Property Buying Guide
  Didim Google Map
  Weather Station
  FUN
  Arcade Games
  Daily Crossword
  Jen's Chat Room
  Lira Exchange Rates
Old 18th September 2018, 21:08   #71 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Thanked 22,884 Times in 10,056 Posts
yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: End of an Era

So tonight we just ended another era, the high peak is no more, no new car this time though.
Stressful day, far easier to sell in Turkey,.
So I’m homeless for a short while hopefully not too long but you never know.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
yalimart is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
LauraB (19th September 2018)
Old 19th September 2018, 03:51   #72 (permalink)
I AM GROOT

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,888 Times in 4,769 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you looking at Martin?

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 06:28   #73 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute yalimart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted j View Post
Where are you looking at Martin?
Heading North Ted, but just beyond the borders which would have been my choice, I like the area around Hawick but unfortunately Linsey wishes to carry on working so we need to be in striking distance of the financial centres so we will be 45 minutes south of Glasgow/Edinburgh, I am more than happy with that, and we have found a more than suitable property, we wanted single storey living with a big flat garden in a rural area which we have found, that said there are 8 properties on the development so it will be like city living for us.
Our house in the High Peak is the polar opposite being over 3 floors and a sloping garden with embankments and totally surrounded by trees.
A lovely family have bought it and we have 2 weeks to get out, the new house may not be ready as in the legal side of stuff to move into so I may become a traveller for the duration, Linsey is staying in the Peaks until the end of the year as her work is this area and Yorkshire.
She will at that point leave and look elsewhere if her current employer can't accommodate her.

We were due to fly to Kos yesterday for a weeks sunshine but Jet 2 cancelled the hotel, the alternative had childrens clubs and was miles away so we took the refund, selling the house on the same day seems fair compensation to me.

Onwards and upwards

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days

Last edited by yalimart; 19th September 2018 at 06:35..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
suecheshireuk (19th September 2018), ted j (19th September 2018)
Old 19th September 2018, 07:02   #74 (permalink)
I AM GROOT

Simon Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 9,888 Times in 4,769 Posts
ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute ted j has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck with the sale . Ours dragged on for ages, a problem with the land registry , I had obtained freehold years ago but the records were incorrect and showed leasehold , it took over 6 weeks to get sorted, luckily the young couple buying were living with his parents and weren't bothered about waiting
You get to find out when selling, just how many building regulations have changed in recent years , lots of stuff on the internet is now wrong and should be taken down

ted j is offline send PM Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 07:13   #75 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

Quote:
Best of luck with the sale . Ours dragged on for ages, a problem with the land registry , I had obtained freehold years ago but the records were incorrect and showed leasehold , it took over 6 weeks to get sorted, luckily the young couple buying were living with his parents and weren't bothered about waiting
You get to find out when selling, just how many building regulations have changed in recent years , lots of stuff on the internet is now wrong and should be taken down
We have been through all that Ted, and exchanged contracts yesterday, we had all the planning and completions we needed, one minor issue was the road is private and we had our access in a southerly direction in our deeds, not good enough, the buyers solicitor wanted an indemnity, we agreed because it wasn't worth the hassle arguing it.

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
Akasya (19th September 2018), enoch (19th September 2018), ted j (19th September 2018)
Old 19th September 2018, 08:23   #76 (permalink)
Postless Pointer

Thanked 30,755 Times in 14,168 Posts
Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute Akasya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Knickers .

Steve
Akasya is offline send PM Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Akasya For This Useful Post:
enoch (19th September 2018)
Old 1st November 2018, 20:00   #77 (permalink)
The Carnwath Massive

So its a year ago today, the obvious question would be have I/we missed it the answer of course is yes but the last 12 months have taken it out of us but in a nice way.
We had to sell dads Bungalow to fund his care we emptied it and found it not in great condition, in part in a big way, I tried to bring it to a standard but started to suffer badly with knee problems so that killed that, we finally got a offer which we were about to accept when a counter offer came in, backwards and forwards until we accepted a 10,000 over asking price offer, eventually the sale went through I then had the task as POA of investing the money on his behalf, not as easy as you think, some wanted his signature on documents, he is 92 in a care home with Alzheimers and Vascular Dementia, it took up so much of my time, hours at a time.

Then our humble abode was on the market, it was a 120 year old cottage in the middle of the woods, hansel and gretel style, initially slow but we sold to cash buyers and had to get out, our offer on our current home here in South Lanarkshire was accepted and the rest is history, Linsey still lives in the High Peak until Christmas when she moves up here, the cats or just Neville went out for the first time today and found his way back, the girly cat Nora is still asleep from this morning, rambling on a bit but as much as we would have loved to have gone back and booked into a hotel and done the things tourist do, this year would have been impossible.

Its supposed to get easier as you get older, isn't it ?

Next year we agreed to a cruise with friends out of New York early in the year and its a big birthday for me later on so reluctant to book flights to Bodrum for next year until we hatch the birthday plan, I know I don't look 40 but time rolls on so want to do something special or go somewhere we really enjoyed, I would love to go back to Alaska but it doesn't mix with November up there.

All I can say is I will be back !

Martin

3 Trophies in 10 days
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to yalimart For This Useful Post:
429nufc (1st November 2018), Akasya (1st November 2018), bebs (3rd November 2018), Hilsjw (2nd November 2018), IbrahimAbi (1st November 2018), j in bo (1st November 2018), JanetClarke (1st November 2018), janm (2nd November 2018), saoirse (2nd November 2018), shash (2nd November 2018), ted j (1st November 2018)

Tags
end , era