot) wipe the sunbeds down and replace them all neat and tidy. What an improvement that would be to the view!!

Dogs should be banned from the beach - but as Sue said street dogs can't read
Peaceplant is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 18:42   #8 (permalink)
I miss you Pebble

Thanked 1,156 Times in 488 Posts
SuperBogs has a brilliant future SuperBogs has a brilliant future SuperBogs has a brilliant future SuperBogs has a brilliant future SuperBogs has a brilliant future SuperBogs has a brilliant future SuperBogs has a brilliant future SuperBogs has a brilliant future SuperBogs has a brilliant future SuperBogs has a brilliant future SuperBogs has a brilliant future

Turgutreis also has signs stating no dogs on the beach. Obviously it's for people walking their dogs, but most of them can't read either...lol. Possibly the way to make a change is to have a bylaw that you need to have a bag with you if your going to walk your dog so you are able to clean up after it. Make it finable, but don't bother if it's just another paper law. There was a different beach we used to go to that allowed dogs, my Jessica LOVED playing at the beach and 99% of the people LOVED watching her play. There's always that 1% though that scream bloddy hell as they are terrified of any dog or animal for that matter. We had one old lady freak out because Jessica was running on the beach, I thought she was going to stroke right there infront of me. Keep in mind Jessica weighs all of 6 kilos. Show an example and clean up after your dog and others if possible, in time others with get the hint.
Bob
SuperBogs is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperBogs For This Useful Post:
Helenm150 (16th September 2009)
Old 20th July 2008, 20:18   #9 (permalink)

Thanked 1,814 Times in 648 Posts
PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute PASH has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say in reply to the sunbed / beach fouling issue that whilst it is not very pleasant, i know one restaurant on the front (Dede) that clears the sunbeds at night, rakes the beach and the waiters are told to always keep a vigilant eye out for dogs dirtying the beech and to take swift action. Also, this restaurant feeds the dogs during the winter to prevent them from starving to death. I think this is to be applauded and commended. I have never understood the Turkish mentality of wanting a big male dog but as soon as they get bored of them, just toss them out onto the street..
PASH is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PASH For This Useful Post:
Fendouglas (17th September 2009), nanamo (17th September 2009), Sunny Seasider (17th September 2009), Yalides (16th September 2009)
Old 20th July 2008, 20:23   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,607 Posts
parrot has disabled reputation

Of course dogs should be banned from beaches,those which can't read,tough,round them up and teach them to read or dispose of them.There is a parasite in dog crap which can cause blindness in children or would it be considered by some,more appropriate by some to ban children from the beach.
parrot is offline send PM Reply With Quote

Tags
banned , beach , dogs , public , yalikavak