tomc1984

Suu Mare beach club and marina
Had another lovely day at the Suu Mare beach club and marina, Yalikavak's little bit of the Caribbean.
34f1ijb.jpg
[/IMG]

tomc1984

Hi Pat, It is beautiful, just like the Caribbean. Just past the marina if you are coming out of Yali. They expect you to spend 30TL minimum. We spent the day there, had lunch and drinks most of the day, not excessive and spent 80TL. The food is delicious, tuna salad is 15TL, Burgers 15TL and meatballs 16TL. Soft drinks 4TL and beers 8TL. Could not do it everyday but well worth a visit.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hasn't the sand been shipped in, and the place face lifted by what's his face who owns the Billionaires' Marina? Looks ok, but love Yalikavak how it is, and prefer the real caribbean, the waves of Barbados and Antigua, nothing like that in Yalikavak. God loves a trier, and he is trying.

Last edited:

Carmpip

Spent a day there but no kids menu. Service from staff poor for lunch Did not seem busy to us for delay experienced. Lovely facility. Swimming nice but litter in the water.and rocky near extended pontoon. Rough on feet. Has potential with proper management. Will go back.

Thanks Tom, we knew where it was, we pass there most days on our walk down, we are not beach bunnies but good to know if we ever have visitors that are.

tomc1984

Spent a day there but no kids menu. Service from staff poor for lunch Did not seem busy to us for delay experienced. Lovely facility. Swimming nice but litter in the water.and rocky near extended pontoon. Rough on feet. Has potential with proper management. Will go back.

We found service really good, and granted no kids menu as such, but pizzas big and tasty, kids could share, also burgers, chips if you want that thing. No stones to go out into the sea, but yes there are around the platform. Loads of seaweed too. We do like it there though.

kuzmin

kuzmin
The litter in the sea will be the up market lets be all posh and expensive marina builders then. There was loads of wood with nails in it floating in the sea and rubbish drifting in while we were there in May. We had never seen the sea discoloured before, and when our friend looked up by the marina, the builders were throwing all te rubbish in the sea. That won't be like the Caribbean while they continue to do that.

kuzmin

kuzmin
You should have reported it to the Zabita...
I did suggest this to one of the local traders but they said that it is all dealt with in instanbul or somewhere completely unrelated to Yali and would have been looked upon with little importance as the work was being paid for by this money wielding person who takes priority over locals complaining about rubbish on their beaches. Apparently the boat trip boats don't go out as far as they should before they empty their 'tanks' either, but it is beyond me why they should be emptying them into the sea anyway, what is wrong with emptying them into the sewerage system?

Jamster

Jamster
Okay, put it this way - Milas council now charge 'environmental tax' - so I think someone in Milas would be very interested in such blatant 'environmental' actions so close to the shore - no?

If not, then certainly in Mugla...

kuzmin

kuzmin
Apparently the builders were throwing the rubbish into the marina in May, I don't know what it is like now, but we are out there in September, if I see any more, I will report it. It is one of the greatest pleasures we have when we come away, just standing in the beautiful clear sea, watching the little fish swim around us (while they nip at our legs, the little blighters), you only have to see Barry Island sea in Wales to appreciated the beauty of the sea in Yalikavak and not want to see it ruined.

Jamster

Jamster
"little fish swim around us (while they nip at our legs, the little blighters),"

Don't knock it, that'll cost you £20 for 20 minutes on the Kings Road :15:

Jamster

Jamster
So it's not:

WON'T B-Long!!!

:dance:

Yep I'm here all week guys...

ALL freakin' week lol!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom